SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

so, campus security just told me someone tried stealing my car...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-04, 11:32 AM
CytrikAcyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so, campus security just told me someone tried stealing my car...

looks like they couldn't get mine (Thank you Toyota) and went on to the custom silver painted last gen Caprice on 20's with full interior work about 100 feet away. Luckily I cam out to find a barely damaged car. The other dude came out as I was leaving to find some busted glass on the ground... I seriously WISH I woulda caught em in the act... Every second spent at the gym woulda gone into making them PAY.... for their underhanded actions... I don't give a how big they were. Adrenaline woulda been on my side. But actually, I know they weren't TOO big, seeing as how they climbed in through the window... At least they know the alarm woulda gone off the second you unlock the door from the inside.

just took these when I got home. good thing the camera wasn't IN the car at the time like it USUALLY is...

dark from them dusting for prints...

[IMGhttps://www.clublexus.com/gallery/data/500/13786car_thieves_5.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-08-04 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-08-04, 11:43 AM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

oh man, good thing your car wasn't taken, but too bad for the other guy's car

btw, i can't see the pics, i only see x's
Old 12-08-04, 11:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

cytric,

Glad they didnt get away with your car.

I've edited your post for language. I know you're upset but you can still make your point with cursing and getting around the language editor. You pictures aren't showing up because you put cursewords in the the image titles. I'm chyanging the file names in the gallery so you can reference them
Old 12-08-04, 11:48 AM
CytrikAcyd

Originally posted by DaveGS4
cytric,

Glad they didnt get away with your car.

I've edited your post for language. I know you're upset but you can still make your point with cursing and getting around the language editor. You pictures aren't showing up because you put cursewords in the the image titles. I'm chyanging the file names in the gallery so you can reference them
sorry... just really upset right now... I just WISH I coulda caught em trying to take it

btw, I changed the filenames and reloaded em... so you can just delete the others

Last edited by CytrikAcyd; 12-08-04 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-08-04, 11:51 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow man, that really sucks. Atleast the damage done to your car was very minimal. I thought that them breaking the window would have set the alarm off...

Which school do you go to?
Old 12-08-04, 11:52 AM
CytrikAcyd

Originally posted by mteele
Wow man, that really sucks. Atleast the damage done to your car was very minimal. I thought that them breaking the window would have set the alarm off...

Which school do you go to?
SPC til I go back to Detroit, MI for school
Old 12-08-04, 11:56 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Oh, and not sure where in FL you are but our former forum moderator (myLexusSC300 now anthracitetarga) had his Supra stolen from Rollins College in FL last pm too.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=143188
Old 12-08-04, 12:08 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Geez two cars and almost a third all in one night What was it "fat tuesday's" and everyone was celebrating?

Glad to hear you only lost a trim piece and a window. you were very lucky. NOW is the time to do the pinswitch relay mod to your ignition wire.

instructions:

Go to the firewall (all the way to the firewall) and cut the starter trigger wire in half, install a SPST relay and a pinswitch near the footwell in an area just above the pedal so you have to reach just a tad to hit it with your foot. When your foot hit's the switch under the carpet it will connect the starter wire and you can turn the key. When your foot isn't on it, it isn't connected and the car cannot be started.

It is just a momentary pinswitch that is only "on" when you touch it. by grabbing the starter at the firewall, they cannot jump it from the ignition switch since you have broken the connection to the starter and far enough away that they cannot find out where.

The farther you go away from the ignition switch, the harder it is to steal. (alarms do not work, as most installers grab AT the switch and you just bypass the relay the installers put in)

it is simple and absolutely foolproof. if the starter doesn't have power, the car is going to be awfully hard to steal pushing it down the road. I repeat, alarms do not work, waste of money, installers ALWAYS grab at the switch and break the connection with a relay, WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO?? I mean, if i am a thief i am looking strait at the problem... "this outta be easy to fix"

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-08-04 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-08-04, 12:17 PM
CytrikAcyd

Originally posted by O. L. T.
Geez two cars and almost a third all in one night What was it "fat tuesday's" and everyone was celebrating?

Glad to hear you only lost a trim piece and a window. you were very lucky. NOW is the time to do the pinswitch relay mod to your ignition wire.

instructions:

Go to the firewall (all the way to the firewall) and cut the starter trigger wire in half, install a SPST relay and a pinswitch near the footwell in an area just above the pedal so you have to reach just a tad to hit it with your foot. When your foot hit's the switch under the carpet it will connect the starter wire and you can turn the key. When your foot isn't on it, it isn't connected and the car cannot be started.

It is just a momentary pinswitch that is only "on" when you touch it. by grabbing the starter at the firewall, they cannot jump it from the ignition switch since you have broken the connection to the starter and far enough away that they cannot find out where.

The farther you go away from the ignition switch, the harder it is to steal. (alarms do not work, as most installers grab AT the switch and you just bypass the relay the installers put in)

it is simple and absolutely foolproof. if the starter doesn't have power, the car is going to be awfully hard to steal pushing it down the road. I repeat, alarms do not work, waste of money, installers ALWAYS grab at the switch and break the connection with a relay, WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO?? I mean, if i am a thief i am looking strait at the problem... "this outta be easy to fix"
SWEET!!!!!!!! thanks man
Old 12-08-04, 01:28 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

instructions:

Again, u manage to surprise me!! Nice write-up. Hit me up on PM with your phone number.

Cytric,

Hey man - that is some serious BS. I hate grimey little thiefs - they deserve their asses wooped. Just glad the car is still pretty much ok.

Peace,
Jonny

Last edited by Dx3; 12-08-04 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-08-04, 03:35 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did cops get any decent fingerprints? Keep us updated.
Old 12-08-04, 03:52 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

fingerprints are worthless unless the person has ever been arrested. Some cities do not have fingerprint databases to the outside either, their department runs on the fingerprints THEY collect.
Old 12-08-04, 04:03 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry about your problems. Keep us posted.

Ed
Old 12-08-04, 04:21 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

their department runs on the fingerprints THEY collect.
Worthless
Old 12-08-04, 04:53 PM
CytrikAcyd

Originally posted by SliderSC
Did cops get any decent fingerprints? Keep us updated.
not really... the only prints they really pulled were from the outside of the door and I'm not sure those aren't mine or the girl that I was with Saturday night

Quick Reply: so, campus security just told me someone tried stealing my car...