RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2015 rx350 f- sport Throttle LAg........

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-14, 02:06 PM
wallykeys
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by viperdoc
Sure! I use it about half the time, particularly on this one part of my commute where there are two roundabouts one right after the other. Makes driving that section more fun with a more responsive throttle. I really only use three of the settings but I like that there is the option to use more if I want. The only drawback, if you can call it that, is that you have to really pay attention when using any mode that makes the throttle more sensitive. The distance the pedal needs to travel to give it gas and prompt a downshift is significantly reduced. But once you are accustomed to the new tendencies, it is a dream.
Viperdoc, Is it safe to say that the Apexi device cures the throttle lag so many are experiencing? If the throttle controler does eliminate the throttle lag, there will be many happy folks in this thread I would guess. That is to say if they choose to purchase the mod.

I too notice a bit of throttle lag but, it has never bothered me much and I've learned to adapt as CorradoMR2 has!
Old 12-24-14, 04:10 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wallykeys
Viperdoc, Is it safe to say that the Apexi device cures the throttle lag so many are experiencing? If the throttle controler does eliminate the throttle lag, there will be many happy folks in this thread I would guess. That is to say if they choose to purchase the mod.

I too notice a bit of throttle lag but, it has never bothered me much and I've learned to adapt as CorradoMR2 has!
I would say that once you get used to the more sensitive throttle response, you likely won't notice the throttle lag at all anymore. I hesitate to say it's completely gone without going out and driving the car again specifically paying attention to it, but I can say that I don't notice it at all since installing it. If anyone is interested, I would call the company and say you are shopping around. When I did they gave it to me at their cost price right then and there. I think they charged me $180 including shipping

(List is $240, or at least it was when I got it)
Old 12-26-14, 06:00 AM
kunzman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrb
Have about 200miles on this new ride and gotta tellya the throttle delay is KILLING me. Probly the worse I have drivin. Thought on the test drive it wasn't an issue but now I have buyers remorse. Going to dealer tomorrow for remote starter that lexus forgot to install and will see if there is anything that can be done with the throttle lag.

Anyone else have this problem?
The car gets more responsive after 1000 miles and also again some point past that. The computer governs the engine a bit during the break-in period.
Old 12-29-14, 02:57 PM
Killrb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kunzman
The car gets more responsive after 1000 miles and also again some point past that. The computer governs the engine a bit during the break-in period.
That's something to look forward to. I have about 560 miles on it right now we shall see.