RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Hardwiring radar detector onto Rearview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-14, 05:09 PM
RXcruiser
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardwiring radar detector onto Rearview mirror

I have a 2015 RX 350 am trying to hard wire the radar to the Onstar rearview mirror using a MirrorWire and can not clearly identify the positive and ground on wiring harness. does anyone have any experience with this on `15 model?
Old 11-01-14, 07:38 PM
Nanook
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look for my post
Old 11-01-14, 07:41 PM
Nanook
Rookie

Located it
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...rror-pics.html
Old 11-01-14, 08:05 PM
RXcruiser
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Nanook!! That post was very helpful!! I already did it like that once but without the electrical tape and the leads must have touched as the circuit shorted out and i had to replace the fuse. I have a new plug on the way in the mail and will let u know when its complete!
Old 06-30-15, 04:25 PM
danikas
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default retrofit high beam auto support

Originally Posted by Nanook
hello
i have an 450h rx 2010 with auto lights and just purchased the rear view mirror with auto high beam and a t5 14 pin plug.cant find anywhere the electronic schematic pin lay out in order to connect it on.Any ideas?
thx Ari
Greece
Old 06-30-15, 05:13 PM
Nanook
Rookie

Search for a power source (wire) and ground (brown or black)
Old 09-09-15, 09:59 AM
danikas
Driver School Candidate

Search for a power source (wire) and ground (brown or black)
If it was so easy 😊
there are about 8 wires with a t5 plug...power i can get but i need to connect the can bus to it in order to interface it with the car.Thx any way.
Old 09-09-15, 05:20 PM
Nanook
Rookie

Sorry i didn' read your post properly..Long shot but look up in the headliner above the console..sometimes Lexus leaves a pigtail for that optional mirror..remove upper light console and snoop around
Old 09-09-15, 06:24 PM
danikas
Driver School Candidate

Sorry i didn' read your post properly..Long shot but look up in the headliner above the console..sometimes Lexus leaves a pigtail for that optional mirror..remove upper light console and snoop around
its a 12 pin plug...i did it on an audi before but this is differ.
I order the service manual of the 2010 RX450H but it does not have the electronic diagram of the high beam assist.
I did find however that the signal to activate the hbeams comes from body ecu pin 2 and 5..
To power distribution engine room junction f12 pin 2. (Power relays) that drive the ecus of the lights directly.
So in theory since the body ecu is the can bus network controller then the lin or can bus signal from the mirror ecu should control it automaticaly.
If i could study any electronic diagram of a late lexus toyota high beam auto system i could figure it out..
At the time i only have the auto dim rear mirror with a smaller plug.i dont think there is another harness in there..i just retrofit home link on that console i did not find any extra cables.
Since my car has the auto lights on function and afs it should be prewired for it..
If anyone has any info on the circuit please let me know .
Thx
Ari
Old 09-09-15, 06:44 PM
Nanook
Rookie

It's above my head but I have had luck using Just Answer website and paying a nominal amount to chat with a genuine Lexus mechanic...
Old 09-11-15, 06:02 AM
NateJG
Lead Lap

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I nestled a Valentine One right above the mirror and was able to tuck the phone (CAT3 plugs on each end) power/data cable under the headliner and inside the pillar airbag down to the SAVVY power plug (that gets power from the OBDII data port above the driver's left leg).

Into the SAVVY is then the cable connector that runs to the remote data display which is mounted on the console to the left of the Park position of the shifter.

The power goes on and off with the car.

For additional infotainment, I also have the V1 Connection for Android that Bluetooth connects to my old Android phone (for additional display of RADAR; and to make program changes for different RADAR areas).

I have a similar setup in my Roadster - and the best feature of the Valentine One is that it tells me the direction of the RADAR (from the Front, Rear, or Side) - which keeps me from buying one of the other very capable detectors.

See https://store.valentine1.com/store/
Old 09-11-15, 06:40 AM
scubadown
Driver School Candidate

It's above my head but I have had luck using Just Answer website and paying a nominal amount to chat with a genuine Lexus mechanic...
Can you share what you learned? Which wires are the +12VDC and ground?