RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

AC Cabin Filter & Homelink

Old 04-02-15, 06:42 AM
masksav
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink issue solved!!!

Help!!
Just purchased a used 2014 RX350 that was previously owned by a smoker. I've fully cleaned the interior and even had it deioned . The smell seems to have gone away but as a last step I want to replace the cabin air filter. The 2014 appears to be different then my previous RX's. I've removed the manual tray but cant seem to get the cover off to replace the filter (L shaped). Anybody know how the heck to get this thing off without breaking it?
On a different note I've tried to program my Homelink but to no avail.......
I Have a Genie Pro max opener that's about 13 years old. My remote is a new Genie 37335R which works fine to open the doors (2 of them) I've tried everything
Cleared Homelink memory
Used remote to program Homelink
Waited until the light on home link blinked fast
Checked Homelink to make sure the remote programed it by checking light to make sure it was solid
Also tried waited until lights on remote turned red/green then programed it into Homelink
The pushed learning button on the back of the opener
Then pushed home link button 3 times I've paused 1 second between pushed I've paused 2 second...I've paused 3 seconds
I do clear out Homelink each time and check to see that it's reprogramed each attempt
Still nothing
I called Homelink tech support....That turned out to be a complete waste of time
The only thing I can think of is there's an issue using the new Genie 37335R remote
My issues seems to be that neither of my garage doors are communicating with Homelink
As a note my previous 4 RX's as well as my previous LS and my present CLK350 all programed and worked perfect
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Last edited by masksav; 04-07-15 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-02-15, 07:04 AM
gusar
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the L-shaped shelf - pull it up hard at the left side. It will pop up. Then pull it to the left.
The filter cover as I remember - pull up and right. It will be easier. Don't forget to set AC to "circulation" before you start.

I wasn't be able to make Homelink working with my condo remote gate and garage opener You are not along here.
Old 04-02-15, 07:08 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by gusar
For the L-shaped shelf - pull it up hard at the left side. It will pop up. Then pull it to the left.
The filter cover as I remember - pull up and right. It will be easier. Don't forget to set AC to "circulation" before you start.

I wasn't be able to make Homelink working with my condo remote gate and garage opener You are not along here.
just curious, wht must you set it on circulation?
Old 04-02-15, 07:13 AM
gusar
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexus114
just curious, wht must you set it on circulation?
It's in manual. Set on circulation first and then replace filter. I did.
Old 04-02-15, 07:15 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

It's in manual. Set on circulation first and then replace filter. I did.
huh? thats weird. thanks.
Old 04-02-15, 10:18 AM
masksav
Driver School Candidate

Not sure what you mean???? There's the shelf that the owners manual sits on. That comes out pretty easy. I'm referring to the cover in front of the cabin air filter at the back of the glove box. The cover is L shaped with a 45 degree angle on the left side. At the 45, the piece is maybe an inch long and points to the back of the car the back part of it about 8 inchs long going side to side. I for the life of me cant get it off. The right rear corner comes lose but something appears to be holding it in place in the middle and leftside
Old 04-02-15, 11:17 AM
masksav
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by masksav
Not sure what you mean???? There's the shelf that the owners manual sits on. That comes out pretty easy. I'm referring to the cover in front of the cabin air filter at the back of the glove box. The cover is L shaped with a 45 degree angle on the left side. At the 45, the piece is maybe an inch long and points to the back of the car the back part of it about 8 inchs long going side to side. I for the life of me cant get it off. The right rear corner comes lose but something appears to be holding it in place in the middle and leftside
Looks like I may have found my answer. In the owners manual it says to push up on the cover from the bottom and out.
Old 04-02-15, 12:01 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Try going to homelink.com it will give you a menu where you can look up ur garage door opener to see if it's compatible with ur car. Hope this helps
Old 04-02-15, 12:29 PM
masksav
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stereorob
Try going to homelink.com it will give you a menu where you can look up ur garage door opener to see if it's compatible with ur car. Hope this helps
Thanks for the advice. I actually called them and talked to tech support.........They were worthless!
According to them everything should work. I'm now suspecting that the new remote doesn't play well with the Homelink and the old opener even though the new remote will open the door. I'm thinking the signal sent from the remote to Homelink is to fast and short. I've got 1 of the old style remotes on the way and hopeful that will fix the issue......
Stay tuned
Old 04-02-15, 12:51 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Changing the cabin filter:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ir-filter.html

Homelink issue:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ity-2-0-a.html

Both from the FAQ thread.
Old 04-02-15, 05:08 PM
masksav
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info. the cabin filter was a piece of cake. you just push-up on the cover and out it comes.
The Genie/Homelink issue is still there. The link is for Chamberlin. I have a 13 year old Genie opener and a new Genie GM3T-R/37335R new remote. The car is a 2014 RX-350 I'm trying to track down an old remote to see if that will make a difference
Stay tuned!
Old 04-03-15, 03:28 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by masksav
Thanks for the info. the cabin filter was a piece of cake. you just push-up on the cover and out it comes.
The Genie/Homelink issue is still there. The link is for Chamberlin. I have a 13 year old Genie opener and a new Genie GM3T-R/37335R new remote. The car is a 2014 RX-350 I'm trying to track down an old remote to see if that will make a difference
Stay tuned!
Have you tried programming it by pushing the button on the back of the opener itself. It should light. Then quickly getting in the car and pushing and holding the home link button. If that doesn't work at first do the same thing again but add holding the remote button too.
Old 04-05-15, 06:29 AM
paul29
Driver School Candidate

You usually have only 30secs to hit the homelink button after pushing the button on the door opener head unit.
Old 04-07-15, 08:50 AM
masksav
Driver School Candidate

HOMELINK Issue resolved Had to use old style remote ACSCTG Type 2 took all of 1 minute to program Homelink. What's amazing is Homelink did not know that there was even an issue with the newer remotes.
Old 04-09-15, 09:14 AM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Lexus of Lansing just charged me $61.90 plus tax and shop fees...

...to change my cabin filter - and that was IN ADDITION to the $289 plus tax and shop fee for my 30K service.

I knew that, according to the Lexus schedule, the cabin filter replacement was part of the 30K service; but I wasn't expecting the $289 quote for the 30K service to end up costing me $371.39 due to the dealer making the filter and installation an add-on charge.

I'll be shopping for another service provider during the next 5,000 miles.

I sure wish I lived closer to JM Lexus (my selling dealer) - they know how to treat customers truly special.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC Cabin Filter & Homelink