SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-05, 01:34 PM
dinh626
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the side skirts come with the door molding piece too?
Old 01-01-05, 01:44 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

oh man, i sooooooooooo want your steering wheel...
Old 01-01-05, 02:14 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

looks good.

how do they attach the rear lip to the car, do they glue it on,. it fits perfect
Old 01-01-05, 02:44 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

it does look good, im also feeling the steering wheel, good job
Old 01-01-05, 04:22 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good, but way too much finger gap. Im REALLY feelin the black mesh in all the holes, really cleans up the front end of the kit. Good job man
Old 01-01-05, 05:07 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoneDaddy
Couldn't leave the interior alone either-

-American Stitches wood/leather wheel
-New OEM mats
-New speaker grilles (oouuchh$$$$$)
how much for the wood/leather wheel from american stitches?
and how long did it take?
Old 01-01-05, 05:36 PM
mungrin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah we wanna know some details about that steering wheel
Old 01-01-05, 06:34 PM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

If you think the wheel LOOKS good, then you should lay your hands on it!! I'm telling ya, if feels incredible! Had 1/8" extra padding added also, providing a thicker grip. I have used American Stitches many times and they are great! It's about $490 when all is said and done, and takes about 3 weeks from the time you send it out until they get it back. I sent a piece of wood from the door panel for color matching. I had purchased a used wheel on eBay to send as a core, and changed it out once it arrived recovered.

As bad as I hate to say it, this SC will be offered for sale next month (sorry, license plate NOT included!). I have 7 rides, and one must go. I hate to part with this SC (for reasons ALL of you can understand), but the others are basically "non-replaceable". Besides, there will be a car seat in my future (March) and I just had to move over to something w/4 doors. I have been contemplating selling the wheel separate, or letting it stand as a selling point for the car. It does make a HUGE difference in the "atmosphere of the (perfect) interior, but whether I realize getting more of the investment returned by selling it with the car may remain to be seen. I searched for months to find a low mile, accident free, paint-work free 95-96 SC4, never dreamin' that I'd have to part with it so soon, but that's how it goes, right? This car represents the culmination of several month's work, time, and money (don't all cars?) to bring it to a level beyond reproach. It's impeccable condition combined with the enhancements will make for a truly rewarding car to own and drive for it's next owner.

Yes, the kit does include the door filler pieces, and the rear wing... well....uh.... it's a bolt-on application. Once the factory lip is removed, the holes all the way across the trunk lid have to be filled and new ones drilled for the spoiler. But I have to admit, that the effort/cost was well worth it. The look is great, just seeing it in pics doesn't do it (or the entire car) justice. To do a walk around would provide a greater sense of how all this, plus the tire/rims, have "changed" the car. Overall, the body kit fitment is great, and I opted for this kit because it resembles the +97 SC's, however, I'm not a big fan of the extra grille added between the headlamps. The smooth and uncluttered nose of the 92-96's is much cleaner, IMO. I had the bumper filled (license plate holes) and resprayed to further clean up the front. The headlamps are original and crystal-clear, as I refinished them, completely removing the haze and yellowing that plagues these cars after a few years. I have to admit, the black mesh is killer. The install process on the front lip was easy, as this was done before it was installed. The center grille's horizontal slats were removed, and the mesh was installed from behind, not too hard. However, the pieces filling the holes beside the driving lights are not for the faint of heart. But it was worth the effort. The look is complete and appears factory installed. Which was my goal for this car- keeping it understated and clean.

I had an Eibach Pro-kit ready to go, but decided against (another potential loss when selling the car) and eBay'd it a while back. Besides, I may have encountered clearance problems (?). So, I assume that "finger gap" was referring to fender gap. Actually, it looks fine in person.....

Initially, I ran a Borla exhaust kit (was very pleased), but returned to (refinished) stock mufflers and the new tips. After I had the resonators (or pre-mufflers) removed, it now sounds just like my wife's FX45, which has an awesome tone. The Borla system has less than 1k on it, and will be available in the classifieds section as soon as I get the pics.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Last edited by BoneDaddy; 01-01-05 at 06:45 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 01-01-05, 06:39 PM
mungrin
Driver

ill give u $500 for that wheel
Old 01-01-05, 06:57 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BoneDaddy
If you think the wheel LOOKS good, then you should lay your hands on it!! I'm telling ya, if feels incredible! Had 1/8" extra padding added also, providing a thicker grip. I have used American Stitches many times and they are great! It's about $490 when all is said and done, and takes about 3 weeks from the time you send it out until they get it back. I sent a piece of wood from the door panel for color matching. I had purchased a used wheel on eBay to send as a core, and changed it out once it arrived recovered.

As bad as I hate to say it, this SC will be offered for sale next month (sorry, license plate NOT included!). I have 7 rides, and one must go. I hate to part with this SC (for reasons ALL of you can understand), but the others are basically "non-replaceable". Besides, there will be a car seat in my future (March) and I just had to move over to something w/4 doors. I have been contemplating selling the wheel separate, or letting it stand as a selling point for the car. It does make a HUGE difference in the "atmosphere of the (perfect) interior, but whether I realize getting more of the investment returned by selling it with the car may remain to be seen. I searched for months to find a low mile, accident free, paint-work free 95-96 SC4, never dreamin' that I'd have to part with it so soon, but that's how it goes, right? This car represents the culmination of several month's work, time, and money (don't all cars?) to bring it to a level beyond reproach. It's impeccable condition combined with the enhancements will make for a truly rewarding car to own and drive for it's next owner.

Yes, the kit does include the door filler pieces, and the rear wing... well....uh.... it's a bolt-on application. Once the factory lip is removed, the holes all the way across the trunk lid have to be filled and new ones drilled for the spoiler. But I have to admit, that the effort/cost was well worth it. The look is great, just seeing it in pics doesn't do it (or the entire car) justice. To do a walk around would provide a greater sense of how all this, plus the tire/rims, have "changed" the car. Overall, the body kit fitment is great, and I opted for this kit because it resembles the +97 SC's, however, I'm not a big fan of the extra grille added between the headlamps. The smooth and uncluttered nose of the 92-96's is much cleaner, IMO. I had the bumper filled (license plate holes) and resprayed to further clean up the front. The headlamps are original and crystal-clear, as I refinished them, completely removing the haze and yellowing that plagues these cars after a few years. I have to admit, the black mesh is killer. The install process on the front lip was easy, as this was done before it was installed. The center grille's horizontal slats were removed, and the mesh was installed from behind, not too hard. However, the pieces filling the holes beside the driving lights are not for the faint of heart. But it was worth the effort. The look is complete and appears factory installed. Which was my goal for this car- keeping it understated and clean.

I had an Eibach Pro-kit ready to go, but decided against (another potential loss when selling the car) and eBay'd it a while back. Besides, I may have encountered clearance problems (?). So, I assume that "finger gap" was referring to fender gap. Actually, it looks fine in person.....

Initially, I ran a Borla exhaust kit (was very pleased), but returned to (refinished) stock mufflers and the new tips. After I had the resonators (or pre-mufflers) removed, it now sounds just like my wife's FX45, which has an awesome tone. The Borla system has less than 1k on it, and will be available in the classifieds section as soon as I get the pics.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Wow, you have a lot invested in that SC. It's a shame you have to let it go.

I'd be interested to know what your other "non-replaceable" rides are.
Old 01-01-05, 07:55 PM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Well, for starters-

I actually have two of these.....
Attached Thumbnails Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...-1961mmrightrear2.jpg  
Old 01-01-05, 08:10 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

My 2 cents:

The upgrades look great and the car is very clean. I think the wing looks a tiny bit out of place due to the fact it doesn't flush up with anything, it just sit's in the air. I am a bit turned off by the 4,000,000 openings in the front end also.

Overall i think you have a wonderful looking car that you have done very well on modifying. As long as it suites your tastes, go for it

It is a bit refreshing to see a change on the Sc's also. I'd probably leave it alone aside of changing to a wing that flushes more to the car.....at least on the sides.
Old 01-02-05, 12:44 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really feelin the rear lip....
Old 01-02-05, 02:19 AM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

nice looking car
Old 01-02-05, 07:03 AM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Technics
I'd be interested to know what your other "non-replaceable" rides are.

Here's another.......
Attached Thumbnails Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...-sierra.jpg  

Quick Reply: Little sumthin' I've been workin' on...