View Poll Results: YOUR sc goals?
speeeeeeeed!
18.91%
classy beauty like Lexus intended
35.49%
I have a goal of both moreso than just 2 upgrades each
45.60%
Voters: 772. You may not vote on this poll

Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 08:06 AM
JoshFSM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i voted 3.

Although, the car is done, so my goals have been met already. Ive applied some of the finest parts in the game, coupled with things that cant even be bought , and put them into the perfect chassis. At least I think so ...
Old 12-09-06, 11:08 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want my SC400 to go fast. While I do not want to destroy the integrity of the luxury of the car, I do want to bring the performance into a more modern era. I am bone stock right now, but I plan on being far from stock by this point next year.

Current wishlist:
(1) Dragon TC
(2) TRD LSD
(3) BFI
(4) Headers
(5) High flow cats and muffs

That is my current 2007 project for the 96 SC400 I have owned for all of two months. Once the SC becomes a truly secondary car for me, I will supercharge it and start to really have some fun. Until then, I am going to milk the NA stock internals for all they are worth.
Old 12-11-06, 12:24 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

I always go inbetween the two, I have had full show cars in the past, and full race cars, but with my SC my goal is to look fairly stock but smoke supercars when it comes to handling/acceleration

And because a lot of my amigos ride sport bikes, my car has to be able to beat a 600 on the freeway. I should see those results come spring
Old 12-17-06, 03:46 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well since i the only black kid in the city of milwaukee in to imports ill say im gonna Vip this car i wanted to take the v8 in favor of a na-t swap. but i just dont have the money and no 1 has a spare ge laying around so all i ave on the car now is a mine's stb and a apex intake. most of the kids that have there sc up here sell dope i bought mine cause it was a fixable p.o.s. on a target sallery. but look for me the summer time cause im only going for 20" rims lowerd and full custom ehxust . nothing to fancey thats y i got a supra to street race but im getting older. (i am 21) and i just wanna ride slow some days and chill with some females
Old 04-16-07, 08:43 PM
onejayzee
Rookie

class and a little speed to compliment it. but more class. lol
Old 04-16-07, 11:56 PM
rhetty95sc
Driver School Candidate

Luxury, I am not changing anything... I am done modding cars!
Played that game for close to 20 yrs with mustangs, (easy to do) looking at my SC it seems almost impossible to do anything without a ton of BS and about 10hrs of cursing...
I bought the SC because I wanted a more refined ride and that is what the car is, honestly I had no idea of the tuner potential of these cars,
I have raced allot of inports at Englishtown but I cannot recall ever going up against a SC, hell any lexus....
Had no idea people ran them, honestly thought they were kidding...
Have to say it is pretty cool to see guys doing it.

Wheels and stock times in the 15,s with a 5 speed is fine with me..
If I want fast I can just jump on my bike.....

I wanted a luxury car and that is how it will stay.....
Old 04-17-07, 08:57 AM
Tri0 #3
Rookie

Im trying to keep the lex with some juice and VIP. I read in a magazine before that a new trend is coming out called lux. Most cars are kept VIP look on the outside but on interior wise and suspension wise it's more about juice. So i want to keep my car LUX!
Old 04-17-07, 10:21 AM
boostedny
Pole Position

I looking to keep it classy..jsut keep the stock look then toss ina GTE for good measure..and do minor upgrades to it...nothing crazy
Old 04-17-07, 01:23 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i plan for my sc to be a best of show trailer queen eventually
Old 04-17-07, 03:59 PM
LEXtaSC400
Driver

I'm going for more luxury. Not all girls dig the "street racer" lifestyle, but they all love feeling luxurious... Plus, I don't have much money and to spend money on engine mods = money on speeding tickets unless you never get caught or only race on tracks. Just my 2 cents...
Old 04-18-07, 05:36 AM
Supreme94'
Driver School Candidate

personally i just want my lexus sc to look classy and respectable aswell as something everyone can like. i want every generation to be able to say that car is nice, from high school students to senior citizens.
Old 04-18-07, 09:27 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

All luxury this time...
Old 04-23-07, 09:45 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

im planning on a 1jz swap this summer, once that is done i'll be looking for about 350-400rwhp and thats it. the rest is going to make the car nicer than it is already (Navigation/DVD, better sound, maybe 97+ upgrade). i really dont want to get rid of any luxury aspects of the car.
Old 04-23-07, 10:10 AM
MattSEG
Driver

I see it as a classicly styled, and rather plush car that is a great platform for power. So another vote to aim for not sacrificing the luxury to make something quick.... well, as soon as I buy one.
Old 04-23-07, 12:41 PM
strongsail
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rhetty95sc
If I want fast I can just jump on my bike..... .....
I had a 93 SC4 for 5 years and did TT brakes and rims, and that was it. Now I have a 99, and it remains to be seen if I like the brakes. I have read that the front brakes were upgraded on the 98-00 cars, so they may be OK. I loved the way the 93 handled, but I was disappointed in the increased harshness of the ride. Not really rough, but just a bit too firm on the 45-series tires. I know, many here run shorter tires than that, but on Seattle's notorious broken concrete streets it's just not "luxury" to be jarred by every bump. Also, even with the TT rims that preserved stock offset, the added width of the front tires made the 93 much more sensitive to our rutted freeway pavement here. The car was just too "twitchy" on worn road surfaces.

So, I imagine this new 99 SC4 will stay pretty much stock. Gotta upgrade that anemic subwoofer that came with the Nak system, though, just like in the 93...

And if I wanna get a face full of thrills, I will jump on the Moto Guzzi or the Honda ST1300

Quick Reply: Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?