RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyway to get exterior lights to stay on when turning car off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-15, 06:47 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyway to get exterior lights to stay on when turning car off?

as above really. Is there anyway to get the outside lights to stay on for 30s or so when pressing the power button to turn the car off?

Ive checked in the personalised settings and the owners manual which does mention something about exterior lights staying on for 30s or so. However, I have all the settings on and it still doesnt work. Is there something im missing?
Old 03-22-15, 07:02 AM
Super Blue
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you leave the headlights in the on position they generally turn off by themselves after a bit (not sure how long) after you shut the car off. They will turn off immediately if you push the lock button on the remote.
Old 03-22-15, 07:17 AM
drewcam888
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the headlights time out in there own. You must hit lock button twice to turn them off.
Old 03-22-15, 09:50 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Dont they stay on while in Auto?
Old 03-22-15, 10:18 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

In Auto, in the garage, our lights go out 30 seconds after engine shut down. That's the default.
This light off delay can be set at the dealer, zero to one minute or so. Maybe the previous owner set the lights go off simultaneously with engine shut down. Call your service advisor.
I can see where you'd like the headlights to stay on for 30 seconds if you park in front of your garage at night . The headlights would light the way to your front door, or wherever you enter your home.
Ray A.
Old 03-22-15, 12:40 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

with carista you can chaneg it to 30/60/90 seconds
Old 03-22-15, 03:16 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

There is no previous owner - I bought the car new and it's never had the lights on for 30s after turning engine off in auto
Old 03-22-15, 04:05 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

rayaans, the headlights can be programmed to stay on 30, 60 or 90 seconds. In the nav start screen choose setup, vehicle, vehicle customization, light settings, then headlights something or other. I have mine set to turn off as soon as I open the door.
Old 03-23-15, 01:57 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, if you have a nav, this setting should be available under "Light Settings". I think it's called "Headlamp auto-OFF timer".

If you don't have a nav or you don't have that setting there, you can use our app, Carista, to change it. In Carista, it's called "Coming-home lights duration" and the options are: OFF / 30 SECONDS / 60 SECONDS / 90 SECONDS

For a sample list of all the settings available on a customer's RX, click here: http://www.caristaapp.com/customizat...xus_rx350_2014
Old 03-23-15, 04:10 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carista
Yes, if you have a nav, this setting should be available under "Light Settings". I think it's called "Headlamp auto-OFF timer".

If you don't have a nav or you don't have that setting there, you can use our app, Carista, to change it. In Carista, it's called "Coming-home lights duration" and the options are: OFF / 30 SECONDS / 60 SECONDS / 90 SECONDS

For a sample list of all the settings available on a customer's RX, click here: http://www.caristaapp.com/customizat...xus_rx350_2014
I have a nav and its set to 30s but the lights turn off immediately when shutting the car down which is what confuses me. In fact theres no 60s or 90s option, its either off, 15s or 30s
Old 03-23-15, 04:52 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rayaans
I have a nav and its set to 30s but the lights turn off immediately when shutting the car down which is what confuses me. In fact theres no 60s or 90s option, its either off, 15s or 30s
I see. Hmm, that's very weird - I haven't seen any models where the setting goes like that (off/15/30). Are you sure it's the same setting? What is it called?

In any case, if you have an OBD adapter, give Carista a try - it's free to see what options are available for your vehicle. And if you don't have an adapter, well, I think it's a good idea to buy one anyway, just to have in case you ever get a warning light on the dash or you need to change a dealer-only setting.
Old 03-23-15, 04:58 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

I see. Hmm, that's very weird - I haven't seen any models where the setting goes like that (off/15/30). Are you sure it's the same setting? What is it called?

In any case, if you have an OBD adapter, give Carista a try - it's free to see what options are available for your vehicle. And if you don't have an adapter, well, I think it's a good idea to buy one anyway, just to have in case you ever get a warning light on the dash or you need to change a dealer-only setting.
It says exterior lights duration - off, 15s, 30s. Yeah I dont have an adapter as Ive never needed one!
Old 03-23-15, 08:13 AM
drewcam888
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense but I don't agree with you posting in a vehicle question post just to advertise your product.
Old 03-23-15, 08:18 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by drewcam888
No offense but I don't agree with you posting in a vehicle question post just to advertise your product.
I was trying to be helpful at the same time. Well, that's what "vendor" accounts are for - we pay the forum to allow us to promote our products. I try to be unobtrusive. Sorry if my post caused any inconvenience.
Old 03-23-15, 08:21 AM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drewcam888
why? hes advertising a product that would solve the OP's issue.... I mentioned the same thing in a post, am i advertising too?
Keep up the good work Carista

Quick Reply: Anyway to get exterior lights to stay on when turning car off?