SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Canards and Splitters

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 02:47 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canards and Splitters

Im planning to get a Vertex Style bodykit for my car soon. My car is currently blue but I want to get it painted super white. I was wondering what the vertex front would look like if it has Carbon Fiber Canards and Spittlers. Im debating on whether or not to get them. Can someone post up pics of a couple SCs with them? Just to see what how they look on the Vertex front. Thanks !
Old 10-23-05, 04:07 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourself a favor and get the real Vertex kit. Canards are an option and will bolt up nicely.

The fake vertex stuff, "vertex style, vortex, etc." is junk that won't fit right and is made really cheaply. (read: brittle cheap fiberglass) I'de be suprised if the canards fit it and don't crack off at freeway speeds.
Old 10-23-05, 05:13 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

What do you need the canards for?
Are you going to be traveling at 130+ miles?
Old 10-23-05, 10:47 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by roo
Do yourself a favor and get the real Vertex kit. Canards are an option and will bolt up nicely.

The fake vertex stuff, "vertex style, vortex, etc." is junk that won't fit right and is made really cheaply. (read: brittle cheap fiberglass) I'de be suprised if the canards fit it and don't crack off at freeway speeds.
If you dont want me to get the fake stuff then you get me the real stuff. Im a starving 19 year old college student. Canards will fit and the body im looking at is made of 7 layer hand laid fiberglass. Pretty strong stuff. I've seen it already. I've tried to break it too.
Old 10-23-05, 10:51 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
Yeah! What kind of question is that???
Old 10-24-05, 06:29 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
He wants his car to look like Ueno's.
Old 10-24-05, 02:13 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Koma
He wants his car to look like Ueno's.
Yeah. Its a sexy beast isnt it.
Old 10-24-05, 03:24 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

what type of splitters or canards are you looking for? because if you are trying to make your car look like ueno's then the picture is available to you. if you plan on buying the smaller canards you just might be the first do test them out at your local shop. Good Luck
Old 10-24-05, 04:12 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
If you dont want me to get the fake stuff then you get me the real stuff. Im a starving 19 year old college student. Canards will fit and the body im looking at is made of 7 layer hand laid fiberglass. Pretty strong stuff. I've seen it already. I've tried to break it too.

You will wish you listened later on... It will cost you the same ammount in the end. The Vertex "STYLE" kit has increadibly bad fittment. Its VERY common for one side skirt to be over and inch too long and the other to be over an inch too short. High-Beam holes that are too small on one side and too low on the other, etc. After getting all the work done to make it fit and look SEMI-decent, you will have spent about the same as you would for the legit kit.

If you cant afford it- DONT DO IT... it will show and it wont be pretty.
Old 10-24-05, 04:20 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Only get it if you know it is going to fit.
Old 10-24-05, 07:59 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Only get it if you know it is going to fit.
I'm with this guy. If it's a quality knock off and it's a sure fit than go for it. Otherwise I'd save up for the real thing. My two cents. Don't listen to me if you don't want to. I don't know much anyway.
Old 10-25-05, 12:23 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

quality and knockoff don't usually go together well...even if it fits, it won't be as strong or durable as the real thing. listen to sc400texas, if you can't afford it, save up until you can do it the right way.
Old 10-25-05, 12:29 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

goodness. please i have a knock off, ROO i know you're an experienced car builder, but really, some v-speed kits arent as bad as you think.

I think splitters are alright, but canards are overdoing it. It may affect some corning stablization, but our cars are notorious for oversteer not understeer.
Old 10-26-05, 10:49 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
goodness. please i have a knock off, ROO i know you're an experienced car builder, but really, some v-speed kits arent as bad as you think.

I think splitters are alright, but canards are overdoing it. It may affect some corning stablization, but our cars are notorious for oversteer not understeer.
Thank You! Good to know I have someone on my side. A friend of mine who owns a performance shop is going to order the kit for me. There at the shop I can test fit it and if it doesnt fit then I'll either try and aim for getting the real Vertex or do the full 97+ body conversion.
Old 10-26-05, 11:10 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soardrft
what type of splitters or canards are you looking for? because if you are trying to make your car look like ueno's then the picture is available to you. if you plan on buying the smaller canards you just might be the first do test them out at your local shop. Good Luck
The ones I want to get are a bit different from Ueno's.

These are Canards and a Splitter on the Celica. If there is another SC out there with these on can you post some pics please?

This is the splitter. It comes with two small little dampers that hold it on to the front bumper. Alot of BMWs use these.

Last edited by JspecSC3; 10-26-05 at 11:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Canards and Splitters