SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What do you guys / gals think of these WHEELS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-05, 07:35 AM
lasracin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys / gals think of these WHEELS?

18 x9 with a 35 offset? On a 1993 SC400.
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys / gals think of these WHEELS?-speedylegendblackr.jpg  
Old 10-07-05, 07:37 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I'm not big on machined finish. Plus, I don't really dig the black inserts on the spokes. Maybe without the inserts?
Old 10-07-05, 08:12 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I love the machined finish, with those offsets I reckon the wheels will sit nicely if your car is lowered.
Old 10-07-05, 08:15 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would recomend getting a staggered set up with a wider wheel in the rear, or your going to have the front sitting close to flush and the rears sunken in a tad (which is not a good look on the SC)
Old 10-07-05, 08:22 AM
lasracin
Driver School Candidate

I am not quite sure. The SC is my wife's car. I do not have a lot of experience w/ these type of cars. I have been around classics & trucks all my life. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do know that she wants this thing decked out inside & out. That is her baby. My baby is the horses under the hood.
Old 10-07-05, 08:32 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by lasracin
I am not quite sure. The SC is my wife's car. I do not have a lot of experience w/ these type of cars. I have been around classics & trucks all my life. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do know that she wants this thing decked out inside & out. That is her baby. My baby is the horses under the hood.

What is your budget for the rims. That could help us make some suggestions for you!
Old 10-07-05, 08:48 AM
lasracin
Driver School Candidate

I do not want to say that there is no limit, but I believe you pay for what you get. I want aggresive, clean and streamlined. I do not want to spend a fortune, but I also realize that what I want comes with a price tag, a lot of times. There is no set dollar amount.
Old 10-07-05, 10:11 AM
advan7
Pole Position

How about these? If I can get rid of mine, I'm thinking about these.

http://weds.co.jp/products/kranze/lxz_celsior3.html
Old 10-07-05, 11:07 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

I do not want to say that there is no limit, but I believe you pay for what you get. I want aggresive, clean and streamlined. I do not want to spend a fortune, but I also realize that what I want comes with a price tag, a lot of times. There is no set dollar amount.
i say check out RAYS A/X X401

Old 10-07-05, 11:08 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by advan7
How about these? If I can get rid of mine, I'm thinking about these.

http://weds.co.jp/products/kranze/lxz_celsior3.html
those are damn sexy.. i think it might be hard to pull them off on a SC though....
Old 10-07-05, 11:15 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

get ahold of D2-AUTOSPORT on this forum and tell him your looking for wheels on your SC. D2-Autosports is a clublexus verified Vendor, experienced in fitting wheels on the SC, and helped me get mine! He can work around budgets, make recomendations, and has excellent taste.

D2-Autosports contact info

D2-AUTOSPORT
PHONE: 203-440-4766
FAX: 203-440-4795
EMAIL: info@d2autosport.com
URL: www.d2autosport.com
AOL INSTANT MSG: D2AUTOSPORT

If you have AOL, get ahold of him on there, he is ALWAYS on via hiptop.
Old 10-07-05, 11:20 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

I happen to love CCW's. Since your first picture was of a five-spoke design, I picked their 5-spoke design as well. How about one of these?

SP500

SP505A
Old 10-07-05, 12:57 PM
lasracin
Driver School Candidate

I really like some of ADR Designs wheels. Any comments on them? I also liked Piaa wheels. I am not necessarily looking for a five spoke design, but it seems eveything that has caught my eye, has been five spoke. Do you think this is too busy?
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-05, 01:01 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

I don't think it's too busy. It does approach more of a mesh style though. Like some Work VS-XX!!!!
Old 10-07-05, 04:00 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

I really like some of ADR Designs wheels. Any comments on them? I also liked Piaa wheels. I am not necessarily looking for a five spoke design, but it seems eveything that has caught my eye, has been five spoke. Do you think this is too busy?
i would steer away from ADR and some of the other lower end wheel manufacturers. I would look into Work, iForged, CCW, or Sevas. Sevas is a wheel that D2Autosports sells. It has been big in the Audi and other Euro tuning circles and just recently started making wheels with Lexus bolt patterns. I always thought that this Sevas S-Star wheel would look great on the SC's body.

Sizes on the SC for your wife... you really dont want anything that will be hard to run (read: low offset wide wheel requiring fender rolling/modification. I would recomend 19X8.5 et40 and 19X9.5 et40. The offsets are conservative enough that you wont worry about rubbing, the sizes are aggresive enough to turn heads, and the SC will look great. Another plus...is that D2 currently has the Sevas in 19's priced at $2425 including tires! (according to their website- http://www.d2autosport.com/sevas.html)

Last edited by sc400texas; 10-07-05 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you guys / gals think of these WHEELS?