SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Are these cars the next "240sx" ??
YES
22.56%
NO
54.27%
ALMOST
23.17%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Are SC's / Soarer the next 240sx?

Old 12-01-06, 09:26 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had my SC roughly for about 5 years. I've only seen a couple spring up and know most of the modded SC owners througout San Diego 1 of which has a 1jz. I never see fixed up ones on the road. It could be the next 240sx but it doesn't really matter to me. Maybe if I started seeing like 20 fixed up SC's per week then yeah I would get rid of it because that would mean my car is the next target for 5 0 but that doesn't seem to be the case at the time being.

Last edited by Deceptik1; 12-01-06 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-01-06, 10:15 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to say... had to choose the almost option.

what's new?
Old 12-01-06, 11:31 PM
574-SC300
Pole Position

I have always wanted a SC but when you have chubaka pushing the car in Superstreet its hard not too. I don't think it will ever be just due to the cost, doesn't mean it will be used as a drift car and etc. I really don't care either way, its probably a good thing, more cheaper parts just like the 240.
Old 12-01-06, 11:55 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 574-SC300
I have always wanted a SC but when you have chubaka pushing the car in Superstreet its hard not too. I don't think it will ever be just due to the cost, doesn't mean it will be used as a drift car and etc. I really don't care either way, its probably a good thing, more cheaper parts just like the 240.
coming from a 240, it doesn't phase you.

I personally would not like to see body kits for 99.95 on Import Tuner magazine advertisements for the SC. That would be just SAD.
Old 12-02-06, 12:00 AM
574-SC300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
coming from a 240, it doesn't phase you.

I personally would not like to see body kits for 99.95 on Import Tuner magazine advertisements for the SC. That would be just SAD.

I don't mind, I owned a 240 before Honda were the popular thing. Its not a bad thing but I don't think it will get that bad. You will see most of the cheap parts will be BS, most of the educated 240 owner use the best parts. There is actually a small pics of my 240sx in one of the December issues of the Dsport magazine.
Old 12-02-06, 09:12 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

If you wreck them.......FIX them. Nothing worse then seeing someone front like their doin it big Drifting a Lexus, but cant afford to fix a fender after a wreck. If you're gonna do it....Do it right.

There are 2 types of people that own these cars. The ones who have a passion for their style and timeless design and those who see them as 'teh new Dori hotness'.

They look damn sexxxy slidin...but look like **** all busted up and treated like an S13.

Last edited by DriftGirl; 12-02-06 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-02-06, 09:20 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

see in a situation like this id have to say almost, one of the main reasons is because there just becoming so affordable... also i regret to hear what one of the members said on the 1st page- just because people would like to do an engine swap dosent mean there ricer, ive had my gs for a long while now and i dont think im ricer because i wanted to do a 2jz on my gs... or that im pretty interestded in sc's now and wouldnt mind a 1jz swap or 2jz....
Old 12-02-06, 10:03 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

Alrigh let me speak from expierience...... i went from a ae86 to a sc about 3 years ago. People say the cost of tuning a sc is expensive. Thats not true have you seen the after market following for sc300 and supra's its amazing. btw for the cost diffrence between the 240 and sc. i think you get what you pay for 1200 for a s13 or 4000 for a sc

the sc comes with every option a man should need stock and has great engineering for being a car designe in 1992.

So in conclusion i go to alot of tracks and meets all the 240 guys wanna switch over. you get abs tcs, run 5 lug and giant rims and have the ability to make our car 400 hp with no probs or run a 100 shot of nos no problem.

All i got to say is

TOYOTA BUILT TO LAST.
Old 12-02-06, 07:28 PM
Solarian
Driver School Candidate

It really depends what you mean. If by it becoming the next 240, you mean that the new owners are going to be clueless n00bs that want to buy every part from ebay/china, and have an awful looking, poorly running car, then yes. But that's not even a popularity issue, it's a price issue. As these cars become more affordable, they attract a different crowd. The kind that thinks it looks cool to shave your licence plate holder and then re-do it at a 45 degree angle.
On the other hand, there's a lot of 240SX owners that are building serious race cars, and in that aspect, I have to say no. The weight difference is huge, and the car has an inadequate weight balance. Performance-wise, it does not have the same potential, and it even costs more at that.
Old 12-02-06, 11:43 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sc dRifta
People say the cost of tuning a sc is expensive. Thats not true have you seen the after market following for sc300 and supra's its amazing.
Uhh...can we please exclude ebay knock off items like VIS kits and universal mufflers?

If what you really say is true, that the SC aftermarket is affordable, everyone could afford the nice things...but where are they? majority is GHETTO. Sorry to be so harsh but it's true and some people really need to step back and look at what they're doing.

K, rant = over.
Old 12-03-06, 08:55 AM
Petrol_Hed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Uhh...can we please exclude ebay knock off items like VIS kits and universal mufflers?

If what you really say is true, that the SC aftermarket is affordable, everyone could afford the nice things...but where are they? majority is GHETTO. Sorry to be so harsh but it's true and some people really need to step back and look at what they're doing.

K, rant = over.

+1
Old 12-03-06, 12:37 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alrigh let me speak from expierience...... i went from a ae86 to a sc about 3 years ago. People say the cost of tuning a sc is expensive. Thats not true have you seen the after market following for sc300 and supra's its amazing. btw for the cost diffrence between the 240 and sc. i think you get what you pay for 1200 for a s13 or 4000 for a sc

the sc comes with every option a man should need stock and has great engineering for being a car designe in 1992.

So in conclusion i go to alot of tracks and meets all the 240 guys wanna switch over. you get abs tcs, run 5 lug and giant rims and have the ability to make our car 400 hp with no probs or run a 100 shot of nos no problem.

All i got to say is

TOYOTA BUILT TO LAST.
I totally agree but the biggest problem I see with nissan owners switching toyota is your last line...."built to last" usually means more headaches when tuning and whatnot. Toyota is always being accused of overengineering....which isn't a bad thing IMO but alot of nissan tuners won't even touch Toyota. The trade off is the toyota parts last longer and don't need to be changed as often.
Old 12-04-06, 08:40 AM
Petrol_Hed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Emerald
If you wreck them.......FIX them. Nothing worse then seeing someone front like their doin it big Drifting a Lexus, but cant afford to fix a fender after a wreck. If you're gonna do it....Do it right.

There are 2 types of people that own these cars. The ones who have a passion for their style and timeless design and those who see them as 'teh new Dori hotness'.

They look damn sexxxy slidin...but look like **** all busted up and treated like an S13.

I would have to agree with you there Emerald.
Old 12-04-06, 10:58 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you get abs tcs, run 5 lug and giant rims and have the ability to make our car 400 hp with no probs or run a 100 shot of nos no problem.

Quick sidenote for all you F&F zombies.

Nitrous Oxide = In racing, nitrous oxide (often just "nitrous" in this context) is sometimes injected into the intake manifold (or prior to the intake manifold; some systems directly inject it into the cylinder) to increase power: even though the gas itself is not flammable, it delivers more oxygen than atmospheric air by breaking down at elevated temperatures, thus allowing the engine to burn more fuel and air. Additionally, since nitrous oxide is stored as a liquid, the evaporation of liquid nitrous oxide in the intake manifold causes a large drop in intake charge temperature. This results in a denser charge, and can reduce detonation, as well as increase power available to the engine.

NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) showed the world how to effectively harness the power of nitrous oxide for automotive use in the 1970's. Since then, NOS has powered more racers than any other brand of nitrous. When you're looking to go fast, rely on NOS to deliver the most power per dollar available. From stock engines to race vehicles, jet skis to trucks, NOS has a kit for you.

I beg of you people to PLEASE refrain from referring to nitrous as NOS.
Old 12-04-06, 11:00 AM
Solarian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mkorsu
I beg of you people to PLEASE refrain from referring to nitrous as NOS.
Man's right, we all know it's called NAWS anyway

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are SC's / Soarer the next 240sx?