SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How many people have non working factory keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-13, 01:14 AM
JJPeds
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My problem resolved

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I'm about to dig deeper into the Sc wiring than we've seen in DIY's and need to know how many suffer problems with the factory keyless.

If you've replaced your battery and it still doesn't work, post here. This DIY will have a pictorial walking you through the proper checkpoints, wires, and items to check. Where to probe for voltage, WHAT to probe for voltage, resistance, etc.....

This is a really big task, so I need to know how many people need it. When I am done with the DIY, you will be able to diagnose and fix your keyless system in about 30 minutes.

The DIY will include pics, writeup, explanations, measurements of resistance, voltage, circuits, and anything else related to the keyless system.

Post here if your keyless is on the fritz.
After several months of dysfunction, outside investigation discovered a pirate radio station in the area. That station was broadcasting on a frequency that was interfering with Lexus keys in the neighborhood. Once it was shut down, the keys once again worked. I will provide further details on request.

Jjpeds
Old 08-26-13, 12:43 PM
DaBunny
Driver School Candidate

Works intermittently. Would love to see your solution.

1993 SC300
Manual Transmission

Last edited by DaBunny; 08-26-13 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-20-13, 03:37 PM
msgs430
Driver School Candidate

Default Factory keyless

I just noticed that there is no flashing lights or sound when I set the alarm. When unlocking , it still flashes and chirps?
Old 04-11-14, 12:35 AM
ThatSCguy
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Bump. will try this asap!!!
Old 04-11-14, 01:03 AM
ThatSCguy
Rookie

I see a crack around the solder but its still intact so should i solder that ?
[IMG][/IMG]

on the other hand when i looked under the chip.
Does that mean i need to solder that or both?
Old 04-11-14, 11:47 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatSCguy
I see a crack around the solder but its still intact so should i solder that ?
[IMG][/IMG]

on the other hand when i looked under the chip.
Does that mean i need to solder that or both?
I reflowed the joint in your first picture + new battery it has been working well.
to be precise I used a suction tool to remove old solder and redo it.
Old 04-13-14, 02:08 PM
ThatSCguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC3coupe
I reflowed the joint in your first picture + new battery it has been working well.
to be precise I used a suction tool to remove old solder and redo it.
Awesome I'll try that out. I've never soldered anything whatsoever in my life so I'm gonna go purchase one. By suction tool what do you mean exactly when you removed the old solder? Did you somehow melt the old solder and sucked it up with the suction tool? thanks for the quick response btw
Old 04-15-14, 06:25 PM
skipilot9
Driver School Candidate

Myremote key/keyless entry system was working great on my RX300 until yesterday. While replacing an actuator motor in the passenger door locking/unlocking system, the alarm system went off briefly until I put the key back into the ignition. Now the remote unlocking system does not work. It also does not work with my spare key which has a fresh battery. Any idea how to diagnose what is broken and what is required for repair?
Old 04-15-14, 10:52 PM
Oliivezj27
Driver School Candidate

I removed my driver's side panel while working on a broken actuator and unplugged the electrical wiring while the battery was still on (which I should have not had) and left it unplugged for more than an hour. Now my key wont work to unlock or lock the car. Trunk button was working fine but now has stop working as well. Really need help on getting it to work again, key comes in great use !!! Hate having to manually lock and open the car
Old 07-09-14, 10:35 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad that I've attempted to solder the connecting points despite the fact that they looked like they were still intact. This walk through fixed the loss of range and reliability issue like a charm!

Thanks again, OLT for an awesome DIY write up!

I'm enjoying much longer range (~20ft) compared to before (~5ft).

PS - On a side note, I've found what looks to be a production date inside the remote. My SC's birthday is 3.17.1995!?

Old 07-14-14, 03:41 PM
skipilot9
Driver School Candidate

I have a RX-300. My keyless entry quit working after a completely dead battery. battery in keys OK. It will be great when you post instructions for diagnosos and repair!!
Old 07-14-14, 03:43 PM
skipilot9
Driver School Candidate

This is approximatley what happened to me. My remote key quit working after completing repair replacement of the right front door lock actuator motor.
Old 08-01-16, 04:16 PM
JRC300
Driver School Candidate

I have no idea what to do. When i bought my 92 sc300 the owner just had the valet key, and in so I bought two remote keys got them cut to the car later to find out that the ROM chip is basically married to the original factory keys. Does anybody have any suggestions on how i should proceed?
Old 08-01-16, 07:31 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JRC300
I have no idea what to do. When i bought my 92 sc300 the owner just had the valet key, and in so I bought two remote keys got them cut to the car later to find out that the ROM chip is basically married to the original factory keys. Does anybody have any suggestions on how i should proceed?
You should have them get a remote picked out based on the chip on the security ECU.
In the past.. Sewell sell a remote keys set and come with a chip you plug into the security ECU

Does 92 even have remote entry?
Old 01-26-18, 04:39 PM
MadlyMad
Driver School Candidate

I have a '95 Lexus SC 400 and the keyless entry problem is that it SOMETIMES works. Sometimes it works in my garage and sometimes not. Sometimes it works at destinations and sometimes not. It works from about 3-4 ft when it does work. It doesn't seem to be a battery problem, but then maybe it is. What do you think?

Quick Reply: How many people have non working factory keyless entry?