SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

First encounter w/silver 02 SC430 vs my 93 SC400! results!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-01, 10:23 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my way to work this morning, I saw this rounded silver car moving up quickly behind me. An old silver headed man armed w/his 2002 SC430 came to the side of me on the onramp for I280 in the bay area.

He looked over at me and scoffed, (Oh..that's the "OLD" car). I responded by letting out a thunderous roar from my exhaust. We both looked ahead at the lights waiting for the green.

Green hit and we both took off. I actually got some tirespin off the pavement(a little wet)..but got one of my better launches.(keep in mind, I'm only running intake, exhaust and torque converter). He's got 50HP more than me and 10 years more technology in the car.

I actually got up half a car length ahead of him up the upramp. He did NOT have enough power to just pull ahead at 60 so he had to concede behind me to merge onto the freeway. (From my estimation the SC430 is not quicker than a GS4. Not sure about the GS430) (small victory)

BUT...after we got on the freeway...he took OFF!
Definitely a highway car. He changed lanes and took off and pulled away pretty handily. THe car was incredibly smooth sounding and slick. Definitely the front of the car is the attractive part. The back is HIDEOUS.

I stayed close to him (about 2 car lengths) and then he hit traffic, I weaved through traffic much faster than him and he never caught up. Had it been a better driver then that old dude..I probably wouldn't have caught up.

Nice car though.

To those buying the SC430:

THe car DOES look better in silver and a change of rims will do it much better. I'd also recommend a longer(yet still soft) spoiler which would really help the overall look of the car.-my two cents.

Anthracite SC
a.k.a. Spirithome

p.s. Did any of you catch the MTV CRIBS "car edition" show the other day? Latrell Sprewell, and Coolio both have the SC430. Black and Red respectively. Both of them put on 20 inch wheels on the car. Man..did it look GHETTO.

Old 04-23-01, 11:01 AM
exsilio

Talking damn old driver

#1 I could care less what some spoiled NBA thugs drive. Especially when they Ghetto out a car...very lame.

#2 Damn old man should not mess with things he knows not. Anybody can press an accelerator.

#3 I agree with you, it is more of a highway car, and the reason is obvious...it was 3840 pounds!!!! Ouch! :eek:

Once this car does get going it is a monster, but straight out of the gates that weight is just gonna hold it back too much.

#4 I also agree with you about the rims. I am supposed to pick up my car this week, and I already have an appointment next Monday to swap out the rims. The stock rims are nasty.

#5 Regarding the spoiler, I would be interested in seeing if someone could develop a longer spoiler, as long as it was done tastefully.

Thanks for the post, love to hear this stuff.

Silver on Black On it's Way!!!

- ex
Old 04-23-01, 11:38 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Rims rims rims

1sicklex. You're right...the black sprewell SC430 is better...but dubs can only go w/certain cars...

The 430 doesn't look good on dubs. Those rims LOOK GOOD by themselves..but it just depends on the car...

Anyone...everyone's opinion..is different and taste is too..so no big deal.

But tha SC430 was pretty nimble for my taste.

I don't think I'd buy it though.

Anthracite SC
Old 04-24-01, 05:48 PM
Slick Lex Coupe
Driver

I think the SC430 would look good with either the M1 or the M1 Evo from L-Sportsline. Those rims are real nice.
Old 04-24-01, 08:19 PM
exsilio

Default hey slick

What do you think about these? They may not be the L Sportslines, but then again, I'm not rollin' for hoes!

Please vote, before or after.

Thanks in advance for the help. YOUR VOTE MATTERS!
BEFORE

AFTER

Thanks again!
Old 04-24-01, 08:58 PM
VeilsideRSPsc
Driver

to each his own. 'nuff said.

-brian
'92 turbo veilside rsp sc300
'01 stock silver is300