SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Brake Rotors for SC400

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-01, 11:28 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake Rotors for SC400

Has anyone replaced the front brake rotors on the SC400 yet?
Where did you buy your rotors at? How much did it cost?
What do you recommend for a replacement rotors? A slotted rotors will cost me at least $145+ each

Don't tell me get it from the dealer. I know how to do that already. I like to know where is the cheaper place to buy the rotors and is there any different between the OEM vs aftermarket rotors.

I know about Brembo (spelling) rotors, they're suppose to be good rotors but how good are they compare to regular rotors?

So far I know these site: www.carparts.com www.cyberauto.com and Steve Ganz of Carson Toyota

Thanks in Advance
Old 11-26-01, 12:48 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Brake Rotors for SC400

Originally posted by VQT
Has anyone replaced the front brake rotors on the SC400 yet?
Where did you buy your rotors at? How much did it cost?
What do you recommend for a replacement rotors? A slotted rotors will cost me at least $145+ each

Don't tell me get it from the dealer. I know how to do that already. I like to know where is the cheaper place to buy the rotors and is there any different between the OEM vs aftermarket rotors.

I know about Brembo (spelling) rotors, they're suppose to be good rotors but how good are they compare to regular rotors?

So far I know these site: www.carparts.com www.cyberauto.com and Steve Ganz of Carson Toyota

Thanks in Advance
Bremos are prabably one of the best breaks in the world. You should expect ultra high quality rotors if they come from Bremo. If you want the OEM rotors, then try www.parts.com. I am sure they're little less expencive than most. If you need to replace the rotors, then you might aswell upgrade to Supra breaks. If it's true and you can get them for 800 bucks, then I don't know what's stopping you. Well, maybe small rims, but hey, get new rims then.
Old 11-27-01, 05:41 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Brakes

VQT.....The SupraTT upgrade is a nice way to go, but there are places that sell rotors for the 400. Check out Autodynamic.com
They list crossdrilled and slotted rotors for Lexus for $250.00 a pair.

gadgetSC
Old 11-27-01, 06:10 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Brakes

Originally posted by gadgetSC
VQT.....The SupraTT upgrade is a nice way to go, but there are places that sell rotors for the 400. Check out Autodynamic.com
They list crossdrilled and slotted rotors for Lexus for $250.00 a pair.

gadgetSC
Thanks gadgetSC,

Steve Ganz of Carson Toyota has OEM rotors for $114 each and TRD slotted rotors for $99 each.

I have some problem with my caliper lately and it been eating up the rotor. I think I need to use a cheap rotor for a while before going for the more expensive one. I may have to replace the caliper also then TT brake sound good.

What is the difference between SC400 and Supra TT brake? Diameter? Caliper? Do I need a larger dia. wheels to accommodate the TT brake?
Old 11-27-01, 07:03 AM
DIrEctQL

Default Re: Re: Brakes

Originally posted by VQT

Thanks gadgetSC,

Steve Ganz of Carson Toyota has OEM rotors for $114 each and TRD slotted rotors for $99 each.

I have some problem with my caliper lately and it been eating up the rotor. I think I need to use a cheap rotor for a while before going for the more expensive one. I may have to replace the caliper also then TT brake sound good.

What is the difference between SC400 and Supra TT brake? Diameter? Caliper? Do I need a larger dia. wheels to accommodate the TT brake?
I belive it's a 4 point caliper vs. our 2 point caliper. Then the rotors are hudge vs, our little wimpy ones. They're soo big, that they won't fit the a lot of the 17" rims and none of the 16" rims. In Japan the Supra TT breaks are known as TRD breaks and the kit is available for our car too (as in the Soarer).
Old 11-27-01, 07:54 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Thanks DIrEctQL

Old 11-27-01, 08:09 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by VQT
Thanks DIrEctQL

No prob. I hate the breaks on our car with passion. They suck!