SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!!!, haha

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07, 05:48 AM
Ohio SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lexiss_sc400, what wheel are on your ex-sc400. What the hell is up with that!!! But seriously, I really like the wheels... 18's???
Old 02-01-07, 06:32 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

damn thats wild yo . at least its not the new baby good luck on finding it
Old 02-01-07, 07:01 AM
wanted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexiss_sc400
I see where your coming from and I don’t blame you, all my friends thought the same thing. But lets put it this way, what if I put up some sort of a fight or had gotten in the car with him... what if under that Raiders sweatshirt he had a gun, then where would I be.... ITS A CAR.... plain and simple... if I had been killed in a attempt to stop him from stealing a eight thousand dollar car what the hell would that have done. I do love my cars but I’m sorry if I think my own personal safety is more important, I have a very good life and family to think of. So should I sit here and cry about it?… you live and you learn….. move on… if you cant laugh about it then what good is it.
That statement is dead on. Keep up the good attitude.

Does it look like you are going to get anything back from insurance at this point?
Old 02-01-07, 07:25 AM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just by your description of the guy I would of been leery to let the guy anywhere near my car. Color has nothing to do with it, dirty nails does though. Hope you find your car in one piece and if not hopefully insurance will cover something.
Old 02-01-07, 07:45 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by ajayssc40093
Just by your description of the guy I would of been leery to let the guy anywhere near my car. Color has nothing to do with it, dirty nails does though. Hope you find your car in one piece and if not hopefully insurance will cover something.
Yea if he has body odor, he's not getting in my car.
Old 02-01-07, 09:12 AM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

I'm sure he didnt try to do insurance scam or whatever becuase with his car condition id say he can get $8000 cash easily with the right buyer. He doesnt have to go thru all these hassle andd the chance for insurance check might be less too.
Old 02-01-07, 09:21 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Everytime a friend of mine wants to buy or sell a car, me and a bunch of other friends are always there to watch the whole deal go down. Its like no matter where you live you have to have someone by your side just in case anything happens. Where did you post your car up for sale anyway? My guess is Craigslist.
Old 02-01-07, 09:24 AM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Wow sorry to hear about this. I'll be on the lookout in the valley for you. Do you still work at Fitness? I remember seeing your car there so much, sucks to see it go.

Guess I gotta be alot more careful driving my SC around now.
Old 02-01-07, 09:26 AM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
whoa! dude don't get so offensive. I didn't steal your ride. it seams as if you are more mad at me than the thief or the police for not finding this fool and I am on your side. You did show us your car(s) and you said if you see my SC rolling... let you know. Why not put a thief on blast... he stole you car! now you are saying you don't want to hurt his feelings? I just pray you are sincere. The ol' black guy did it is getting old. I wear baggy jeans on the weekends and other days off. I would hate to get cuffed because of my gear. Good Luck.

what was the point in you accusing him anyways???
did u just want to start something, i don't know how you would expect him to react to your statements after he just got his car stolen.

i don't blame him, i would be pissed at first, but then i would sit there for a few minutes and just start laughing after someone point's out the irony of the situation to me.

No point in crying over spilled milk, its not gonna clean itself up.

all he can do is hope for the best and not stay pissed about it because all that will do is have it effect all of the other aspects of his life like work and home life. i think that was out of place to accuse him is all i'm saying

Old 02-01-07, 09:51 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Sorry that happened to you man. I really hate hearing things like that. Recently i had my place broken into twice in a 3 month period. Needless to say i moved to a MUCH better neighborhood and home.

I do hope they retreive your vehicle unharmed or you are well compensated for it.

Peace
Old 02-01-07, 10:02 AM
play123boi
Pole Position

Believe it or not Black peeps aren't the only ones that steal cars, hell I'm black, wear stylish (not to baggy) clothes so does that make me steal cars? Or more prone to commit crimes na its just the person. I used to work at a prison and believe it or not some of the worst criminals in there were unassuming people that were not black. I don't really know about LA because I haven't been here as long as I was in Texas but I think the tone of this convo is moving somewhere it doesn't need to go.

Your attitude about your ride is right on point its just a car and not worth dying for. (but I would have never let some smelly fool sit in my ride and I don't care what color he/she is I would have a witness and never turn my back on anyone until the $ was in hand)

Anyways thats just my 2 cents 1dime and 3 quarters....
Old 02-01-07, 10:05 AM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

no one made any racist comments towards black people play123

someone said that a black guy tried to stand them up earlier, but it was only for the purpose of trying to profile the thief accurately and they said no offense in any way.

the guy in the situation just happened to be black, you can't leave that out of a profile for a thief simply to be politically correct.

i agree with you though, there are a lot of thieves out there you would not expect to see. but the chances of someone robbing you in a full business suit as opposed to some ripped up clothes that don't fit are not too high to be completely honest
Old 02-01-07, 10:14 AM
play123boi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lucky SC
no one made any racist comments towards black people play123

someone said that a black guy tried to stand them up earlier, but it was only for the purpose of trying to profile the thief accurately and they said no offense in any way.

the guy in the situation just happened to be black, you can't leave that out of a profile for a thief simply to be politically correct.

i agree with you though, there are a lot of thieves out there you would not expect to see. but the chances of someone robbing you in a full business suit as opposed to some ripped up clothes that don't fit are not too high to be completely honest
EXACTLY!!! You hit it right on the head. If some guy I don't care what race came came up inquiring about my ride smelling like BO and looking all dirty I would just tell him/her the car is no longer for sale! But if some guy in a business suit was still smelly (perhaps french) I would still be like DAMN you stink get outta my ride!! But like I said I am not from Cali but a lot of the black I have met here have not been thugs and criminals they have all been in entertainment or students.
Old 02-01-07, 10:18 AM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

Well, white or black or yellow or whatever the f***, concentrate all your energy into getting positive results for this guy. I dont have any people in LA to help but if I can, say the word. Youve got family and I envy your patience and humor towards this situation, I cant say Id be so timid, maybe one day Ill learn.
Old 02-01-07, 10:30 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you guys are right but, the suit wearing type would not want to drive my sc, this was a fixed up car and I knew the people who would be interested in it would be in the age range of 16-27 ish. No 40 year old would seriously want to buy a 95 lowered SC, and another well made point was that since I had been trying to sell the car for a few weeks I wanted it sold so I had my guard down and I really didn’t look at the situation the way that I would usually do. I and the guy was pretty kick back and relaxed the whole time, at no point was he nervous or jittery… so the clues when I think of them now might be obvious but at the time, I just thought ok this guy might dance to the beat of his own drum.

Quick Reply: YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!!!, haha