SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My CCW wheel experience! (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-06, 03:18 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CCW wheel experience! (pics included)

For a while now, I have been in touch with Chip at CCW via email talking about what wheel/tire combo I want to go with for my lexus. We have been talking back and forth for over a year now and he has returned all my emails in a timely manner and never blew me off because I seemed like I was tirekicking. Well, last week, I finally made my decision and called him on the phone. The first words out of his mouth after I told him my name was, "its nice to finally put a name with a voice". So after talking with him on the phone for a while, I ordered my 19" SP500 wheels, 19x8.5 front and 19x11 rears. I was skeptical if the 11" rears would fit as my previous 19x10's rubbed a bit but he assured me they would.

After we hung up, I knew it was going to be worth the $2715 shipped for these wheels as I have always wanted this type of design. I actually had Iforged Aero's before for this car, but I never was able to put them on the car because I blew my mustang cobra's motor and needed to free up some cash so I had to part with them. But for the price of the iforged wheels alone, I could get the same quality wheel for a lot less with the ccw's, better customer service and boy was I ever right.

So a week comes around after I talked to Chip on the phone and Im curious as to when the wheels will ship. He said it would be 1-2 weeks. I sent Chip an email a week after my order and told him I didnt mean to be annoying but I asked him if he had a better idea of when the wheels would be shipped out? He said, "the wheels shipped, they say you should have them tomorrow".

So the next day, I go into work and there are the CCW boxes! I immediately take the work truck over to discount tire to have the tires mounted on the rims and then take my car over there to have them mounted. I was pleastly suprised how great these look on the car, the customer service from CCW and I will say one thing. This experience has definately turned me into a lifetime CCW customer. Most of you know I am planning to get into a viper GTS next and without a doubt, I will be getting CCW SP600's for it as soon as I decide on a car.

A big thanks goes out to CCW, especially Chip for the great product and customer service. This has been one of the best buying experiences I have encountered and I have bought a lot of things from multiple vendors.

I snapped these pics after we installed new brakes on my car and painted the calipers red to match the car. I am going with a 295 rear as the 275 rear I have on now is too stretched for my liking. I have the 275-30-19 bridgestone potenza s03's for sale for $250 in the classifieds. Now the car is at my detail shop getting washed, waxed, and the wheels coated to prevent damage/water spots, etc. So here are the first few pics, a lot more to come tomorrow after I get the car back from the detail shop!
UPDATE, tons more pics seen here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241870

Enjoy!

Last edited by svtdubs; 10-05-06 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-04-06, 03:31 PM
Hai_Nguyen
Pole Position

Those look great! I've only heard good things about ccw.
I can definately see the stretch in the rear, but those 295's should make it look much more meaty.
btw, i noticed you have the stub antenna, could you possibly snap a pic of it on the car straight behind? i just wanted to see how far it sticks off to the side..
Old 10-04-06, 03:34 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

only pic I have like that... maybe you can see it
Old 10-04-06, 03:35 PM
eskinol
Lead Lap

No matter what car you toss those rims on... they just look SO freaking GOOD! Congrats man. Nice liscense plate. Haha

-esk
Old 10-04-06, 03:47 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

how heavy are the wheels?
Old 10-04-06, 04:36 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

i have no idea
Old 10-04-06, 06:26 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna see more of that Viper!!
Old 10-04-06, 06:37 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

what are you coating the wheels with?

I see you dragged a Supra trend over here.
Old 10-04-06, 06:51 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

my local detail shop is going to coat them with some wax they use on this type of wheels. They do work for lamborghini chicago and fox valley motorcars so they are professionals and I trust them! I will get the car tomorrow morning and snap a bunch of pics to post!
Old 10-04-06, 09:09 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice wheels!, great lookin viper too, more pics! hehe
Old 10-04-06, 10:02 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you would recommend dealing with Chip huh???

Glad to know....I will be placing an order soon...

Great looking car dude
Old 10-04-06, 10:08 PM
acenase
Pole Position

Did you take the motor out for the antenna and just replaced it with that? Got a link? As I'd like to remove that long antenna as well.
Old 10-04-06, 11:08 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

CCWs are the ****, I am jealous
Old 10-04-06, 11:18 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so nice .. sigh
Old 10-05-06, 06:07 AM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by acenase
Did you take the motor out for the antenna and just replaced it with that? Got a link? As I'd like to remove that long antenna as well.

yes I took the motor out, but I ended up getting satellite radio a few days later which uses its own antenna on the dash so I may take the antenna off the car and have my local body shop cover/paint the hole for a clean look

Quick Reply: My CCW wheel experience! (pics included)