RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

AC Cabin Filter & Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-15, 08:29 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NateJG
...to change my cabin filter - and that was IN ADDITION to the $289 plus tax and shop fee for my 30K service.

I knew that, according to the Lexus schedule, the cabin filter replacement was part of the 30K service; but I wasn't expecting the $289 quote for the 30K service to end up costing me $371.39 due to the dealer making the filter and installation an add-on charge.

I'll be shopping for another service provider during the next 5,000 miles.

I sure wish I lived closer to JM Lexus (my selling dealer) - they know how to treat customers truly special.
I recommend you call a nearby Toyota dealer and ask for a quote on the 30K service, including cabin filter, then ask for the cost of a 35K service. Have your service booklet handy. They may ask what needs to be done at 35K. Probably just wheel rotation, which can be done at Toyota for a fee, or at American Tire or Discount Tire for free.
Good luck. Sorry this happened to you.
Ray A.
Old 04-11-15, 08:11 AM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks.

I think I'll be simply making my own lst of items to do from the Lexus guidelines - and then ask for a price quotation for just those items.

I have always supported the OEM, the dealership(s), and placed (all too often erroneously) my trust in the service technicians - only to be disappointed far too often.

I drive (well, perhaps not so in the future) an hour and a half to my Lexus Dealership for 5K oil changes - with the expectation that I will be considered a valued Regular.

I am not getting that Warm Fuzzy feeling.

I have a long history in the automotive Service Biz - was even a region Mgr for two of the service areas for the company (a components supplier of transmissions, axles, brakes) for which I spent 30 years (all of Canada, plus the Great Lakes U.S.) - and was on the Board of Governors of the SAE's Service Technician Society at the time of its dissolution.

It frustrated me to have the assistant service manager tell me, at my drop off and write up, that they'd be following the Lexus prescribed 30K service - to include specifically checking the wheel alignment (not on my print-out of the 30K schedule) and then when I picked up my car I find that the odometer showed the same mileage as when I dropped it off.

I suppose the test drive COULD have been just around the block; and the odometer COULD have been exactly at .0 from just turning over the next mile; and the mechanic COULD have placed my cargo exactly in the same location after removing the cargo carpet to check the battery; and he just COULD have measured the rotor run-out as prescribed; the wheel alignment COULD have been easy; and he...

Well, there are just too many COULDs for this retired person's mind to piece together into a likely scenario - so, yes - ill be looking to one of the two Toyota dealers that are 1/3 the distance from me as is my Lexus dealer for the more mundane future service needs.

Last edited by NateJG; 04-11-15 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Removed name of the dealership
Old 04-14-15, 06:56 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by NateJG
Thanks.

I think I'll be simply making my own lst of items to do from the Lexus guidelines - and then ask for a price quotation for just those items.

I have always supported the OEM, the dealership(s), and placed (all too often erroneously) my trust in the service technicians - only to be disappointed far too often.

I drive (well, perhaps not so in the future) an hour and a half to my Lexus Dealership for 5K oil changes - with the expectation that I will be considered a valued Regular.

I am not getting that Warm Fuzzy feeling.

I have a long history in the automotive Service Biz - was even a region Mgr for two of the service areas for the company (a components supplier of transmissions, axles, brakes) for which I spent 30 years (all of Canada, plus the Great Lakes U.S.) - and was on the Board of Governors of the SAE's Service Technician Society at the time of its dissolution.

It frustrated me to have the assistant service manager tell me, at my drop off and write up, that they'd be following the Lexus prescribed 30K service - to include specifically checking the wheel alignment (not on my print-out of the 30K schedule) and then when I picked up my car I find that the odometer showed the same mileage as when I dropped it off.

I suppose the test drive COULD have been just around the block; and the odometer COULD have been exactly at .0 from just turning over the next mile; and the mechanic COULD have placed my cargo exactly in the same location after removing the cargo carpet to check the battery; and he just COULD have measured the rotor run-out as prescribed; the wheel alignment COULD have been easy; and he...

Well, there are just too many COULDs for this retired person's mind to piece together into a likely scenario - so, yes - ill be looking to one of the two Toyota dealers that are 1/3 the distance from me as is my Lexus dealer for the more mundane future service needs.
I agree with you Nate re; the warm n fuzzy feeling from the Lexus dealership. I bought my 2015 from a dealer closer to me because my other dealership (that I do have a good relationship with) could not bring us a 15 RX to look at stating it was too far? (they lost a sale over it) but that was the sales department. I have no complaints re; they`re service department what so ever. And it looks like I will continue to go to them (in Doylestown,PA) over the other one from now on. Plus I have a Toyota dealer not far from me with a brand new dealership that is also willing to service my RX for me...
Old 04-17-15, 04:36 PM
SledDriver
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is what I did to program my old SEARS remote in my 2013 F Sport........

1.Erase all previous codes by PRESSING and HOLDING the two outside buttons on the rear view mirror Homelink® buttons until the LED starts to blink, (20 seconds or so) then release the buttons.

2.PRESS and HOLD the desired Homelink® button and the transmit button on your Remote at the same time until the Homelink® LED changes from a slow to a rapid blink. (Your Homelink® system is now programmed, but still wont open the garage door)

3.Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener (NOT ON THE REMOTE.) This is located under the light cover or on the rear panel, depending on model.

4.PRESS the learn code button on the garage door opener, a small light will either blink or stay lit (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming)

5.While the indicator light on the garage door opener is ON or blinking, return to the vehicle and PRESS the pre-programmed Homelink® button two to three times. (Or until the garage door operates).