RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyway to get exterior lights to stay on when turning car off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-15, 09:12 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by drewcam888
No offense but I don't agree with you posting in a vehicle question post just to advertise your product.
drewcam, Carista is one of our vendors here on CL. They are within their right to respond to this thread providing information about their product as a solution to rayaan's problem.. Sorry you feel otherwise. Please remember our vendors help pay the bills around here which keeps the site free to us. We appreciate them as much as they appreciate us.

rayaans, I wonder if there's differences because you're in the UK. Maybe you can post a picture of the screen you're talking about.
Old 03-23-15, 09:57 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
drewcam, Carista is one of our vendors here on CL. They are within their right to respond to this thread providing information about their product as a solution to rayaan's problem.. Sorry you feel otherwise. Please remember our vendors help pay the bills around here which keeps the site free to us. We appreciate them as much as they appreciate us.

rayaans, I wonder if there's differences because you're in the UK. Maybe you can post a picture of the screen you're talking about.
OK so I went onto "vehicle customisation" and then "Light Settings". I only have light sensitivity, daytime running lights. interior light duration and exterior light duration
Old 03-23-15, 07:55 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

I am not trying to pick a fight and certainly mean no offense, but I actually enjoy hearing about the Carista products. Realizing I was not the one asking the question, I wasn't the least bit offended by their post. I think the sponsors add a great deal to the mix and benefit our discussions. As greeknasty already said, keep up the good work Carista and know that I appreciate your contributions to our discussions. I just like to know about the options your products open to us

Rayaans: it sounds like the exterior light duration should be what you want to tweak. Do you have an "auto" setting on your headlight stalk. I was just wondering if your lights have different setting options than what we have here in the states?
Old 03-24-15, 06:32 AM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm also a fan of Carista, both the app and the member. I'd like to see a thread where users could post the settings that Carista finds to compare between model years, option packages and countries. Such a list might have answered this question quicker.
Old 03-24-15, 07:56 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
I am not trying to pick a fight and certainly mean no offense, but I actually enjoy hearing about the Carista products. Realizing I was not the one asking the question, I wasn't the least bit offended by their post. I think the sponsors add a great deal to the mix and benefit our discussions. As greeknasty already said, keep up the good work Carista and know that I appreciate your contributions to our discussions. I just like to know about the options your products open to us

Rayaans: it sounds like the exterior light duration should be what you want to tweak. Do you have an "auto" setting on your headlight stalk. I was just wondering if your lights have different setting options than what we have here in the states?
The RX450h here is very heavily specified. Its got everything as standard apart from ML, panoramic sunroof and adaptive cruise control. The stalk does have auto and I always leave it in this setting. I do have the "exterior duration" lights set to 30s. However, I dont believe this is to do with the exterior lights.
Old 03-24-15, 01:40 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

FYI, OP is not in US.

I changed my RX to turn the lights off without a delay.
So, when I turn the vehicle off and open the door, headlights turn off in the AUTO mode only.
If I have headlights on, they will NOT turn off on their own. And as of 2013, you can't use double-click on the lock button to turn them off.
After 15-20 minutes they will time out, though, just like the rest of electric features on this vehicle.

Last edited by vlad_a; 03-24-15 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-27-15, 12:26 PM
3894days
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any help is good help!!! Mine shut off after 30.
Old 07-16-15, 06:24 PM
vijith555
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 RX 350 Courtesy headlight delay function

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here so hoping to find some advise that would help me

Just wondering if there is a way to setup the headlights to stay on for maybe about 20-30 seconds after the engine is shut, front door opened and closed so the light works to show the path in dark areas. I used to have this function on my 2002 Toyota Camry which I could setup myself but with the RX350 there is no place I could find this plus the lights turn off as soon as the front driver's door is opened. I would love to have this feature and know if there is any way of setting this up ourselves.

Some guidance would be appreciated guys.

Thanks
Old 03-10-18, 04:59 AM
tempestv8
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I too would like this feature. However when I checked my user manual, this feature is not available on the MY13 RX.
Old 03-10-18, 03:22 PM
lex_rx
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm going to test it later and report back but I thought if you use the "auto", light will stay on even after you turn off the engine. Try on yours if it works.
Old 03-11-18, 04:38 AM
tempestv8
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kitlz
In the nav start screen choose setup, vehicle, vehicle customization, light settings, then headlights something or other. I have mine set to turn off as soon as I open the door.
On my vehicle, under Customisation, the option for External Lights refer only to the lamps under the door mirrors. It doesn't control the headlights. See picture below - excuse the lousy shot.

Name:  jxFHsJJ.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  29.1 KB

Regardless of whether I have my light switch stalk on the "Auto" or "On" position, the headlights will stay on after I turn off the ignition, but the second I open the driver's door, the headlights extinguish immediately, just like how vijith555 described. Ironically, if any of the other doors are opened, the headlights stay on, but as soon as the driver's door is opened, the headlights go out. Aargh!!

I note that vijith555 is based in Australia. Perhaps this is a feature on Australian spec vehicles.

I had courtesy headlights on my MY1999 Land Rover Discovery II and it was a handy feature to have. I checked the documentation my MY2009 200 Series LandCruiser and it does not have courtesy headlights either.

Originally Posted by lex_rx
I'm going to test it later and report back but I thought if you use the "auto", light will stay on even after you turn off the engine. Try on yours if it works.
Please do share the results of your testing!

Last edited by tempestv8; 03-11-18 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-15-18, 06:11 AM
tempestv8
Intermediate

Found this document. So it seems that the headlights can be programmed to stay on for some time.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX350_LPS.pdf

But it seems that the dealer needs to do it.