SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Why so many SC3 5Spd's goin up for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 10:44 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why so many SC3 5Spd's goin up for sale?

I've noticed that a lot of guys are getting rid of there cars. I wonder what it is? But of course my luck a month from closing on my new house and I can't purchase one right now. I hate Life. Anyone wanna chime in on why you're getting rid of your ride?
Old 05-04-06, 10:46 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

because they don't have the heart fot it and see the price and demand is going up!
Old 05-05-06, 12:21 AM
dough boi
Pole Position

I recently sold mine, about a month ago to another forum member. I have a SC400, fell in love with it and decided I wanted to buy a SC to mod, so I picked up a SC3 5spd, was planning on a NA-T, swapped the motor (193k) to a low mileage motor (80k). Then I decided this wasn't what I wanted to build... well it was, would have been an awesome car, just it wasn't so much what I was looking for, going from a 2500lbs turbo RX-7 to a 3500lbs Lexus really started getting to me. I like lighter more nimble good handling cars, an it really just wasn't what I wanted to drop all of my money into, and being a college student I don't have all that much money anyways. So I sold my SC3 in favor of a E36 BMW, still have the SC4, though I don't drive it too often, sister takes it because she doesn't have a car, and goes to school about 70 miles away. I take the SC4 maybe 5-10 days of the month, still do love the car, just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Definately do miss my SC300, but the E36 just suits me better.
Old 05-05-06, 06:42 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i am currently selling mine because i need the money to invest, then i will be back in about a year or so.
Old 05-05-06, 06:50 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Yea i see a lot of them going up. I thought about selling mine too I want a LS or Q45 to do VIP style. But I'll keep the SC for now.
Old 05-05-06, 07:48 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

yea i bought the car from doughboi, good to see you back on here minh. yea minh is right about the weight difference between the FC and SC. im already looking into getting something else in a few months. i guess with this drifting craze people would rather pay good money for a stick SC than a S14.
Old 05-05-06, 03:51 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

I miss how fast and fun my FD was, but I don't miss the hassel. The SC3 is a hassel free car and im not as paronied about it.
Old 05-05-06, 05:12 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

I need to get a truck.
Old 05-06-06, 01:25 AM
dough boi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by onebadshot
I miss how fast and fun my FD was, but I don't miss the hassel. The SC3 is a hassel free car and im not as paronied about it.
So true! I loved burning Evo's and STI's in my 1988 RX-7 , but I don't think I ever had that car running 100% perfect, always something wrong with it, whether it was something major, or extremely minor . Most fun though, was with the V8 guys, they had no idea what the hell a rotary was . I had a mustang guy pull into a gas station after we ran, and he asked me what the hell do you have in that thing? He popped the hood and said to himself, "That's the weirdest looking 4-banger I've ever seen in my life", I just about died laughing when I heard that!!

Back on topic, I originally bought the SC3 for the reliability, run a near stock 1JZ, or a very mild NA-T, and have my RX-7 as the beast. Then I just couldn't afford to have that many cars, sold the RX-7 because it really was a handful. SC3 was a nice car, had awesome looks, and got good mileage (22-25 city) compared to the RX-7, I couldn't get that kind of mileage in my RX-7 with tail wind, going downhill, with my engine off!!! Just turned out it really wasn't the car for me, I would like to eventually get another one, build it for NA-T, but as for now, can't afford to, I really love my E36 though, it's been good to me, handles great, gets better mileage than my SC did, and is decently reliable.

-Minh

Last edited by dough boi; 05-06-06 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-07-06, 02:33 PM
san da
Rookie

Sorry dude... handling can always be adjusted to the drivers expectations (On drivers budget of course). A lexus is definately better than a BMW. Life is longer... Sound quality is better... Performance mods aren't as pricey and more brands to choose from. But I do have to admit, BMW's do handle nice. But why not a is300? I don't know... I'm just a Proud Lexus Man.

Chris
Old 05-07-06, 02:49 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterSC
I've noticed that a lot of guys are getting rid of there cars. I wonder what it is? But of course my luck a month from closing on my new house and I can't purchase one right now. I hate Life. Anyone wanna chime in on why you're getting rid of your ride?
Because all the supra converts who didn't wanna spend the jack on a supra and the ricers that came over from various places when they heard "it's like a supra dude" are moving on.
This leaves Lexus SC enthusiasts back to where they were a yr or two ago before the invasion. This will cut down on the "OMG I got an SC what do I need to turbo it!!111" threads a bit.

Good or bad, you decide. My opinion is that the SC will get a little bit of class back and we'll see some tasteful mods.
Old 05-07-06, 02:57 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Good or bad, you decide. My opinion is that the SC will get a little bit of class back and we'll see some tasteful mods.

Wouldn't that be nice to see.
Old 05-08-06, 07:50 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to sell my car very soon too... reasons? We have talked about it in prior threads.
Old 05-08-06, 08:41 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

^ stay a little to see what happens Geoff.
Old 05-08-06, 08:49 AM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, it is very strange. Im thinking of selling the SC myself, even though its an auto. Im pretty torn between Dropping a 1JZ/Manual into the SC, selling the SC and getting a 2nd gen GS, or getting a civic hybrid.

Quick Reply: Why so many SC3 5Spd's goin up for sale?