RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Map POI Detailed Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-15, 02:34 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map POI Detailed Info

Reading the manual it says that if you hover the cursor over a POI on the map, for example a fast food place, the info for it will display at the top of the screen. This does not seem to be the case for me. What am I missing?
TIA
Old 05-06-15, 07:10 PM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Click on it. If you're a good "shot", it will offer info like the phone number, address, and perhapse something else that I've eft out.
Old 05-07-15, 05:06 PM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by NateJG
Click on it. If you're a good "shot", it will offer info like the phone number, address, and perhapse something else that I've eft out.
I figured it out now. Thanks. You have to click, see a little info up top. Click on that for more.
Old 05-07-15, 06:25 PM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Have you also discovered Lexus Enform? You can load your destinations from your livingroom chair; and have them download to your car when you start it up.

I love it.
Old 05-08-15, 05:03 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Have you also discovered Lexus Enform? You can load your destinations from your livingroom chair; and have them download to your car when you start it up.

I love it.
I've not checked this out yet. Is there a fee or subscription to use the service? Do I have to download an app on my phone? Must my phone be connected via USB, or is BT ok?
I had a similar feature on my Cadillac and like being able to send destinations to the car from my computer or tablet. Very handy.
Old 05-08-15, 05:24 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dadofruth
I've not checked this out yet. Is there a fee or subscription to use the service? Do I have to download an app on my phone? Must my phone be connected via USB, or is BT ok?
I had a similar feature on my Cadillac and like being able to send destinations to the car from my computer or tablet. Very handy.
Here's the overview to answer your questions: http://www.lexus.com/enform/
Old 05-08-15, 05:49 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by BertL
Here's the overview to answer your questions: http://www.lexus.com/enform/
I see that sending destinations requires a subscription
I also that the remote app is NOT available for my vehicle.
I have downloaded the app for now. Thanks for the link and information
Old 05-08-15, 09:49 AM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Dad: you got it.

IIRC, your car is very close in specs to mine. You'll want Enform Destinations - $260/ yr.

You can do everything except remote start (that's a hardware upgrade of over $650 plus a subscription).

With Destinations you can get navigation help from a live person. I've found it handy.

The phone app is for iPhone iPad android. It works well.

I had an android when I bought the car. It worked until Lexus updated their Enform - and my phone wasn't up to it. I updated to an iPhone 5 and am happy with the utility/connectivity.

One surprising benefit: We listen to books on CD while traveling. I use Waze for traffic alerts. The bluetooth connection (another of your questions) of Waze actually pauses the playback of the CD while Waze speaks the traffic alert!

So, we don't miss anything on the CD - which lessens Wifie's objections to the frequent alerts.

I am a Barbershopper - and I practice my part when alone in the car. The BT connection between iPhone 5s and the car's stereo let's me see my lists of tunes, repeat, shuffle, etc.

Enform connects to IHeart radio, Pandora, and other stuff that I don't use (like Facebook and OpenTable, etc).

I've simply resigned myself to making 13 car payments a year - or so it seems that way when you add in the Enform and an update of the navigation software.

I have also added a Valentine One with Remote and SAVVY (that I use with the android phone that the iPhone replaced), so I'm pretty well entertained when driving.

BTW: I'm now at 27.2 MPG for 31K miles (I live in Michigan; however in order to run up 31K in 18 months, several out-of-state trips South are included) - and yes, the dashboard estimated MPG is accurate to within 1% of actual - per my very detailed spreadsheet. I get about 27+ MPG on the freeway at never-below-posted speeds. Now that we're getting summer blend E10, I'm getting 29+ around town.
Old 05-09-15, 06:36 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Dad: you got it.

IIRC, your car is very close in specs to mine. You'll want Enform Destinations - $260/ yr.

You can do everything except remote start (that's a hardware upgrade of over $650 plus a subscription).

With Destinations you can get navigation help from a live person. I've found it handy.

The phone app is for iPhone iPad android. It works well.

I had an android when I bought the car. It worked until Lexus updated their Enform - and my phone wasn't up to it. I updated to an iPhone 5 and am happy with the utility/connectivity.

One surprising benefit: We listen to books on CD while traveling. I use Waze for traffic alerts. The bluetooth connection (another of your questions) of Waze actually pauses the playback of the CD while Waze speaks the traffic alert!

So, we don't miss anything on the CD - which lessens Wifie's objections to the frequent alerts.

I am a Barbershopper - and I practice my part when alone in the car. The BT connection between iPhone 5s and the car's stereo let's me see my lists of tunes, repeat, shuffle, etc.

Enform connects to IHeart radio, Pandora, and other stuff that I don't use (like Facebook and OpenTable, etc).

I've simply resigned myself to making 13 car payments a year - or so it seems that way when you add in the Enform and an update of the navigation software.

I have also added a Valentine One with Remote and SAVVY (that I use with the android phone that the iPhone replaced), so I'm pretty well entertained when driving.

BTW: I'm now at 27.2 MPG for 31K miles (I live in Michigan; however in order to run up 31K in 18 months, several out-of-state trips South are included) - and yes, the dashboard estimated MPG is accurate to within 1% of actual - per my very detailed spreadsheet. I get about 27+ MPG on the freeway at never-below-posted speeds. Now that we're getting summer blend E10, I'm getting 29+ around town.
I listen to audiobooks on my iPhone often but not on CD. I don't have unlimited data and am leery about using services like Pandora in the car. That aside, I don't have a need. Waze is another story. I'm only about 200 miles into my RX so far and the dash says around 28 MPG. I've reset it, and the number after fueling is about the same. I drive mixed suburban for the most part with little highway. I'm not convinced on the Enform just yet, as I will not be getting alot of use from the NAV right now. That may change. I used to drive alot for work, but have recently changed jobs and am close to home nearly all of the time.
Old 05-09-15, 02:15 PM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Understood.

I have a 3 Gig data plan with a year freebie of another 2 Gig.

I usually don't use Pandora or IHeart until I approach the end of the billing cycle and have a surplus - however a friend has done some research and claims that it takes about 48 hours of Pandora to use up 1 Gig.

I used to use up much of my data in my last car when using the iPad for navigation - not needed now with the onboard Nav.

I have no concept of data use with Waze yet.

You could ignore half of the features of the car - and still enjoy it a lot!

I trust you'll be as enamored with yours as I am with mine.