SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Btought to you by the Letter "L"

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-01, 04:20 AM
black sc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Btought to you by the Letter "L"

WTF, someone took the "L" emblem from the back trunk of my SC4. What is up with that? They put a tiny scratch but, my question is: Will the Toyota Soarer Lion symbol cover the holes of the previous "L" symbol's nipples where it use to fit? Also, how much do the Soarer badge kit complete usually cost?

I know Mercedes have these problems of the stars disappearing but, what's with stealing an "L" from the Lexus. One of my friends said some punk kid is probably making a necklace out of it right now and showing it off to his friends at school. Now, that's pathetic.

So, is that the trend now. To go thru the alphabet and try to steal letters from cars i.e.-Honda-H, Acura-A, Lexus-L, etc.

I'm making a emergency call to Seasame Street then. Dang
Old 11-15-01, 04:24 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't feel bad, some @$$hole jacked all the emblems off my SC4. The sad thing is they did more damage to the car and emblems then they got away with . They ended up breaking all the emblems. I found "peices - parts" all over the ground near the car, so they didn't get the emblems, and they F-d up my car pretty bad with what appeared to be a flat head screw driver.

My sympathy and emapthy.

Keith
Old 11-15-01, 09:20 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dang man! i feel your pain. emblems get stolen all the time by my girls house , so i never take my car there. once i took my sister's honda and ALL her emblems got stolen. but lexus? i don't know why they're taking those. usually rice burners take hondas.
Old 11-15-01, 09:38 AM
amati5
Driver

The worst part of this is this kind of crime can be easily committed by a normal high school sturdent. They take it so lightly now a day. It's a fun thing for them.
Old 11-15-01, 10:36 AM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Can anyone answer Black SC's question? I am in the situation and need to know if the lion emblem will cover up the holes from the "L". Thanks, Adam
Old 11-15-01, 05:10 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i don't know about the griffin covering it up. i thought that piece was supposed to go in the front?
Old 11-15-01, 06:06 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally posted by do-luck sc
i don't know about the griffin covering it up. i thought that piece was supposed to go in the front?
The "beast", "Griffin" or monster does go in the front as Do-Luck stated..

Anyways the Toyota "T" is in the rear (where the "L" is on the SC)on the Soarer. Also the word S-O-A-R-E-R is where the model is "SC 300 or 400" is on our cars.
Old 11-15-01, 07:44 PM
pinoyentity
Rookie

can someone post a pic of how the "griffin" emblem looks like?
please
thanks
Old 11-15-01, 08:10 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

What I'm trying to ask is tha when I take the front "L" off my car to replace with the lion......will it leave holes visible or will the lion cover it up? Thanks, Adam
Old 11-15-01, 08:21 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

here's one pic...............

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All...s/ex01_xga.jpg

try this website. just wait for the intro/animation to be over, then it'll show.

http://www25.cds.ne.jp/~tsoc/index.htm

Last edited by abutler696; 11-15-01 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-15-01, 10:07 PM
black sc
Pole Position

Originally posted by abutler696
What I'm trying to ask is tha when I take the front "L" off my car to replace with the lion......will it leave holes visible or will the lion cover it up? Thanks, Adam
I guess I will have to Bondo the holes if they do reveal and paint it over. I am having my repainted anyways. I will try to get back to you on that, Adam. When, I order mine Soarer insignias.

Thanks guys for your responses. I guess i was a little shocked that people would take the Lexus symbols off and just wanted to vent off a little steam. I just never heard or even seen that before, only on Mercedes. Oh well, I hope my Soarer insignias don't get ripped off as well this time. Wishful thinking, I guess.
Old 11-16-01, 09:17 AM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If any of you guys have an "L" emblem from the front bumper that you are not going to be using becuase you are replacing yours, I would be interested in buying it. Pls let me know.
Thx
Old 11-16-01, 03:33 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

dont get so damn hostile towards high school students, although its most likely a kid like that who did it, 99% of my highschool acts like normal citizens. but theres always that 1 jealous *** ho who keys nice cars, or steals emblems. keep in mind that when you steal emblems off a car, its not theft, its vandalism, there is absolutley nothing (in almost all cases) that they are going to do with it, they just want to cause a ruckuss. I hate people like that just as much as you do, but no need to get so angry towards high school students.. How do you think the people at my school who get there cars keyed feel? exactly the same way that you do. (actually about two weeks ago I saw some kid who keyed another kids car get sent to the emergency room, broke his jaw, nose, and some other **** to - justice was served.)(did I mention he didnt even know the kid? he was keying it because it was a nice car, and he could never afford it) And I guarentee that kid isnt showing his friends, because he has no friends. I dont know anyone who likes a person who vandalizes other peoples **** just for the hell of it......

anyways what Im trying to say is that its not high school students, its 1 DAMN punkass highschool student, just dont think that all kids are like that.]

Scream 400 - I might have an extra emblem in a month or so, if I get the black chrome emblems Im planning on getting
Old 11-16-01, 03:42 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

whoa, breathe a little! Crap happens, but when you're mad, a lot of stuff comes out of the mouth. it's all good. Whoever stole the emblem is a loser anyhow. Happens all the time in CAli
Old 11-16-01, 05:44 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

yes, sorry if that came out bad, im a little drunk , didnt mean to sound so angry :P

Quick Reply: Btought to you by the Letter "L"