SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JDM style wind deflectors installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-05, 04:08 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by /Aerostar\
So you're sayin my painted rims dont look better than stockers?
They can't look better than "stockers" becuase that is what they are.

Staying on topic, I love the wind deflectors. I had em on my last car, and bought some for my current one aswell.

Last edited by JZZ30TT; 07-30-05 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-30-05, 04:19 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
Can you PLEASE explain to me what makes top model LEXUS sc300 better than it's Toyota counterpart??

No, you can't because it's not better.

So please, get over this whole Lexus is better than Toyota thing. Same company same parts.
Actually i can respond to this. 2 years ago I blew my power steering high pressure hose. It is about 6 inches long and curves. You all know the one. When I went to find a replacement hose I was a bit taken by the dealership wanting $36 for a 6 inch piece of rubber. As I stood there in the Toyota parts store (Capital Toyota and Lexus of Chattanooga are owned by the same guy and split a lot) I asked the guy "are there any Totoya specific hoses that would work?" He went to the back and came out with a hose almost identical and said to hold them both and take a look.

The Toyota vehicle specific hoses were double layer high strength hoses that looked fine, but after holding the Lexus vehicle specific hose the differences were obvious. The Lexus specific hoses were TRIPLE layered hoses that had more threads per inch wrapped into them.

Even though Toyota makes them both, Lexus specific parts are BEEFY and very strong. There is an immediate difference noticed when they are side by side.

So yes, it is indeed correct to say "Lexus parts are better than Toyota parts" because the Toyota built LEXUS specific parts are overbuilt and very beefy. Even a stupid little 6 inch hose.

PS- nice wind deflectors
Old 07-30-05, 04:37 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Actually i can respond to this. 2 years ago I blew my power steering high pressure hose. It is about 6 inches long and curves. You all know the one. When I went to find a replacement hose I was a bit taken by the dealership wanting $36 for a 6 inch piece of rubber. As I stood there in the Toyota parts store (Capital Toyota and Lexus of Chattanooga are owned by the same guy and split a lot) I asked the guy "are there any Totoya specific hoses that would work?" He went to the back and came out with a hose almost identical and said to hold them both and take a look.

The Toyota vehicle specific hoses were double layer high strength hoses that looked fine, but after holding the Lexus vehicle specific hose the differences were obvious. The Lexus specific hoses were TRIPLE layered hoses that had more threads per inch wrapped into them.

Even though Toyota makes them both, Lexus specific parts are BEEFY and very strong. There is an immediate difference noticed when they are side by side.

So yes, it is indeed correct to say "Lexus parts are better than Toyota parts" because the Toyota built LEXUS specific parts are overbuilt and very beefy. Even a stupid little 6 inch hose.

PS- nice wind deflectors
Unfortunatly I wasn't talking about a camery. I was talk about a LEXUS SC300 VS TOYOTA SOARER. Not a Lexus sc300 vs toyota camery parts. I thought I was pretty clear what I was comparing.

Obviously a car that cost 3x's as much is going to have nicer parts on it.
Old 07-30-05, 04:43 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Unfortunatly I wasn't talking about a camery. I was talk about a LEXUS SC300 VS TOYOTA SOARER. Not a Lexus sc300 vs toyota camery parts. I thought I was pretty clear what I was comparing.

Obviously a car that cost 3x's as much is going to have nicer parts on it.
Noone mentioned a Camry. I thought I was pretty clear I was comparing Toyota and Lexus.......... like you.
We alll know you will argue until a thread closes to try and be right. You won't get that chance here. You were NOT being model specific when you quoted below:

get over this whole Lexus is better than Toyota thing. Same company same parts.
You made that statement, I commented on it - correctly. Nothing to argue about, so I won't.
Old 07-30-05, 06:10 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Can you PLEASE explain to me what makes top model LEXUS sc300 better than it's Toyota counterpart??
This is actually what I was refering to in the quote you quoted me on. Thank you. I think it's pretty clear what I meant.
Old 07-30-05, 06:40 PM
Spitfire86
Pole Position

I can see the fuctionality of the deflectors and think it's reasonable. Aesthetically I don't think it's too hot but to every man's own!
Old 07-30-05, 07:12 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

No, you can't because it's not better.

So please, get over this whole Lexus is better than Toyota thing. Same company same parts.
1. I am talking about my SC400
2. I never said nor do I believe that the Lexus SC400 is better than the Toyota Soarer.
3. Never said Lexus is better than Toyota
If I did please point it out.
Old 07-30-05, 08:13 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

^^^ not a part of the thread. Back on topic as dave said. Next reply get's deleted or locked. Thanks

reminder: Wind deflector
Old 07-30-05, 08:23 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

hmmm...ermm..Is that Toyota lettering printed onto the Deflectors? Would there possibly be a way to remove the Toyota lettering and paste a CL sticker?
Old 07-30-05, 08:37 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can totally see the use for these, but personally i wouldn't install them. i'd rather air out my car when i get to it than put them on so i can crack it an inch. it's a personal preference. but, anything JDM gives you something to talk about right?
Old 07-31-05, 06:12 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

I have them because it works, and i use them everyday. Oh, and it fits perfectly.
Old 07-31-05, 07:21 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
hmmm...ermm..Is that Toyota lettering printed onto the Deflectors? Would there possibly be a way to remove the Toyota lettering and paste a CL sticker?
Heheheh that'd be cool lol

I'd buy them for my Soarer (yeah, I smoke in the rain lol) but the genuines are so friggin expensive ($220~ )
Old 07-31-05, 10:04 PM
groovinSc3
Pole Position

just picked some up. i like em.
Old 07-31-05, 10:34 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i LOVE this thread! I LOVE MY VISORS!!! VERY FUNCTIONAL!!

we need to sticky this thread... please.... im sure everyone will agree... no?
Old 07-31-05, 11:09 PM
groovinSc3
Pole Position

you know whats funny...some guy did come up to me today and was like..".toyota?" when he was lookin at my visors and then i had to explain the whole deal. funny but then he was enlighten to learn something new.

Quick Reply: JDM style wind deflectors installed!!!