RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Stereo too loud in front too low in back.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-15, 07:41 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Stereo too loud in front too low in back.

I finally got tired of the sound not being balanced on my 2015 RX 350. I found it takes an adjustment of 3 clicks to the rear speakers and one click to the left to balance the sound. You then have to turn the volume up and finally you have sound that is not over powered by the front speakers.
Old 05-04-15, 06:10 AM
justin1203
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has dealer looked at it? Mine sits in the absolute center and never sounds overpowering in the front. For what it's worth, mine is a 2010 non-ML Nav.
Old 05-04-15, 07:39 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe I've moved every one of my Lexi sound settings slightly back from center the day I brought the vehicle home and began adjusting things. I don't believe I've changed left-and-right in every one of my Nakamichi (back-in-the-day) or Mark Levinson systems -- I just went out and checked, and my 2013 RX450h is sitting in the center of left-and-right, and back only two clicks.

Isn't it great we can make such a simple setting to customize sound systems to our own personal preferences?
Old 05-04-15, 06:28 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Originally Posted by BertL
I believe I've moved every one of my Lexi sound settings slightly back from center the day I brought the vehicle home and began adjusting things. I don't believe I've changed left-and-right in every one of my Nakamichi (back-in-the-day) or Mark Levinson systems -- I just went out and checked, and my 2013 RX450h is sitting in the center of left-and-right, and back only two clicks.

Isn't it great we can make such a simple setting to customize sound systems to our own personal preferences?

I agree, but I don't understand why on neutral settings I can't hear the rear speakers. This is my third third generation lease and it has been pretty much the same with all of three of them. Maybe it's because there are more speakers in front than in back.
Old 05-04-15, 07:33 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Marqevans
...Maybe it's because there are more speakers in front than in back.
Yes, I suspect so. But for me, it's an easy setting change to make the sound like I want, no different than I have on my home multi-thousand-dollar surround systems in each of my homes for years.

Honestly though, since my Retriever (dog) is in the back seat of my RX most of the time with me, and she's very sensitive to loud noises, I keep the sound level down more than I probably otherwise would in the overall vehicle -- even with my shifting the balance to the rear just a bit to better suit my own tastes. I suspect if I had young children with very sensitive ears during their development phase, I'd be even more concerned to do the same. ...but I'm thankful for the ability to make the change just the same in my Lexus as well as my former BMW and present MBZ.

I know having to make the little setting change is bugging you, but for me, it's not a big deal. We each have things that bug us and I get that. I guess I've been tweaking balance and fade since I was a teenager with my old portable LP player (yup, like a plastic boom box that played 33-RPM records -- I wonder how many folks here remember those good 'ol days) in my bedroom back in the 60's, so it has not bothered me to do the same with my progressively more expensive and technical sound systems in my apts, homes and vehicles the last 40+ years. ...ah, what one's age will do bringing along philosophical views -- and I'm not even 60 yet.
Old 05-04-15, 08:30 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Originally Posted by BertL
Yes, I suspect so. But for me, it's an easy setting change to make the sound like I want, no different than I have on my home multi-thousand-dollar surround systems in each of my homes for years.

Honestly though, since my Retriever (dog) is in the back seat of my RX most of the time with me, and she's very sensitive to loud noises, I keep the sound level down more than I probably otherwise would in the overall vehicle -- even with my shifting the balance to the rear just a bit to better suit my own tastes. I suspect if I had young children with very sensitive ears during their development phase, I'd be even more concerned to do the same. ...but I'm thankful for the ability to make the change just the same in my Lexus as well as my former BMW and present MBZ.

I know having to make the little setting change is bugging you, but for me, it's not a big deal. We each have things that bug us and I get that. I guess I've been tweaking balance and fade since I was a teenager with my old portable LP player (yup, like a plastic boom box that played 33-RPM records -- I wonder how many folks here remember those good 'ol days) in my bedroom back in the 60's, so it has not bothered me to do the same with my progressively more expensive and technical sound systems in my apts, homes and vehicles the last 40+ years. ...ah, what one's age will do bringing along philosophical views -- and I'm not even 60 yet.
Hey I still have the first 45's I bought to play on one of those things! LOL. At least on my 65 Chevy SS when I had a rear speaker installed for the AM radio I could hear it!