SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 07:24 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is kinda funny, I have been on CL for years on the GS forum, and most people know me on there. I just bought an SC400 last week to add to the stable, and I spent the last few days on the SC forums searching out how to mod this car. I have thought numerous times in the past few days how different the SC forums are compared to the GS forums. The GS guys are like a family for the most part, I dont get that feeling from the SC forums at all. I chalked it up to GS owners most likely being older and a more seasoned group of people. Thats a general statement obviously, but this thread couldnt be more timely for me.

I went to the Lexus after owning a few 800hp Supras, and I was big in the Supraforums for a few years. The one thing that I missed coming to CL on the GS forums is the availability of "real" knowledge of the technical performance stuff....probably due to not alot of people going FI on GS' at the time. Supraforums would teach you anything about your car you wanted to know, and people were happy to share it.....that forum is overflowing with technical data. The SC forums have the opportunity to have the same type of reputation with all of the available perfromance parts and avenues that the SC can take. Hopefully we can all embrace Daves request and start pushing it in that direction.

Ok, IM done preaching.....
Old 12-16-05, 09:22 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

You're family to me, pimp.

...and since you are near Evotuned, perhaps you can persuade him to get his **** back into the swing of things with his SC.
Old 12-16-05, 11:54 PM
XS_SC300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all hope that it'll be family-like in here that's for sure...

But you know, some people just don't have any respect for someone else's property, only hate...
Old 12-17-05, 05:18 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job. I am definitely new to the community only owning my SC since February. I actually got to a point that I began every single post I made with "yes, I searched". It really cut down on my contributions because I had a sense of walking on egg shells. I have been part of 3SI.org since 99 and just seemed that the members had more of a respect for each other. I am by no means "bashing" on Club Lexus because you guys helped me get an SC400 and have given some very valuable advise which I am greatful for. I definitely see this as a step in the right direction.
Old 12-17-05, 05:39 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey were all family , I love this forum. I even sold a head light to the guy right above me, lol by the way Quick hows the light, never heard back from ya, hope you liked it.

Tommy
Old 12-17-05, 07:26 PM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Well I'm a noob here but I tend to go to the supra forums more often because like someone else said it's easier to get info and the people are more friendly. My first impression here was that this forum was too secretive, or maybe the memebers were too close together that they didn't respond to anyone new. I think my first post was deleted or something because I couldn't find it a day after, and no one informed me or anything if I even should use the search. I don't usually post here anymore, I just search for stuff now.
Old 12-17-05, 07:48 PM
Mz L*Tuned
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midengtoy
Well I'm a noob here but I tend to go to the supra forums more often because like someone else said it's easier to get info and the people are more friendly. My first impression here was that this forum was too secretive, or maybe the memebers were too close together that they didn't respond to anyone new. I think my first post was deleted or something because I couldn't find it a day after, and no one informed me or anything if I even should use the search. I don't usually post here anymore, I just search for stuff now.
Yah, I'm a newbie too, and I also came from the supraforums, but I didn't realize there was so much sarcasm on here! I know I'm a girl, and I hope that by reading my username you would figure I'm a girl, but somehow I get the sense of "she's a girl, she doesn't know what she's talking bout" attitude from some of the members. It's all gravy, I have thicker skin than most girls and the way I see it, is people who got too much hate to handle in their lives and need to grow up. But i hope everyone reasons up and respects each other here. I am beginning to love this place, hope everyone will love me back the same
Old 12-17-05, 10:18 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

ill chime in again. ive been here for some time now, and ive seen a lot. there are a lot of young memebers in the SC section... hence there are some problems. not that there is anything wrong with young people, as i am only 20 years old myself, but immaturaty, and lack of experience come with some egos and disrespect. ive seen a few posts that have been completely out of line, and have no reason being here. thanks to the administration, they dont stay long. over all though, i believe that there is a lot of help and knowledge here. as for the ladies not getting respect... i have to agree with that. not to get anyone worked up here, but look at Em... no one that has been here less than 3 years knows anything about her. i remember back in the day when her car was still silver, and didnt have any carbon fiber on it at all. she has brought sooo many new ideas and parts to the SC community it unbelievable. was bothers me is that when any member defends her, they get called a leg humper. i think its more of a matter of respect and appreciation. most of the guys on here dont even know how to change their oil... she not only boosted her 1UZ, but she also made her own carbon fiber hood, trunk, and wood replacements on her own. she was the first. it just burns me up when other members try to bash her, and those of us that stick up for her. (i would love a woman that likes to work on cars, and actually knows what she is doing) i just hope we can get back to the way it used to be. as i have stated before, i may be the most well connected SC owner in the world . i have over 40 SC owners phone numbers, and i try to talk to them on the phone or online, or via email regularly. to me, it keeps the community feeling, and we help eachother a lot. (although it does get annoying when a certian member wakes me up to ask for help with his 1J swap from half way across the country ... just playin chris) bottom line, i think its getting back to the old days when we all tried to help eachother and get along. im to the point where if i dont know the answer to someones question, then i wont post untill i find out. if i dont like a mod someone did to their SC, then i will not comment. i know that everyone has their own tastes, and i respect that. there are soooo many different things you can do to an SC that make it amazing, so its hard to be nagative. thats my opinion, but others obvioulsy think there is only one way.... their way. well, i think ive gotten most of my thoughts out on the topic... so im done for now. lets just all get along... it will be more fun that way.. and if anyone is ever in orlando, PM me, and we can chill with the local crew, because we are all tight. (with one exeption, but thats neither here nor there).

you stay classy club lexus.

-Scott

edit: Mz. L*tuned... i glaced at your post in the late night thread, and you really should post pics of your SC in the SC forum... that car is absolutely beautiful! whenever you get the time, come down to orlando, and i would love to compensate you for your time, if you can get my car that clean.

Last edited by ki_soarer; 12-17-05 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-17-05, 10:58 PM
SWSC400
Lead Lap

I'm kinda new here and sometimes feel intimitated to post something in fear that it's in the "wrong place" or it might have been asked before...I have used the search engine many a time with success and will continue to do so. I agree with Dave that some COURTEOUS HELP is the answer, remember, you were all newbies at one time to you know...........thanks to all who have been of help
Old 12-17-05, 11:25 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

hey man, wrong thread! search! sorry, but i had to. i can deffinately see what you mean. there was a point in time when i myself did the standard "please search, this has been covered" reply, but i have since tried to at least post the thread in a link. when you have been here a few years, you see a lot of the same questions... thats why there is a sticky to search. its funny though, because when i look back at some of my first post i was the same way . i just keep thinking about that when a new member gets to asking the same questions, and i chill out and try to help. i am glad that there is a huge following for the SC now, but i just dont want it to become like the civic or 240sx. if ya know what i mean.
Old 12-18-05, 08:02 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
hey man, wrong thread! search! sorry, but i had to. i can deffinately see what you mean. there was a point in time when i myself did the standard "please search, this has been covered" reply, but i have since tried to at least post the thread in a link. when you have been here a few years, you see a lot of the same questions... thats why there is a sticky to search. its funny though, because when i look back at some of my first post i was the same way . i just keep thinking about that when a new member gets to asking the same questions, and i chill out and try to help. i am glad that there is a huge following for the SC now, but i just dont want it to become like the civic or 240sx. if ya know what i mean.
Awww, I can just feel your love.

Seriously, you're a cool guy....just like so many others are too. They just forgot some of the little things like courtesy above all else. Anytime communication occurs on line, it's easier for it to be perceived as rude because you can't hear voice tones or see facial expressions. So this thread is just what the dr ordered to bring us back to earth.

BTW...Scott, I'll be in Orlando next week. I'll give you a call. Maybe we can have lunch or something.
Old 12-18-05, 08:03 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Default be glad to help

I'll be glad to help out however I can. It really shouldn't matter what someone wants to do with their Lex. Might not be my taste but it's not my car.
Old 12-18-05, 09:40 AM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek

Anytime communication occurs on line, it's easier for it to be perceived as rude because you can't hear voice tones or see facial expressions. So this thread is just what the dr ordered to bring us back to earth.
for some reason there also seems to be a lack of comprehension of what was actually written.
i guess people skim the post & then reply. if they are off base, it seems to open the door to
being flamed on. this should go back to RULE #1, think before you post. i am guilty of this too,
but i will go back & edit my reply/ repost if i'm off topic.
Old 12-18-05, 11:17 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reggiek
BTW...Scott, I'll be in Orlando next week. I'll give you a call. Maybe we can have lunch or something.
sure thing reggie! just let me know when you will be here, because im flying to MD friday for christmas.... i get to chill with my northeast CL brothers. you have my number, just let me know.

i too think that a lot of people just reply without reading the thread. that can deffinately get annoying, but i try not to comment unless its my thread, in which case i try to be as polite as possible.
Old 12-19-05, 07:58 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexiss_sc400
hey were all family , I love this forum. I even sold a head light to the guy right above me, lol by the way Quick hows the light, never heard back from ya, hope you liked it.

Tommy
Tommy, the headlight was great and sorry for not letting you know sooner. This is the exact reason that I join forums because the help with knowledge and parts is essential if you want to have an above average car. I cannot tell you how nice it is not to have condensation in my headlight anymore

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.