SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's? halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-06, 03:18 AM
griffinrun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's? halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

JUST WONDERING WHAT HEADLIGHT UPGRADES THERE ARE...JUST SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT...NOT JUST" POLISH THE LINES OUT OF IT" OR "FIX THE LEAKS"..........ANYBODY?
Old 03-03-06, 04:44 AM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search. Another thing stop typing in all caps.
Old 03-03-06, 05:13 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

I just stuck a set of Sylvania's Silverstars in....way better than stock.
Going to do it to my MDX too.

Cheap, simple, works
Old 03-03-06, 08:17 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Audi A8 bixenon projectors and 4300 bulbs. I'll show some more pics later, just on my way out the door to work, so here's a bad pic for now
Attached Thumbnails Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's?  halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?-side.jpg  
Old 03-03-06, 09:10 AM
john_sc400
Rookie

Default High beams in all four positions.

I installed new Silverstar 9005s, which are the 65watt high beams in both the low and high beam sockets. It's a subtle improvement, but worth it as a relatively low priced fix. All four bulbs cost a total of $75 at Autozone. The old low beam bulbs are 55w and they do deteriorate over time so the 10w difference, plus a higher color temperature make for a brighter beam. Since the power requirements are similar, you won't have any wiring or fuse problems.

Search for Silverstar or 9005 in these forums and you will find instructions with pics. Briefly, you have to remove a double keyway inside the low beam sockets and trim the tab on the bulbs to make them fit. I trimmed both pieces with a pair of small side cutters. No big deal.

The high beam bulb (9005) has a very slightly smaller base diameter so you can make it fit better by doubling up the "o" ring seals. Reuse the old "o" rings from your old low beam bulbs.

Do NOT touch the bulbs with your fingers.

The lights are noticeably whiter and brighter. I was concerned that I'd have oncoming drivers flashing their lights at me, but it has never once happened. Apparently the low beam lens focuses the light such that it points more at the road and is better diffused from side to side than high beams.
Old 03-03-06, 12:10 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by griffinrun
JUST WONDERING WHAT HEADLIGHT UPGRADES THERE ARE...JUST SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT...NOT JUST" POLISH THE LINES OUT OF IT" OR "FIX THE LEAKS"..........ANYBODY?
No halo "GDM" aftermarket headlights for the SC. GDM being german domestic market since u wanna copy a bimmer. They look terrible on civics and bimmers, so lets hope they are never made for the sc. If you want to mod your headlights, do cool things like green carpet and furry seats, theres alot of other cars that have a bigger aftermarket.
Old 03-03-06, 12:45 PM
itazura
Pole Position

do a search on Advanced Automotive Concepts. they make halo/angel eyes for sc300/400's.

http://advancedautomotiveconcepts.co...sKitMain.shtml

Last edited by itazura; 03-03-06 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-03-06, 01:40 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

hmm, i dunno if i like the main headlight "halo" but the high beam one looks cool. i wouldn't do it but it's nice to know it's available.
Old 03-03-06, 02:23 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have blackhousing headlight, and then I got the HID from Cannonbear!!
I love it.
Old 03-03-06, 06:30 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it appropriate to call 'ricer'?

Or is the term no longer P.C.?
Old 03-03-06, 06:56 PM
Koma

I say to each his own.
If it's your car, modify it the way you would like to. You paid for it.
I find people who don't add anything productive to threads really annoying. If someone is looking to do something and you have nothing to add but suggestions not to do so than don't post. Stop turning people off on ideas.

You can also check out www.***************** They do some extensive work and for a high price tag.
Old 03-03-06, 07:06 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
I say to each his own.
If it's your car, modify it the way you would like to. You paid for it.
I find people who don't add anything productive to threads really annoying. If someone is looking to do something and you have nothing to add but suggestions not to do so than don't post. Stop turning people off on ideas.

You can also check out www.***************** They do some extensive work and for a high price tag.
It's a public forum. He's going to get opinions from people. As long as the post pertains to the topic, it's fair game. It's thread jacks like the first part of your post reprimanding me and this post of mine that don't belong.
Old 03-03-06, 07:14 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
It's a public forum. He's going to get opinions from people. As long as the post pertains to the topic, it's fair game. It's thread jacks like the first part of your post reprimanding me and this post of mine that don't belong.
He was wondering about headlight upgrades. I gave him some directions.
You are just bashing, yes you can have your own opinion but he wasn't asking for opinions. I can see if he openly said "what do you guys think of..." but he didn't he just wants help. It's his car let him do what he wants. If he wants to spend the money at clearcorners or aac then let him do so.

Back on topic: if you search in the lighting forum for SC300 or SC400 you can get some pretty cool ideas for retrofits. But there really isn't much of an aftermarket for the SCs. If you're willing to dish out some dough you can get some nice mods but SCs don't have the mass produced headlights and tail lights like other cars.
Old 03-03-06, 07:34 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is my black housing.. I don't think it is RICE...
Attached Thumbnails Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's?  halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?-epsc3_edited.jpg  
Old 03-03-06, 10:48 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

black housings are rice???

i like the way the black housings look, can we do the high beams too or is it harder to take apart? it looks kinda funny still chrome.

Quick Reply: Anybody know of any headlight upgrades for sc's? halo?? ANYTHING DIFFERENT?