RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone Negotiated Yearlong Sirius XM Rate recently?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-14, 10:34 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone Negotiated Yearlong Sirius XM Rate recently?

So, my auto-bill CCd was compromised, and I need to call Sirius to give them the new number. I might as well negotiate the annual fee, rather than the monthly auto-pay.

Threads on annual subscriptions are old. Anyone with more recent experiences?

TIA!

Sandi
Old 11-03-14, 11:11 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't have any recent experience but I do know from years ago when I wanted to cancel my subscription it was almost impossible to do so.. I called, sent in written requests and they continued to charge my card.

In the end I had to report my c/c missing to the c/c company in order to have the auto pay stop. Was a real PIA..
Old 11-03-14, 11:18 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have Sirius/XM in two vehicles and negotiate the 1/2 deal which is $103 or so with tax and royalty fee.Been doing that for years.
Another thing is to never use your credit card.I pay the $2 fee and get a bill and pay by check.
You still have to cancel in the proper time period,though.
Old 11-03-14, 11:36 AM
jdshaw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
So, my auto-bill CCd was compromised, and I need to call Sirius to give them the new number. I might as well negotiate the annual fee, rather than the monthly auto-pay.

Threads on annual subscriptions are old. Anyone with more recent experiences?

TIA!

Sandi
Yes - last week.
One year @ $109 including their crazy fees, and sales tax. Don't ever give this company your credit card number.
Old 11-03-14, 11:53 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jdshaw
Yes - last week.
One year @ $109 including their crazy fees, and sales tax. Don't ever give this company your credit card number.
Yup, learned that the hard way.. It was back in 2008 and it was either with my Lexus or wifes MDX. At the time I had to give them a credit card # to get the free trial. Having never dealt with them before I gave it to them and what a mistake that was..

Live and learn..
Old 11-03-14, 12:59 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Sandi, the game probably hasn't changed much. Usually when you threaten to end the subscription they come back with a better deal. Go with a paper bill like Joeb mentioned since your CC was compromised. That way they also won't auto renew at a higher rate. And avoid calling the number Lexus provides for Sirius. Good luck.

It's unfortunate Sirius dropped lifetime subscription to avoid the renewal nightmare. So glad I took advantage of it back in 2010. Right now at almost five years, it's cost me about $72/year and continues to go down.
Old 11-03-14, 02:36 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I re-negotiated with them about 6 months ago. I told them that as I am not in the car all that much, I just didn't see it as a good value for the price. They countered immediately with another offer but I said no thanks, it was still too costly. They came back with an offer for All Access for a year for $89, that hit my sweet spot. I would not give them a CC but I got them to wave the $2 fee for billing.
Old 11-03-14, 06:24 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
Sandi, the game probably hasn't changed much. Usually when you threaten to end the subscription they come back with a better deal. Go with a paper bill like Joeb mentioned since your CC was compromised. That way they also won't auto renew at a higher rate. And avoid calling the number Lexus provides for Sirius. Good luck.
Anita, what number are you using?

Thanks!

-S
Old 11-03-14, 06:40 PM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I took advantage of a 6mo trial for less than $30.00 and when I called to cancel before it auto renewed at the current rate. They offered me a similar deal for another 6 months and I declined and even got a credit back for the few days that remained. I might go for something like that again if we were going on a long trip.

We are talking now about the Gas and Traffic service but haven't called to see if there are any deals or not.
Old 11-04-14, 03:26 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandi_k
Anita, what number are you using?

Thanks!

-S
Sandi, I'm not calling any numbers since I have lifetime

Try 888-601-6302. It's the number I found after doing a search on CL. Tell them you want a lower rate or else you will cancel. It seems $89/yr is what most people are getting right now.
Old 11-04-14, 07:05 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I canceled my traffic stuff no problem back about 5 month ago. They sent me a confirmation and that was it.
I never cared for music but wanted to only have live traffic, it cost like $5/m i had it for two years, had to cancel when i got the new GS
Old 11-04-14, 06:16 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
Sandi, I'm not calling any numbers since I have lifetime

Try 888-601-6302. It's the number I found after doing a search on CL. Tell them you want a lower rate or else you will cancel. It seems $89/yr is what most people are getting right now.
Thanks! On the list to call tomorrow.
Old 11-05-14, 12:07 AM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a free offer that's been going on for quite awhile. It's basically 2 months free, then you get cut off, then you sign up for the deal again. Rise and repeat. So far I'm on my 4th sign up. Others have gone even longer. Needs USA address though.

If interested, it's kicking around the red flag deals, freebie forum. Just search for "Sirius".
Old 11-05-14, 05:38 AM
Nelexus88
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

My free 6 month Sirius trial ran out about 2 months ago and I did not renew then. I now get letters from Sirius offering $20 for 5 months (plus fees). If you remember to call before the subscription runs out (4.9 months) and tell them to cancel the service, they will negotiate the renewal cost down to a similar amount. This works out to be about $50 per year if you dont mind the negotiations.
And never give them your CC number, pay the $2 invoice fee.
Old 11-05-14, 06:41 AM
yankees152
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SiriusXM

I just resigned for $89.00 for the year.

Quick Reply: Anyone Negotiated Yearlong Sirius XM Rate recently?