SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Attn Body kit experts

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-05, 02:04 PM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Attn Body kit experts

All of yall should know about the V-speed body kit on ebay thats been floating around. Im debating if i should purchase it as an alternative to the 97+ conversion since those parts are so expensive. Anyone actually seen this kit in person or intalled one? Yes i did search and nothing came up that would help me. Basically are there any fittiment issues?

or.... any body kit recomendations? Something like vspeed or this one
Attached Thumbnails Attn Body kit experts-sc7.jpg  
Old 07-14-05, 02:13 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

you always take a chance with fitment issues with a no name company
Old 07-14-05, 02:23 PM
Lexologist
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been wondering myself....

Try Signature line of kits...cheaper knockoffs.
Old 07-14-05, 02:27 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC3005SPD1
Basically are there any fittiment issues?
This should be your clue as to why it's so cheap

The money you "save" by buying this kit will probably go towards making it fit correctly.
Old 07-14-05, 02:31 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

most of the things that cost less end up costing you more
Old 07-14-05, 02:31 PM
Lexologist
Driver

Is that the Vertx kit on that DeepRed SC?
Old 07-14-05, 06:04 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

Yess sir it is. Never ever buy a knock off kit. It's a bad idea. You will spend more than you would have if you bought the original Car Make T&E Vertex Aero kit
Old 07-14-05, 07:59 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
you always take a chance with fitment issues with a no name company
i have to disagree with this.... i spent $1,300 on a "namebrand" kit before and it still had plenty of fitment issues. and i still had to pay a bodyshop to make it fit right. i would have rather spent $3 to 400 on a knock-off kit and used the extra cash for the fitment/bodyshop. i look at it as... fiberglass is fiberglass... and with enough of it, you can make it fit perfect. just my 0.02 from personal experience.
Old 07-14-05, 09:09 PM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

i hear what ur sayin... ill ask my body guy how much extra he is gonna charge me to make it fit right. I doubt he'd charge me alot since im gettin the paint job for 1200 and color and metallic finish i want. Plus he did my front nose for me for 650. (we know the guy personally) But I want a kit thats going to look nice and smooth if i end up getting one. 2000 for those upgrade parts aint lookin to friendly right now unlesssssss

DONATIONS PLEASE lol cash creditcard money order all the same ill take it!
Old 07-14-05, 10:17 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

having seen the vis knockoff and owning the original vertex kit, i can honestly say that not all fiberglass is fiberglass. vertex actually is frp and not full fiberglass. in the bodykit fitment thread that's stickied at the top of the forum, i posted that the vertex can take quite a large amount of abuse and has not cracked yet.. *knock on wood*. and from what i've been told by a local, the vertex kit is about 2-3 times thicker than a normal fiberglass kit.
Old 07-14-05, 10:34 PM
Lexologist
Driver

sorry to divert this thread...

I was looking for a Vertex kit, but couldnt find one below $2300. Looking for @ 2K or below..

Any leads? Anyone want to trade for stock?

Trade. Cannot sell w/o first getting a replacment.
Old 07-14-05, 10:49 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

yeah ive heard of that... its like some poly/fiberglass mix thats suppose to make it flex a little more than straight fiberglass kits.... my veilside kit was like that too, and it does flex a bit... but i still managed to crack it. buy hey, i guess if you have the extra cash to get the real deal... maybe thats why theres no plans for a kit anytime soon...
Old 07-14-05, 11:53 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Umm.. I see alot of people here not having experience with the knock offs, and saying they're horrible.

I have a knockoff and people tell me my car looks clean. I had barely any fitament issues, the fiberglass is THICK, and overall the kit looks mean.
Old 07-15-05, 12:41 AM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BMwhat?
yeah ive heard of that... its like some poly/fiberglass mix thats suppose to make it flex a little more than straight fiberglass kits
My friend's company sells kits like this, they call them flex-fiber. I've seen pictures of them twisting a front bumper, no damage at all. I don't know if they have the vertex copy made of flex-fiber but I knokw they have the fiberglass version, it's 7 layers and gel coated.
Old 07-15-05, 09:44 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMwhat?
i have to disagree with this.... i spent $1,300 on a "namebrand" kit before and it still had plenty of fitment issues. and i still had to pay a bodyshop to make it fit right. i would have rather spent $3 to 400 on a knock-off kit and used the extra cash for the fitment/bodyshop. i look at it as... fiberglass is fiberglass... and with enough of it, you can make it fit perfect. just my 0.02 from personal experience.
$1300? only kits i know of in that price range was Bomex. If you bought a Bomex, you probably bought it in its later stages when they changed manufacturing plants. The quality is crap now. Mentioned this in SF and CL forums. I think this is hte only exception. Fiberglass is not fiberglass. from MY personal experience.

Quick Reply: Attn Body kit experts