SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SEATS (Interior)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 03:31 AM
page2two
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEATS (Interior)

What about a supra swap? Change the driver and passanger seats to the SUPRA leathers, or even custome buckets, or keep the original?
Old 04-25-06, 04:34 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

do a search in the SC forum for "supra seats" So many people have done it.

ex: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=supra+seats

IMHO, these seats aren't "classy" enough to fit in the interior of the SC. They look out of place because the lines in the seats are too much for the finesse of our interior.
Old 04-25-06, 04:42 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

There is a Spruce SC400 for sale in the classifieds here on CL that has Suprs seats in it. Let me see if I can find the link.
Old 04-25-06, 04:45 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

Here you go. About half way down the page there are some pics of the seats in the car.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=spruce
Old 04-25-06, 06:48 AM
TeamDX
Driver

Originally Posted by NYLexSC

IMHO, these seats aren't "classy" enough to fit in the interior of the SC. They look out of place because the lines in the seats are too much for the finesse of our interior.
IMO, the stock seats remind me of seats you'd find in a caprice. Nothing fits the SCs interior more then the supra seats IMO. For a supra, the stock seats dont fit it and you need nice sparco seats to make it all look right. But on the SC, they're perfect. I have grey supra leather seats in my SC with grey interior. Looks amazing.
Old 04-25-06, 07:33 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TeamDX
IMO, the stock seats remind me of seats you'd find in a caprice. Nothing fits the SCs interior more then the supra seats IMO. For a supra, the stock seats dont fit it and you need nice sparco seats to make it all look right. But on the SC, they're perfect. I have grey supra leather seats in my SC with grey interior. Looks amazing.
I really like the simplicity that is in the SC seats. IMO, it flows great with the interior. My only gripe is that our SC seats aren't as comfy as the Supra buckets
Old 04-25-06, 07:38 AM
Twirl
Pole Position

I really like the simplicity that is in the SC seats. IMO, it flows great with the interior. My only gripe is that our SC seats aren't as comfy as the Supra buckets
Now if only they were like a slip and slide when trying to drive. Nice buckets are essential imho
Old 04-25-06, 08:46 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

I love my supra seats
Old 04-25-06, 08:47 AM
jb86
Rookie

Originally Posted by BiZ
Here you go. About half way down the page there are some pics of the seats in the car.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=spruce
i test drove that car about a month ago, almost bought it, the supra seats are more supportive imo, black or grey looks good, but the tan just seems a little off when it's done with a tan sc
Old 04-25-06, 06:12 PM
page2two
Driver School Candidate

Dude all I was asking which one would someone preffer......Not saying that I did not know where the post was, I just wanted to get some new opinions.
Old 04-25-06, 06:16 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by page2two
Dude all I was asking which one would someone preffer......Not saying that I did not know where the post was, I just wanted to get some new opinions.
Stop defending yourself, there has been threads in the past where forum members gave their opinions on the Supra seats vs the factory SC seats.
Old 04-25-06, 06:23 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

I looked into that Supra seat swap before I puchased my new leather replacement seat covers for my stock SC400.. The weight difference between the stock sc400 and Supra seats is noticeable being that the Supra seats are lighter in weight. The problem is matching the interior colors, just doesn't work out.....Aleast on my car (Tan) it won't.. If you have an Sc400 with black interior to begin with then you may be able to pull it off... The Supra seats in my opinion are superior then the sc400 seats....and just about everything else on the Supra TT's as well..... Other supra upgrades that work with the SC400 that I am aware of are-

Suspension
Brakes
Front lower control arms

Etc...Etc....
Old 04-25-06, 09:23 PM
jacques
Pole Position

Anyone know how to get that fasten seat belt light off the dash when supra seats are installed. Are there wires I need to connect or should I just pull the bulb?
Old 04-25-06, 09:32 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by jacques
Anyone know how to get that fasten seat belt light off the dash when supra seats are installed. Are there wires I need to connect or should I just pull the bulb?
that bulb has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, pull it and crush it.
Old 04-25-06, 09:35 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

ORIGINAL POST:

What about a supra swap? Change the driver and passanger seats to the SUPRA leathers, or even custome buckets, or keep the original?
Nowhere in this post did you specify whether you wanted opinions, or if you wanted to know if it was possible, or if you just made an observation or what. In fact, you saying "what about a supra swap?" suggests that you are unsure if it is possible. But then you asked if that would be better than OEM or not, implying that you wanted an opinion. So I gave you both, where is the problem here?

If you knew what it looked like and knew that there were pictures of it somewhere, you would know that opinions follow in every thread that has pictures posted in it.

Sorry though, its just with all the newbs lately I didn't know if you hadn't figured out the search button or what. So I gave you a polite tip to use the search, and even provided a link that I spent the time searching for.

Also, your sig is still not following CL guidelines despite O.L.T.'s multiple attempts to get you to fix it.

Last edited by np20412; 04-25-06 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: SEATS (Interior)