SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

finally found a white SC!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-05, 03:40 PM
Streetking
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guessd
Is that factory exhaust? (the tips at least) If so, looks good.
Yes, factory exhaust with Magniflow tips.

Spencer, those are just the polished wheels..

SW

Last edited by Streetking; 01-02-05 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-03-05, 01:19 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

nice!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-05, 11:18 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot believe a 15 year old girl is riding around in a hotter SC than mine!!! SW you are one cool daddy-o man! I'm sure your girl knows that though. Nice SC by the way...super clean just how I like 'em...one of these days I'll get around to posting pics of my car on CL...when it's ready, lol.
Old 01-04-05, 08:03 PM
Streetking
Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
I cannot believe a 15 year old girl is riding around in a hotter SC than mine!!! SW you are one cool daddy-o man! I'm sure your girl knows that though. Nice SC by the way...super clean just how I like 'em...one of these days I'll get around to posting pics of my car on CL...when it's ready, lol.

Thanks for all the comments. Actually, I have been driving it since I got it! I'm really enjoying it, I may just have to get her another one. She only has her permit to drive with me or my wife in the passenger seat..

SW
Old 01-04-05, 08:06 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

yea you should keep the sc for yourself and let your daughter drive the measely viper or the other TT sc =)
Old 01-04-05, 11:51 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vinh
yea you should keep the sc for yourself and let your daughter drive the measely viper or the other TT sc =)
LOL!!!

Streetking~
What are the offsets on those wheels and the tire sizes? Thanks!!
Old 01-05-05, 09:56 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Streetking
Thanks for all the comments. Actually, I have been driving it since I got it! I'm really enjoying it, I may just have to get her another one. She only has her permit to drive with me or my wife in the passenger seat..

SW
How you can enjoy driving a stock 400 compared to the black turbo SC I don't know, lol. If you're going to get her a different car why not add an IS to the stable? I used to dislike them but lately they've grown on me because of their available mods. I'd never personally get one as I think they're better suited to younger people..but for your daughter it may be the perfect balance of size, performance, and looks. Just a suggestion, plus I know you'd have fun tinkering around with it

If I found an SC that clean I'd probably sell my current one and get that one. Let me ask you this...why only magnaflow tips and not the entire muffler or even another muffler system? Just curious as to what your rationale was as I plan on getting the magnaflows myself.

-Mike
Old 01-05-05, 01:49 PM
Streetking
Driver

How you can enjoy driving a stock 400 compared to the black turbo SC I don't know, lol. If you're going to get her a different car why not add an IS to the stable? I used to dislike them but lately they've grown on me because of their available mods. I'd never personally get one as I think they're better suited to younger people..but for your daughter it may be the perfect balance of size, performance, and looks. Just a suggestion, plus I know you'd have fun tinkering around with it

If I found an SC that clean I'd probably sell my current one and get that one. Let me ask you this...why only magnaflow tips and not the entire muffler or even another muffler system? Just curious as to what your rationale was as I plan on getting the magnaflows myself.

-Mike
I like driving it because I don't have to worry about it. I would never drive any of my other cars in the rain, park in parking lots ect. I put just the tips on because our local muffler shop had them in stock. I may end up putting a system on it.. Whenever I do get my daughter her "own" car, it's probably going to be a BMW X3, for saftey..

SW
Old 01-05-05, 02:00 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

I like driving it because I don't have to worry about it. I would never drive any of my other cars in the rain, park in parking lots ect. I put just the tips on because our local muffler shop had them in stock. I may end up putting a system on it.. Whenever I do get my daughter her "own" car, it's probably going to be a BMW X3, for saftey..

SW
damn baller
doing big things there
what do you do for a living ???
i wan in on that
lol
Old 01-05-05, 05:42 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

SW
I know it must be nice to have a clean beater like that!! lol. Whenever I have to venture to the mall or the market I always try to park far away or near other nice cars because I figure their owners care a little more than your average soccer mom picking up groceries. X3's are nice, again, not a vehicle I personally would choose to drive but very nice nonetheless. Is your daughter well educated in driving etiquitte? Placing her behind the wheel of an SUV, even a small one, may be placing other drivers at risk if she's not properly prepared to operate a vehicle of that size. But, being as you're her father I assume you've already instilled your automotive passion and appreciation into her so that may be a moot point.

As for the muffler tips that makes sense, I thought your final decision may have come due to a deeper decision such as stock exhaust weight vs. aftermarket exhaust weight or what have you. I noticed your turbo SC has regular rotors and not the drilled/slotted ones. I asked why that was as I thought most people opt for the fancy looking swiss-cheese rotors, I was later told by another member that you chose to keep the stock rotors because they actually perform better than D/S rotors. Is that true as well? If so I'll keep my stock rotors as I need all the stopping power I can muster.
Old 01-05-05, 07:01 PM
Streetking
Driver

I know it must be nice to have a clean beater like that!! lol. Whenever I have to venture to the mall or the market I always try to park far away or near other nice cars because I figure their owners care a little more than your average soccer mom picking up groceries. X3's are nice, again, not a vehicle I personally would choose to drive but very nice nonetheless. Is your daughter well educated in driving etiquitte? Placing her behind the wheel of an SUV, even a small one, may be placing other drivers at risk if she's not properly prepared to operate a vehicle of that size. But, being as you're her father I assume you've already instilled your automotive passion and appreciation into her so that may be a moot point.

As for the muffler tips that makes sense, I thought your final decision may have come due to a deeper decision such as stock exhaust weight vs. aftermarket exhaust weight or what have you. I noticed your turbo SC has regular rotors and not the drilled/slotted ones. I asked why that was as I thought most people opt for the fancy looking swiss-cheese rotors, I was later told by another member that you chose to keep the stock rotors because they actually perform better than D/S rotors. Is that true as well? If so I'll keep my stock rotors as I need all the stopping power I can muster.

My daughter can drive pretty well already. She has raced shifter carts for two years but has given it up for high school "stuff" ..

Unless they are Brembo drilled rotors, I do prefer standard/slotted rotors, since they won't crack.

SW
Old 01-06-05, 07:45 PM
PM Supra
Driver

Funny, this guy is so excited about his cheapy car.
Old 01-08-05, 10:39 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Great find, that is one clean SC!!
Old 01-09-05, 12:01 AM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

very nice car indeed congrats
Old 01-09-05, 02:50 PM
sweaty555
Driver School Candidate

Default Sweeeeett Ride!!!!!

Yeah fellas I saw the car front and in person this morning and I'm telling ya'll pictures dont do this car justice after seeing it in person. Great job on the car SW.