SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Fender rolling..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-05, 05:08 AM
rbini100
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender rolling..

Does anyone know how low a rear offset we can run on a 19x10" wheel with the fenders rolled? I love the g35 with some deep dish wheels, and wouldn't mind doin some fender rolling..or cutting..to get that look.
Old 02-12-05, 08:38 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

It depends on a lot of things and how extreme you want to go.
I'm actually rolling my fenders today, will post up some pics.
I was going to start my own thread, but I guess i'll just use this one.
Old 02-12-05, 10:09 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rbini100
Does anyone know how low a rear offset we can run on a 19x10" wheel with the fenders rolled? I love the g35 with some deep dish wheels, and wouldn't mind doin some fender rolling..or cutting..to get that look.
yay! lol I'm glad people are finally getting tired of these weak *** offsets US lexus owners are kown to run.

To answer your question, above said it pretty well, but I will give you a safe starting point. +25 will EASILY fit will rolling (depending on tire choice of course), However, you can get away with +15 with a good amount of rolling (maybe slight pull) and a good amount of tire stretch w/ some neg. camber.
Old 02-12-05, 12:34 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

check out the pics.. i test fitted the wheels.. i'm glad with the fitment.. didn't want them to be sunken, however i didn't want them to stick out too much either. but some fender modding needs to be done. i can probably pull this off without fender mods, but i will be rubbing on dips. not even that, i want to drop the coilovers some more. Pulling fenders isn't a problem.. but i'm not sure about rolling them. I know someone on here mentioned they had a machine they were willing to lend out. If that doesn't work out, does anybody in NYC known a shop that will do a good job? I'm not too worried about cracking the paint as i'm heading towards the body shop at the end of this month for a complete job.
Attached Thumbnails Fender rolling..-fender1.jpg  

Last edited by newyorksc; 02-12-05 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-12-05, 12:40 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

here is another one..
Attached Thumbnails Fender rolling..-fender2.jpg  
Old 02-12-05, 12:42 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993SCTT
check out the pics.. i test fitted the wheels.. i'm glad with the fitment.. didn't want them to be sunken, however i didn't want them to stick out too much either. but some fender modding needs to be done. i can probably pull this off without fender mods, but i will be rubbing on dips. not even that, i want to drop the coilovers some more. Pulling fenders isn't a problem.. but i'm not sure about rolling them. I know someone on here mentioned they had a machine they were willing to lend out. If that doesn't work out, does anybody in NYC known a shop that will do a good job? I'm not too worried about cracking the paint as i'm heading towards the body shop at the end of this month for a complete job.
looks good bro- but if I remember correctly, isnt the rear offset like 45 or 50? I want to see some pics of people running 9.5 or 10's in the rear with a 25-30 mm offset
Old 02-12-05, 12:42 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

on another note: check out the difference!
and on another note: does anybody know when Steve's 97+ upgrade group buy items are on their way and the auto couture kit group buy? just curious
Attached Thumbnails Fender rolling..-fender3.jpg  
Old 02-12-05, 12:45 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

sc400texas, i was told that they were 45-50 offset, but the guy was unsure.. so maybe he was wrong? They look like 40 offset.. but im not an expert at guessing offset when it isn't stamped not sure? I am pretty sure it is whatever HRE and IForged assign for the SC. I think Derrick would know.
Old 02-12-05, 01:16 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

what tires sizes are those? 285 if I remember correctly? That is why it rubs. Most people running a 10J+20-+30 rear run 245-235 tires, which will help a lot in the fitment department.

If you want to see pics of a 10J rear wheel wil a +22 offset check out sliderSC's post. He is running 18x10J +22 in the rear. I forget he Volk offsets, but they are pretty aggressive also.

Also- I have a fener roller (which is currently being lent out to a friend in another state) but when I get it back, anyone is more than welcome to use it. I'm in VA.
Old 02-12-05, 01:30 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

JZZ30TT, you said you can ballpark the offset on my wheels with some better pics in the last thread? Just curious what your insight is on this.. what do you think? I just need to pull and roll very slightly so I can work my slam, right?

Yeah i've got 285s on the rear. I would have probably bought 265s or 275s if I bought rims only, but these tires came w/ the wheels so I might as well use them, just gotta make them fit correctly and i'll be set. If i'm not mistaken, Streetking is running 295s on his 19x11 ccws, he has had some fender mods done.. then again he has conservative offsets.

If you could lend me the fender roller when you get it back, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 02-12-05, 01:52 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

JZZ30TT, you said you can ballpark the offset on my wheels with some better pics in the last thread? Just curious what your insight is on this.. what do you think? I just need to pull and roll very slightly so I can work my slam, right?.
From the looks of it the offset is close to accurate. I would say between 40-50mm

I think you have your terms a bit mixed up, but thats ok

rolling = making the "lip" of the fender flat against the vertical part of the fender.

pulling= actually pushing/stretching the fender outwards to achieve a wider stock fender.

Yeah i've got 285s on the rear. I would have probably bought 265s or 275s if I bought rims only, but these tires came w/ the wheels so I might as well use them, just gotta make them fit correctly and i'll be set. If i'm not mistaken, Streetking is running 295s on his 19x11 ccws, he has had some fender mods done.. then again he has conservative offsets.
Yea, 315's will fit on the back of sc's with just rolling the fenders (depending on wheel offset).

If you could lend me the fender roller when you get it back, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Yea, no problem... would you come down here? Also, this tool does both rolling and pulling. It is the eastwood piece ( www.eastwood.com )

I will also add that your paint WILL crack/chip if you roll the fenders especially if you pull them. So be prepaired for that.
Old 02-12-05, 03:35 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Oh yeah I think i've got my terms mixed up. Well I think i can just roll my fenders and not have to pull them. If I ran a stretched tire I wouldn't have to pull at all, just a little roll if i wanted to slam. I would only need the machine if I wanted to pull, but rolling seems like a definate DIY job.

Does anybody have a write up on how to roll fenders? I heard RMMGS4 had one, but I didn't find it. I think they mentioned I could use a heat gun? Because I have a heat gun.

Here are a couple more pics..
Attached Thumbnails Fender rolling..-p2120298.jpg  
Old 02-12-05, 03:38 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

heres another oneeee
Attached Thumbnails Fender rolling..-p2120295.jpg  
Old 02-12-05, 03:42 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

and another oneeeeee
Attached Thumbnails Fender rolling..-p2120296.jpg  
Old 02-12-05, 06:01 PM
reLXn
Driver School Candidate

have you thought about cutting it? i did that to my previous car('97 turbo supra). sorry no pics

Quick Reply: Fender rolling..