RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Considering CPO '13 RX450H

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-15, 10:30 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering CPO '13 RX450H

I'm looking at buying a 2013 CPO RX450H with 13K miles. Price is 46,495. The car is loaded, well mostly. It doesn't have the luxury package and so no heated steering wheel. It does have nav, prem audio,, 19' wheels, comfort package, parking assist, premium package, HID, and a few other things. The vehicle really looks brand new inside and out. There are few small stone chips on the hood, but that's it. Everything I've read says that it's a good buy in terms of reliability and owner satisfaction. It certainly has all the bells and whistles imo. The hybrid gives increased fuel economy as well. New it was probably around $60K. Seems like a great deal. Lexus is offering 1.9% for 5 years. The only thing I can see bad is the 5 year loan on a 2 year old car. If I keep it that long, I've got a 7-8 year old luxury vehicle. I generally go about 2-3 years, but keep looking to stay in one for much longer. I'm ready to pull the trigger, but wanted to get some feedback here. TIA
EDIT: I test drove it yesterday and the air conditioner was more like a fan. I would imagine that's an easy fix. Should that be of concern?

Last edited by Dadofruth; 04-15-15 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-15-15, 10:43 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

With the aggressive lease rates Lexus has on these, and the fact that you usually only go 2-3 years, you may be able to get a lower monthly payment than this CPO on a brand new RX. Would you consider a lease?
Old 04-15-15, 10:45 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDR76
With the aggressive lease rates Lexus has on these, and the fact that you usually only go 2-3 years, you may be able to get a lower monthly payment than this CPO on a brand new RX. Would you consider a lease?
I like the loaded hybrid and it's barely used. I feel that a similarly equipped new lease would be pretty steep. I'm not averse to a lease at all, but there's something to be said for financing IF you stay in it. The MPG on the gas version is a turn off for me.
Old 04-15-15, 10:51 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Now they are willing to make a deal where my payment will not increase from my current loan. I'm sold. There's no reason not to.
Old 04-15-15, 11:03 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Then congratulations are in order, and be sure to post some pictures once you take delivery!
Old 04-15-15, 11:05 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDR76
Then congratulations are in order, and be sure to post some pictures once you take delivery!
Thank you very much! I can't believe how this deal came together. I feel very fortunate. I hope I can sleep tonight. It will likely be next week before I take delivery, as I'm busy with work and there's some prep to be done. I will be sure to post pics and look forward to participating in the discussion(s) here.
Old 04-15-15, 01:26 PM
gusar
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dadofruth
EDIT: I test drove it yesterday and the air conditioner was more like a fan. I would imagine that's an easy fix. Should that be of concern?
AC may not be very easy fix and can be a pain in future...
Old 04-15-15, 02:27 PM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by gusar
AC may not be very easy fix and can be a pain in future...
This is a CPO so they have to fix it before the deal is final for sure. In addition I will have a 3 year CPO warranty. Should I still be concerned?
Old 04-15-15, 02:47 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Personally I would not be concerned about it at all. Just have them address it now and let your warranty cover any future issues.
Old 04-15-15, 03:22 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

That didn't take long, Dadofruth. Congrats on your 450h. Can you elaborate on the fan description? The AC is electric and sounds different when the gas engine turns off. If you're referring to strength, definitely have the dealer check it out before you take delivery. Hopefully it's nothing major. Good luck.
Old 04-15-15, 04:29 PM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
That didn't take long, Dadofruth. Congrats on your 450h. Can you elaborate on the fan description? The AC is electric and sounds different when the gas engine turns off. If you're referring to strength, definitely have the dealer check it out before you take delivery. Hopefully it's nothing major. Good luck.
It was fast indeed. The sales lady just kept calling me with a better offer, and another. In 24 hours we went down ALOT!
The AC is simply not cooling very well. Fan speed is not an issue, just blowing sort of cool air but not cold as it should be. Years ago I would have said freon. These days I have no clue. I suspect it's not an involved repair.
Old 04-16-15, 10:36 AM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Your new car sounds like mine from your description.

I LOVE mine! I've had it for 17 months and 30K miles ( bought new ); and I average 27.x MPG cumulative. It's now Springing int Spring here in Michigan; and this half-tank is presently 31.3 MPG.

Your A/C fan observation is likely simply that the compressor is not On (is a silly menu choice) - while most "normal" cars have a push button on/off choice (Lexus: Are you reading this?!?).

Once you get used to driving the boat-like or small aircraft-like engine connection with speed, you'll likely really enjoy the smoothness.

My biggest complaint (and I'm happy with such a small complaint) is that the darned pedestrian warning noise is louder than the engine noise from any of my other cars - which I find a bit embarassing, as it turns heads.

Congratulations; and I trust/hope that you're as satisfied with yours as am I with mine.
Old 04-16-15, 03:09 PM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by NateJG
Your new car sounds like mine from your description.

I LOVE mine! I've had it for 17 months and 30K miles ( bought new ); and I average 27.x MPG cumulative. It's now Springing int Spring here in Michigan; and this half-tank is presently 31.3 MPG.

Your A/C fan observation is likely simply that the compressor is not On (is a silly menu choice) - while most "normal" cars have a push button on/off choice (Lexus: Are you reading this?!?).

Once you get used to driving the boat-like or small aircraft-like engine connection with speed, you'll likely really enjoy the smoothness.

My biggest complaint (and I'm happy with such a small complaint) is that the darned pedestrian warning noise is louder than the engine noise from any of my other cars - which I find a bit embarassing, as it turns heads.

Congratulations; and I trust/hope that you're as satisfied with yours as am I with mine.
Thanks for the feedback. Are you using premium fuel? I need to figure out that one.
Old 04-16-15, 04:17 PM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Absolutely.

That requirement was a surprise that I learned AFTER I had committed to buying the car. I had passed on buying a 2010 RX350 simply because of the poor gas mileage and premium fuel requirements; but since the predicted MPG of the '13 RXh was still better than my German car being replaced, I went ahead with the purchase.

No regrets.
Old 04-17-15, 10:56 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing about the AC: If the car is in ECO mode, the AC won't feel as cold as you're used to (same thing goes for winter - Don't use eco mode in winter as the car will never get warm)

Quick Reply: Considering CPO '13 RX450H