Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Switching between outside air AND recirculated air modes

Old 12-08-14, 02:18 PM   #1
vartig
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Question Switching between outside air AND recirculated air modes

Helloooo Lexus enjoyers
I remember when I was turning on my AC, outside air was closed and when I was turning it off it was switching to recirculated air mode.
now its not functioning like that. do you have any idea? Im sure I mess up with some settings but dont know what

Hope to hear from you soon
Happy holidays ahead
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
vartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 07:38 PM   #2
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F Sport

Wife has the RX so can't test but switch your vent positioning and you should see the reirc/outside switch.

Previous: '13 RX F Sport, '11 CT, '08 IS AWD, '07 RXh, '04 RX
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 04:54 AM   #3
DunWkg
Lexus Test Driver

There are some variables that determine the action of car to switching AC on and off. Was the outdoor air temperature the same in both instances, was the temperature inside the car the same in both instances, and was there any smog during both instances? These are just a few of the variables that may affect how the car responds to turning the AC on or off, at least in the model years 2010-2012 with navigation.

2012 RX450h
<a href=http://www.clublexus.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=117250&dateline=1336740237 target=_blank>http://www.clublexus.com/forums/imag...ine=1336740237</a>
DunWkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 12:30 PM   #4
vlad_a
Lexus Test Driver

I'm going out on a limb here and make a claim that the temp in CA has cooled down recently?
vlad_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 01:54 PM   #5
Cruiter

Spot on, the variables can change mile to mile as experienced when you've been driving with the system set at X degrees for some time then you encounter more humidity, or heat, or cool, or dry, or dirty air (pollutants). And you're conscious of the system making changes as you drive. The old systems where you reached up to change the fan speed to one of three other positions or moved the cool/warm lever right or left, or pushed the recirc button have all been replaced by a chip that tries to maintain the preset. On occasion it works
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunWkg View Post
There are some variables that determine the action of car to switching AC on and off. Was the outdoor air temperature the same in both instances, was the temperature inside the car the same in both instances, and was there any smog during both instances? These are just a few of the variables that may affect how the car responds to turning the AC on or off, at least in the model years 2010-2012 with navigation.

2010RX 450h is my Daily Driver
2014 Stingray keeps my heart rate up Jim's RX450h photos http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...er-albums.html
Cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 01:37 PM   #6
vartig
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunWkg View Post
Tnx a lot for answers . But Im talking about Automatic switching for Outside / recirculated air mode when I turn ON/OFF the AC.
I mean when I was turning ON the AC, outlet was switching to Outside mode & it was switching to recirculated air mode when I was turning it OFF. It was all automatic...
my RX230 is 2014 by the way
Old 12-11-14, 01:43 PM   #7
vartig
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_a View Post
I'm going out on a limb here and make a claim that the temp in CA has cooled down recently?
FUNNY
How is RX450h?? and how do you compare it with RX350 if you were lucky enough to drive it?
Old 12-11-14, 02:03 PM   #8
vlad_a
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartig View Post
FUNNY
How is RX450h?? and how do you compare it with RX350 if you were lucky enough to drive it?
The 450h is pretty sweet. I can't directly compare it to 3RX 350 as I have never driven one.
When my RX was in service, I specifically asked to have a 2014 IS as a loaner and not an RX. I loved that car. However, being a torque-converter auto only, I wouldn't buy one. That's also why I opted for the Hybrid, as it doesn't have a run-of-the-mill automatic. Instant torque and smooth acceleration are great.
vlad_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-15, 11:29 PM   #9
vartig
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartig View Post
Tnx a lot for answers . But Im talking about Automatic switching for Outside / recirculated air mode when I turn ON/OFF the AC.
I mean when I was turning ON the AC, outlet was switching to Outside mode & it was switching to recirculated air mode when I was turning it OFF. It was all automatic...
my RX230 is 2014 by the way
ok guys, I got my answer and Id like to share it with you.
Turning ON the AC (AUTO) will close the outlet when the weather is hot and AC needs to cool the inside otherwise it will remain as it is.
Old 05-02-15, 11:29 PM