SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

getting ready for "extrme make-over".

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 11:15 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation getting ready for "extreme make-over".

well, rainy days are over here in southern calif so im preparing the car for a complete paint job.
as for the lexus meet i had attended last month here in los angeles, i finally decided to have the color change to "millenium silver" off of a gs300...not sure what year exactly. i have not seen any sc with that color yet unless you guys know anyone..........hehe
that do you guys think? i am also acquiring a body kit.........either vertex copy.......or
have the erebuni front lip and vertex sides and rear. i am not quite sure how it would like if i do mix them together. i've seen a lot of members here with the vertex kit copy or original and it looked very aggressive........espclly the front bumper. im hoping i would get this project done within a month.

i am also considering for re-upholstering my interior in "black". mainly the front/rear seats and door panels and rear panels. i will just prolly leave everything original (tan) but i would like the bottom half of the dash board in "black" if i can somehow repaint it like what i did to my "center console". i know a place (a friend) that can do the upholstering for cheap so i will give it a try.

for new shoes, i have not decided yet. as you know, im trying to sell my wheels (if you want more details, check "wheels" forum), and mostly likely i will get similar size of 19inch. i was eyeing on the volk racing wheels at first but i will keep looking round....no rush....also considering some vip look type of wheels.

feel free to leave any comments....
Old 01-12-05, 12:09 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Taking the plunge huh Pat???
Sounds good....good luck
Old 01-12-05, 12:20 PM
RX944
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to get my car painted also,i was wondering how much you expect it to cost.
Thanks
Old 01-12-05, 12:38 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
Taking the plunge huh Pat???
Sounds good....good luck
yup, that's right!!.......
Old 01-12-05, 12:39 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Involve me dawg! lol, I wanna see how this unfolds first-hand. Hit me up or pm me and we'll hook up soon. You know what area I stay in
Old 01-12-05, 12:40 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RX944
I need to get my car painted also,i was wondering how much you expect it to cost.
Thanks
well, i dont expect to pay a lot for a good, decent paint job. i was quoted for 1400-up including minor body work. it's not bad and i amjust hoping it will come out nice enough to be "recognized"...
Old 01-12-05, 01:02 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, search the forum and I just posted my cars pictures last week. I did the same color on my sc4, off my LS430 and IS300, the paint code is 1co, just tell the bodyshop that and you will be fine. Trust me, I think this is the best color on SC along with pearl white., it looks really good!
Old 01-12-05, 01:15 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blacksc400
man, search the forum and I just posted my cars pictures last week. I did the same color on my sc4, off my LS430 and IS300, the paint code is 1co, just tell the bodyshop that and you will be fine. Trust me, I think this is the best color on SC along with pearl white., it looks really good!
i search under your screen name but no gallery pics came out...
Old 01-12-05, 01:26 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i'm painting mine white in the next month.. hey indypwr.. i saw that you mentioned you were thinking about the erebuni lip? i've got this one posted in the classifieds for $200 plus shipping.

note: i have the same exact one as below except mine is already prepped and primed by erebuni.. ready to be painted.
Attached Thumbnails getting ready for "extrme make-over".-erebunilip.jpg  
Old 01-12-05, 01:30 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by indypwr
i search under your screen name but no gallery pics came out...
Look in this thead:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145422

Here is a preview:
Old 01-12-05, 02:32 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by 1993SCTT
i'm painting mine white in the next month.. hey indypwr.. i saw that you mentioned you were thinking about the erebuni lip? i've got this one posted in the classifieds for $200 plus shipping.

note: i have the same exact one as below except mine is already prepped and primed by erebuni.. ready to be painted.
OMG that lip looks amazing. Much more agressive than the OEM SC400 lip I have... which is crack... and warped...
Old 01-12-05, 02:57 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DarchMage
the OEM SC400 lip I have... which is crack... and warped...
Most of them are that way man. 12 years of abuse and weather will do that to even the toughest of plastics. I don't think I've ever seen one OEM lip that was still in great shape unless the person dropped major cheddar on a new one recently. You're not alone...
Old 01-12-05, 02:59 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Most of them are that way man. 12 years of abuse and weather will do that to even the toughest of plastics. I don't think I've ever seen one OEM lip that was still in great shape unless the person dropped major cheddar on a new one recently. You're not alone...
Quick question, are the lips every color keyed to match the body? Mine wasn't. Kinda a faded black...
Old 01-12-05, 03:31 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

im sure ill be getting rid of my front lip soon........damn, after the rain the paint just came off and as well as from scrapping all the time...........oh well!
Old 01-12-05, 03:33 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
Look in this thead:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145422

Here is a preview:
tks...your car looks good, bro........nice job!!
i wonder how different it is compared to millenium silver?

Quick Reply: getting ready for "extrme make-over".