SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How many people have non working factory keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-09, 02:01 PM
nfordhk
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my keyless entry problem is only for my driver side. It unlocks my passenger. Also the switch on the inside if I press unlock it only locks and unlocks my passenger side.

Whats my problems?
Old 09-07-09, 03:43 PM
Lexscme
Pole Position

mine works now and then i usually lock the car manually. But i plan on changing the alarm out for a 2way pager.
Old 09-27-09, 03:18 PM
Ram169
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy alarm

Originally Posted by Lexscme
mine works now and then i usually lock the car manually. But i plan on changing the alarm out for a 2way pager.

mine never worked on my 92 I am also doing the 2way pager alarm sometime this week, but first i have another problem. I removed the receiver from the rear side panel and turned the remote switch off by the underdash and removed the battery from the key, once in a while the alarm would just go off on its own, any clue whats the problem? its not from any cut wires by the front driverside wheelwell I moved the higher so I cant see what it would be, anyone?
Old 09-27-09, 04:45 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by nfordhk
Well my keyless entry problem is only for my driver side. It unlocks my passenger. Also the switch on the inside if I press unlock it only locks and unlocks my passenger side.

Whats my problems?
The power lock on the drivers door is bad?
Old 09-28-09, 01:41 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive tried everything even the caveman theroy(bang it a couple of times) daymm thing still doesnt work please make this DIY a sticky because my drivers side key entry doesnt lock my doors and key doesnt fit in passenger side at all
Old 09-30-09, 08:51 AM
MGa
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question -97 model SC400

I have a -97 model that has a separate remote that is not working.
Any ideas for this ?
I tried changing battery and even took it to an electrician who checked all the soldering was good.
Do I just have to byu a new remote and how do I reprogram it to work on my SC ?
Old 11-16-10, 03:52 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My key doesnt apparently have the capability for me to look at where the key is soldered... whats the deal?

EDIT... nevermind. I figured it out.
Old 11-17-10, 03:13 AM
MGa
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FOB working again

Originally Posted by MGa
I have a -97 model that has a separate remote that is not working.
Any ideas for this ?
I tried changing battery and even took it to an electrician who checked all the soldering was good.
Do I just have to byu a new remote and how do I reprogram it to work on my SC ?
Just to update I got a spare used FOB from Ebay and the programming instructions.
I also got the FOB that came with the car working! =)
Just needed to be programmed, now I got 2 working FOB's
Old 01-26-11, 01:21 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to bump old thread. Heres my situation, both of my keys stopped working together. I replaced both batteries and still nothing. I did insert the key like stated above and with BOTH keys, I hear radio silence, NO beep, chirp, or noise. Just silences the radio station.
Went to the junkyard and got a new ECU, same part number out of another 92 SC400. Swapped the chips and still nothing. Called the local Lexus dealer and they told me that if that didnt fix it, I had to replace both keys. I just bought these last year and paid $440 with the new chip receiver. Now I am clueless on what my options are. I have tried all above listings and still nothing.
I find it odd that both keys stop working together. Thats the reason for this bump and maybe some new insight on this. I just want my doors unlcock/lock to work. OLT please chime in if found any more ideas or problems that I can check. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-11, 11:41 PM
FurySC400
Rookie

I came across this thread, since my keyless entry hasn't been working properly for a couple of years after replacing the battery. It worked initially after getting a fresh battery but then stopped working shortly after, and I just finally came across this thread for some fix ideas.

I first tried the radio test (FM 94.9), which triggered a response on the radio unit, confirming a good battery and a working transmitter.

Next step was to check the keyless entry ON/OFF switch underneath the steering wheel. I think this may be the problem. Pushing the ON/OFF switch in either the ON or OFF direction gives mild, mushy resistance, but neither position clicks and holds. I'm guessing this is a sign of a faulty switch, perhaps. Can anyone confirm? And if so, is there some sort of fix for this switch (i.e. directions for removing the panel and fixing/replacing the switch)? I did a search for keyless entry switch fixes but came up blank.

(Keeping my fingers crossed that there's still some life to this thread, as it seems like it's been dormant for almost a year now.)

Thanks!
-Randy
Old 11-25-11, 11:02 AM
Tmillar07
Driver School Candidate

Default Farthest from factory

Acquired the car from my stripper roommate when she lost the key... Bought it for a hundred bucks. Figured, why start with paying for a locksmith or dealership to cut a new key at more than what I paid for the car? Started researching diagrams, etc for the ignition wiring, and needed to have it moved out of the garage. thankfully the 92's didnt have any type of chipped keys or anything complicated like that, You can get away with pulling the ignition switch itself right off the back of the lock cylinder and starting it with a flat head screwdriver. Started there; ended up removing the factory ignition lock cylinder, the factory ignition switch, factory wireless receiver ecu, and a few other related items. Currently the car starts by means of a custom relay setup linked to a 4 channel wireless receiver setup. I've been playing with the thoughts of securing it and integrating to the factory starter kill sw, by means of RFID, bluetooth or something along those lines. Any suggestions? Also since factory lock cylinder is gone, steering wheel can move freely at all times... has anybody tried anything along these lines? i was thinking of a custom solenoid type deal to lock the column when vehicle was parked, etc. Forgot to add that the factory alarm system is still intact... if i lock the doors with the custom wireless remote, the system arms, if i try to start the car with the system armed, alarm goes off and ignition wont turn, is there any way to remove the factory alarm ecu itself, and have the car still work? seems the couple times i tried, the car was completely disabled. i have all factory wiring diagrams, etc... i also have searched the forums for something related... is anybody else interested or completed this type of setup? sorry if this is in the wrong place. just joined CL today, but have been a long time reader/browser.
Old 11-26-11, 01:32 AM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm since ur car doesnt have the chipped key feature why dont u install a quick push start button in place of the key cylinder. i seen them on ebay for $26 or so.

id leave the ignition lock cylinder n switch and install the button somewhere else (im mounting mine in place of volume button).
Old 11-26-11, 04:51 AM
Tmillar07
Driver School Candidate

because i already ripped the lock cyl + switch out, don't want to install a button, think it is too ricey. besides, if you cant see any way to start it, less chance of it being stolen. it currently starts only by custom wireless remote or by my android phone via bluetooth. thinking of upgrading to GSM so i can even start it from the opposite side of town.
Old 11-26-11, 05:39 AM
CleanSC3
Driver School Candidate

Mine still works and has good range.
Old 04-12-12, 09:05 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

Unhappy

+1 (NON WORKING)

Finally after waiting 2 years to get another button for my 93 sc300 I have NO luck with the wireless entry =( I bought another battery for the remote but no response. All fuses are good and the power locks work. The switch under the colum is "ON". I'm going to take the back transmiter out tomorrow to test it . If that does work then I guess I need that chip your were looking at on the previous page. This is a tricky problem here! I dont wanna take the remote to lexus and have them program it only to tell me it doesnt work. Then i have to figure out if a wire is loose under the dash connecting the On and Off switch or the switch it self is bad? If those are all good then what if the previuos owner got the key wet and the chip inside it is fried?? Like there are so many damn situations here!! any help or info would be cool! Do I get a new master key to try to have it programed to the system only to findout it doesnt work is gonna suck lol

One last thing heading into tomorrow.. Is there a hole on the Transmitter that I put the key into and push the button on the key while the doors are closed to test out the button and transmiter I dont think I can do the radio test cause my HU is aftermarket

Last edited by Devor; 04-12-12 at 09:09 PM.

Quick Reply: How many people have non working factory keyless entry?