SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.

Old 06-29-12, 11:22 AM
JadonSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fell in love with this forum when my power steering wheel got stuck and was able to get a DIY to resolve.
Old 08-08-12, 08:34 PM
jetlife
Driver School Candidate

me myself i love this forum!! it helps with everything i need to know, but real G'S dont talk s*** so keep it out, were here to help each other lets be bros not ho's....
Old 08-23-12, 07:03 PM
ksrnumber1
Driver School Candidate

For whatever reason this became a hot topic again, I hope it helps. I love this forum.
Old 08-28-12, 09:18 PM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

This is one if the reasons I didn't post much. I've been a member for awhile and I remember when it was helpful and welcoming. I'm glad this "new stand" is being implemented.
Old 08-28-12, 10:33 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm not here daily but I am when I have time, and I don't mind helping other members out or giving feedback, but lately some of the kids on this forum need to get off their high horse and come back down to reality. I say "kids" mainly judging from either the way they "talk" or how they get so offended the second someone posts against what they like.

Don't get me wrong - there are a lot of cool people on this forum, a lot of good people who understand how to take criticism and feedback. Many of the CL members I've met in person are all nice people.

Unfortunately there are more than a few as well on the opposite side of the spectrum who need to chill out and realize that if they post something on a public forum, it will be seen by the public, and not everyone will like it. You give feedback or an opinion and if it doesn't match theirs, they get all butt hurt and defensive. Sometimes the conversation dies out, but sometimes "disagreements in opinion" escalate a little. Understandable - humans are humans, but again - some people need to realize that what they might think is cool isn't cool to everyone else. I've been in this situation more than a few times, where I'd give feedback or an opinion and the other person can't take it. It's hard to establish (or re-establish) that sought after sense of community when you have to deal with people like this - but it's not impossible.

I've learned a lot about my car since I joined and I continue to do so, this is the only Lexus forum I go to.
Old 09-05-12, 08:17 PM
PedroD400
Driver School Candidate

man i love this website... i just have to get used to navigating through all the information and threads that are posted. i am sure that there will be drama in the future but whoever they are just remember we are all here for the same thing.... we love our cars
Old 10-16-12, 07:57 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raine:

I completely agree. It is extremely difficult to want to help people who have an egotistical attitude. This idea, giving back is a fantastic opportunity to show what people are about. I believe that those who give will receive too, such as yourself and many many others.

Your write ups have helped many people and the time you take to answer questions after is great, let alone the help you've probably given people you've met in person. Hence, if you were to ask somebody for help they would not bat an eyelid. Those who act in the manner you described are the ones that will suffer through their own actions. Therefore I would not worry about trying to revive the sense of community, as the sense of community between those who want it, those who matter and those who are willing is the only one needed. All of those people will be here.
Old 10-16-12, 08:16 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jos
Raine:

I completely agree. It is extremely difficult to want to help people who have an egotistical attitude. This idea, giving back is a fantastic opportunity to show what people are about. I believe that those who give will receive too, such as yourself and many many others.

Your write ups have helped many people and the time you take to answer questions after is great, let alone the help you've probably given people you've met in person. Hence, if you were to ask somebody for help they would not bat an eyelid. Those who act in the manner you described are the ones that will suffer through their own actions. Therefore I would not worry about trying to revive the sense of community, as the sense of community between those who want it, those who matter and those who are willing is the only one needed. All of those people will be here.
Yeah I don't exactly "worry" about it. For example, these days if some passer-by posts in the wheel fitment thread without doing the obviously important research, i.e.: "I have wheels in [the most common] size, with [the most common tire size]... do I need to mod the fenders?"

...or worse, those who don't even bother reading all of the available info and post just to get a spoonfeed i.e. "I want 19's - what wheel width/offset/tire size do I buy for hella flush"

I just skip it. LOL

But you can tell just by the context of their posts of those who seem to genuinely want to be a part of our "community", those I don't mind helping out in whatever way I can, whenever I have the time to.

Last edited by raine; 10-17-12 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-17-12, 08:51 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In complete agreement with you.
Old 10-17-12, 08:58 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Let's party. LOL
Old 02-25-13, 08:00 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Back again

I was on this forum years ago as I had bought a 92 sc400 for my wife that I rebuilt from salvage after a fire . The forum helped me with DIY and many used parts . A few years ago I bought a 95 blk on blk sc300 and again used the forum to keep up with the community and to post n talk about my mods & help others with theirs. After a change to a BMW 330 ci and not one but 2 Z32 TT , Now I'm back for a completely new project as I purchased a 92 sc300 with a 1JZ single turbo setup & I. Will really need you guys to help with mods ,maintenance and parts etc. I will use whatever knowledge I have learned from stripping down a parts car to mods on the 95 to help the newbies as I once was .
My experience goes to show that these cars never lose their appeal to all agesas I'm probably older than most of your dads so don't b e rude you young whippersnappers lol because if you run into my
1 bad1jz out there I might just show you to respect your elders as you see my tails . Late
Old 02-27-13, 02:56 AM
p00rbob
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Thank you Dave, I'm a newbe, but by no means a kid. [soon be 56] And iv'e been very reluctant to post. I am also fairly new at computers, so I try to keep my mouth shut and open my eyes and ears, like I was told so often when younger. I read alot and because I'm not sure "how to" I ask very little lest I get hammered for doing it wrong. I am fairly new at electronics but have been doing cars and bikes for many years, I'm sure I could be helpful to many here.I am willing, tho Iv'e been reluctant. Thanks again, this will help me get involved.
Old 03-13-13, 04:25 PM
hansjl
Driver

Default I've always been grateful for this SC Forum

I haven't been on for a while since I don't use my SC as a daily driver any more, but, I do on occasion just browse to see who's still on and topics of interest. Many times I've been up the creek without a paddle and this is the place I went to for help and got it. Today was another research visit and again, I found my answer, something I didn't accomplish without help on my first visit to the forum. I've even made some new friends here from across the country. It's amazing what you don't know you'll need in the future and you remember, oh, that was on the 300/400 forum.

Yes I know how to search but many new owners of a 300 or 400 aren't as familiar with terms and don't have the parts and engine manuals available to them to do good searches. Sometimes the manuals are just plain wrong, give you the hardest way to do the task keeping the dealership in business. Keep in mind, it may be a relative, neighbor, or someone who really needs your help that came here for it. So what brought you here in the first place, help maybe?

I hear many people say that people who drive a Lexus SC are A__ Holes and think they are better than others and drive like A__ Holes. PLEASE don't be one of them! Be kind, you may need help on some other forum one day and asking for help

And a message for the moderators as to my $.02: Cut them off permanently if they can't be civil and communicate like intelligent human beings. The mods do a great job and shouldn't have to baby sit people that are old enough to read but too stupid to be civil in their writings.

Once again, thanks for the forum and for all the help and entertainment this forum has been.

Thanks,
Hans

Last edited by hansjl; 03-14-13 at 10:57 AM. Reason: addition
Old 03-22-13, 07:22 AM
drewtcook
Driver School Candidate

new here, and this looks like it's needed after just looking through a couple threads.

if you wana hate go to the honda racing forums
Old 04-01-13, 11:12 AM
bam11
Driver School Candidate

Yes go to the honda forums if you can't be nice.. we do love our cars So I can understand the passionsthat can arise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.