View Poll Results: YOUR sc goals?
speeeeeeeed!
18.91%
classy beauty like Lexus intended
35.49%
I have a goal of both moreso than just 2 upgrades each
45.60%
Voters: 772. You may not vote on this poll

Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 08:07 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?

Let's see who is here for the luxury and who is here for the juice. I will heavily moderate this thread if any disputes come to a head. We have to respect each others choices and I know both camps are stiff on their choice of speed or beauty.

There are VERY few Sc's that cross both lines, like gadgetsc's perfectly luxurious SC, that has plenty to back it up. Keep that in mind when deciding and don't say "I like both for my SC" when you have an intake and a set of lowering springs .

I'll start out..... I'm here for the luxury. I love the Lexus way and I stick to traditionalism in the respect that I try and make it stay as clean as possible while getting nicer. Nice enough to sit on a showroom floor and not look like it went too far for the average buyer.

I want to see how our forum is coming along with the participants. If your car is set up more for speed with a body kit, hard core upgrades on the suspension, engine, and overall drive line....... you know where you belong in the vote. If your SC has more aesthetic upgrades, you know where you belong in the poll.

Example: I did a full upgrade to the 2000 bodystyle and a fresh repaint with wheels. I'll add some suspension and be done. I voted for #2.

Let's see who is out there!

Last edited by O. L. T.; 06-10-06 at 08:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rkscustoms (03-21-24)
Old 06-10-06, 08:12 PM
eHIGH
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first car that isn't all about speed. I like the feeling of driving a nice car that isnt a slug. So, i guess my priority is luxury. I like to maintain the stock look of the car, well increasing the proformance, but if it means sacrificing luxury features its a no go
Old 06-10-06, 08:16 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Well I am a broke *** college student who spends every spare penny on his Lexo, which basically doesn't amount to any cash flow significant enough for juice.

I like the way my Lex is dressed, suspension, wheels, exhaust and my car looks completely unlike any other car out there on the road and I am very happy at this stage with where the SC is at. So for now, I voted #2 as I am more interested in keeping the car tamed/running in great condition and styling until I can actually afford (time and money) to give it some *****.
Old 06-10-06, 08:43 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Default Luxury

My intension is to restore my SC400 to it's full luxury potential. First I would like to restore the suspension back to as new standards. Next would probably be the interior, with new leather, repair the couple of cracked, or broken trim pieces, and of course, upgrade the cluster, and climate control lighting. After that would be an upgraded exhaust and intake system, probably just a cat back and the BFI, to get her breathing nice. Last, but not least would be to upgrade to the "97 body kit , paint, and new rims and tires. Then maybe.......................... who knows what.
I did vote for # 3 because ultimately nothing would make me happier for my SC400, than to have both Luxury & Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SC400DAVE; 06-10-06 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 08:45 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
My intension is to restore my SC400 to it's full luxury potential. I plan on 1, restoring the ride by putting in a full set of the Vlamos bushings, new strut assembly's, to get the suspension back up to new standards. Next would probably be the interior, with new leather, repair the couple of cracked, or brocken trim pieces, and of course, upgrade the cluster, and climate control lighting. After that would be an upgraded exhaust and intake system, probably just a cat back and the BFI, to get her breathing nice. Last, but not least would be to upgrade to the "97 body kit , paint, and new rims and tires. Then maybe.......................... who knows what.
What he said
Old 06-10-06, 09:20 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

When i first started the search for my sc, i wanted to get a body kit and big racing style wheels. Since i found my 97, i don't need a body kit or any exterior modifications other than wheels. I'm just confused on what to get. Only time will tell, if i get wheels than that will lead on to suspension. I do want to get 1jz swap done for sure. I think you can still keep it classy with a jdm engine.

-hass
Old 06-10-06, 09:47 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

My goal now is to sell my SC300 and find a low mile 1999-2000 SC400. And drive it!!!

I wish I could dump all the money in the world into my car, but my boat takes priority now!
Old 06-10-06, 09:50 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

I got wheels before I went for speed, biggest mistake I made and I regret it. Sure the car looks better but it does nothing besides that. I am using TT rims now, I don't even use the 19's I bought for the car because they are a pain, I have to watch out for potholes wherever I go.

No point in all show if you got no go. You don't want economy boxes like the new civic si taking you out now do you? =)
Old 06-10-06, 09:58 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

a bit of both for me, as of the moment, i'm making a once a month track/drift sc so far, but eventually i'll have a classy looking car, looking to get the auto couture kit after i get my gte and LSD
Old 06-10-06, 10:13 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My goal was to build a balanced car.
The following users liked this post:
Barbary (03-15-24)
Old 06-10-06, 10:21 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Emerald
My goal was to build a balanced car.
....and that you did, well. However there is a reason why the car was in FF3....... It's an agressive car, a very sporty car and a very unluxury like car. I think we don't need to cross "nice" with "luxury" when we vote.

Would I say yours is nice? Of course. Clean? I think so personally. Resembles a luxury car? Na.... it's waaaaay over the fence to the sport side. I think that is more my point to the thread is separating the body kits and turbos from the 97+ kits and light modding.

That's exactly why I didn't want to make a third option for the poll, but decided to anyway. I think a lot of people will confuse "clean or nice" with luxury.
Old 06-10-06, 11:08 PM
Pepsiguru
Driver School Candidate

Ive owned a 637 rwhp MKIV, a 555 awhp R33 Skyline. . .

Its time to just lean back and enjoy the ride. Besides, here in Cali ( I was from the New York / New Jersey area ) there is no room to speed or really play unless you go out to the desert or something. So I have to go with comfert for a change.

The Automatic is nice for a change, especially with this horrid traffic.

Old 06-10-06, 11:11 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

I'd like to acheive both speed and luxury...
I've almost achieved the speed department, my goal is 500 rwhp. On luxury department, it looks ok now, currently im waiting for the bodykit from Japan and replace my Z Gettins for Work ls then will see how it look.
Old 06-11-06, 12:40 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Both

I am building both...

Ryan
Old 06-11-06, 12:55 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My goal was to build a high horsepower monster that had the look of clean aggression to compliment it.

Quick Reply: Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?