SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

URGHh! got another dent on my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-04, 11:57 PM
MikeysSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry URGHh! got another dent on my car!!!

I'm soo pissed!!! went to lunch, came out and BAM!!! . . theres a biga$$ door ding right behind my driverside headlight. . . this really killed my day sorry just wanted to vent!
Old 03-09-04, 12:21 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

join the club, my drivers door was hit by a white vehicle today and actually managed to drag into the sheetmetal it was slung open so hard. leaving a 3 inch crease in the door that is visible from neptune.

As we all know, SC's are slick as glass so anything shows up like a baseball bat hit it, which ... isn't too far off the damage i recieved today. the worst door impact i have ever seen.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 03-09-04 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-09-04, 07:18 AM
JFlo
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear it guys, but it sounds like it is SC hunting season. Last week I came out from the mall to find that someone with a trailer hitch backed into my right rear quarter panel. As you can guess, they did not leave any info for me. Just a smooth grand or so worth of needed repairs.
Old 03-09-04, 08:19 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mikey, is the paint damaged as well? It sounds like something a Dent Wizard may be able to handle for you.
Old 03-09-04, 10:04 AM
MikeysSC
Lead Lap

I wish it was only paint damage heres some pics i took this morning. . you can really notice the two dents. . it sucks because i cant really do anything about it! and the last one with the rest of the door dings

Old 03-09-04, 10:19 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb door dings

Man, if you guys are in Southern Cal (like the Huntington Beach/Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area) I may be of help. I'm trying to dig up the number of a guy I know who does great door ding removal work. He's mobile and from what I remember his prices are darn near unbeatable. I had a ding just like Mikey's a few months or so ago (got hit by a ball at a golf course, ouch!!) I thought I was seriously gonna cry or kill the nearest person to my car. I called dude up and he came out, did the work while I was in my office with my car in the parking lot, about an hour or so later...presto! No more ding, not only that, he also removed about 4 other "minor" dings that I could barely see!!! And he charged me less than $100 to do it. I couldn't find any shop that could do the work for that price, let alone come to me and work around my schedule. This guys is the shiznit. I have his number at home and was planning on digging it up for HotBoy, but once I find it (later tonite definitely) I will call the guy and ask him if it's cool that I post his info in our club. He should have no issues with it as it'll result in money in his pockets and a fleet of ding-less cars for us. I'll post something by Friday to let everyone know. I'm on it now that I see there's a definite need. In the meantime maybe you all should buy some of those 4-foot long foam strips (like a foam 2X4) and fasten them to the sides of your cars from headlight to rear quarterpanel, that should absord some of the impact and protect your doors from anymore "doordingers"...j/k...
Old 03-09-04, 12:29 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

That sucks. I know how it feels.

If it's any consolation, you can take it to a Dent Magic, Dent Doctor, or Dent Wizard service and have them remove the dent for $75.00 per panel.

I had a dent (a bit smaller than yours) removed by them and even as **** as I am, I can't even tell there was a dent there.

Good luck.

Jon

Originally posted by MikeysSC
I wish it was only paint damage heres some pics i took this morning. . you can really notice the two dents. . it sucks because i cant really do anything about it! and the last one with the rest of the door dings

Old 03-09-04, 12:48 PM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

i tried that dent king thing it doesnt work it just leaves a hard to take off glue spot on your car and its a waste of money.

-abboushi
Old 03-09-04, 12:51 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I am not talking about Dent King. I have one in the trunk of my BMW. I smashed it with a hammer because it didn't do anything.

Dent Wizard, Doctor, or Magic is a professional chain company that works for either dealers or independently fixing dents/dings on cars.

I've had various dents/dings removed on my car before. They ranged from a little rice sized dings to quarter sized dents before. Their work is amazing and the price is usually about $75.00 per panel.

Jon

Originally posted by abboushi
i tried that dent king thing it doesnt work it just leaves a hard to take off glue spot on your car and its a waste of money.

-abboushi
Old 03-10-04, 09:48 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: door dings

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Man, if you guys are in Southern Cal (like the Huntington Beach/Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area) I may be of help. I'm trying to dig up the number of a guy I know who does great door ding removal work.

Mike,

My office is on the corner of Jamboree and MacArthur. I have practically no dings now since my restore, but would certainly like to have this guys info for future reference. I too have a fear of dings; I should take a picture of my parking lot, my car is all the way in the far corner of the lot by itself.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 03-10-04, 11:18 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Ryan! Haven't seen you post in a while! You have a PM.
Old 03-10-04, 03:40 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Just to let you guys know... almost every state has a "paintless dent repair shop". I had the same problem. Got all the dings and dents out for $150. Not a big deal.
Old 03-10-04, 03:59 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default dent

I'll chime in too. I had one almost the size of Mikey's. Dent wizard took it out and all the others on that panel. It was more than the $75 advertized price because it required more work. Cost $129. They are sc savers.
Old 03-10-04, 07:01 PM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Wow it really is SC hunting season, I have a huge skratch going from my passenger fender to my rear quarter, my brother left a wooden birdhouse touching it, so when i backed up, it was over. Best prices im getting is $800 to repaint the 3 panels and pull dents I have. BTW, I live in L.A.
Old 03-19-04, 03:52 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

check my post on "door ding removal in So Cal"...hope it helps...

Quick Reply: URGHh! got another dent on my car!!!