RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

How do you like your Lexus dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-14, 01:34 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was originally happy with the dealership when I first bought my first Lexus from them. Then, when I got my current one they have done just about everything to demonstrate how little they listen and how poor the service is beneath the surface.

I have had issues with Park Place in Texas several times from damaging the car within a couple days of ownership, lying about an alignment having been performed when it hadn't, to continually making promises they don't follow through on. And the biggest issue is they never call back.

I've had some great experiences at some dealerships, but few continually come up short like this dealer. I shouldn't have to babysit a luxury brand, and yet I feel that is what I have to do. Thankfully, I don't need to deal with them anymore.
Old 10-29-14, 07:37 AM
Rxhopeful
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have personally had a great relationship with my dealership over the past two years (Sewell of Dallas). The Sewell family of brands in general (they operate Lexus, Infiniti, GMC, Cadillac, Subaru dealerships to name a few) have a fantastic reputation here in Dallas and across the country. People have actually ordered cars from Sewell and flown in to pick up their cars.
Old 10-29-14, 07:53 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm a big believer in developing a relationship with people at the dealership. If they know who you are, know your preferences, and if you treat them with respect, I don't know how you could have a negative experience. This has worked well with my service adviser. In fact, it was my experience with the service dept. that brought me back to this dealership for my last car, despite previous negative sales experiences.

Unfortunately, at a dealership where I have bought 3 cars in 4 years, I'm still a target. I really do try to be respectful, and I don't try to beat them up for every penny in a deal. I just wish they showed me the same consideration. They have a terrific facility, they are VERY polite, and they make good lattes, but in the end, they sell cars. And, they use stereotypical car sales techniques to manipulate and squeeze as much out of me as they can. I understand they are in business to make money, and I have no issues with the free market at all. I'm just tired of looking over my shoulder to see how they’re trying to take advantage of me. I honestly believe my flexibility and respect is taken as a sign of weakness. Maybe it’s unfair, but while I expect this at a Ford or GM dealership, I expect better from a Lexus dealer. I'm done with being disappointed.

The lease on my IS expires in 2 weeks. I'll likely go to my credit union (not Lexus) to buy it out. At this point, I'm not looking at a new Lexus to replace it, due entirely to my experiences in the sales dept.
Old 10-29-14, 07:57 AM
mac12
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rxhopeful
I have personally had a great relationship with my dealership over the past two years (Sewell of Dallas). The Sewell family of brands in general (they operate Lexus, Infiniti, GMC, Cadillac, Subaru dealerships to name a few) have a fantastic reputation here in Dallas and across the country. People have actually ordered cars from Sewell and flown in to pick up their cars.
I bought from their internet sales team and "drove in" from 600 miles away.
Old 10-29-14, 02:31 PM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

So far so good with Lexus Of Tampa Bay.
Old 10-29-14, 03:31 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here in Houston i go to McCall, can't complain. The service people go the extra mile to take cAre of you
Old 10-29-14, 03:36 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

On the other hand we have here in Houston, westside lexus dealer, absolutely horible. The sales dept is rude and they have very low selection of vehicle at the dealer, most if their cars at another location. I really wanted to see some other colors that they had in stock but not on their lot, they wouldnt even made an effort to show it to me. They have me a brochure and told me it looks just like on the picture. Really Lexus, cmon
Old 10-29-14, 04:03 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The last time I was at the Lexus dealer was to do some warranteed oil change, etc. work. I don't plan to go very often. Otoh they have a very nice coffee maker and confortable sofas.
Old 10-30-14, 07:00 AM
zizou10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FastTags
On the other hand we have here in Houston, westside lexus dealer, absolutely horible. The sales dept is rude and they have very low selection of vehicle at the dealer, most if their cars at another location. I really wanted to see some other colors that they had in stock but not on their lot, they wouldnt even made an effort to show it to me. They have me a brochure and told me it looks just like on the picture. Really Lexus, cmon
Absolutely agree with Westside. We've been in the market for a new or certified RX, and the two sales people we met with at Westside not only let us drive the car for just 5 minutes but wouldn't show us other color options. Then we were taken to their cubicle and handed brochures and wanted to go into pricing immediately.

My experience at Sterling McCall was much, much better. They really made an effort to take care of us and make the experience as pleasant as possible.
Old 10-30-14, 08:54 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rxhopeful
People have actually ordered cars from Sewell and flown in to pick up their cars.
YES - I have done that twice now. I love Sewell Dallas. Sewell Fort Worth looked down on me like I wasn't snooty enough to be there.
Old 10-30-14, 10:19 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

The more of these posts I read, the more I am amazed at the way some of these dealers act... What are they thinking treating customers like this..
Old 10-30-14, 11:37 AM
jdshaw
Rookie

Originally Posted by JT4
The more of these posts I read, the more I am amazed at the way some of these dealers act... What are they thinking treating customers like this..
Lexus corporate needs to shake up the dealers who aren't providing a superior buying/service experience. Inexcusable for a luxury brand.
Old 10-31-14, 08:53 AM
Iskyman
Driver School Candidate

I was surprised of the best customer service provided at Hennesy http://www.lexusgwinnett.com Lexus dealership by Elena elena@hennessylexus.com
Old 10-31-14, 08:59 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I like mine.
I just got a free tire rotation this morning.
Old 10-31-14, 06:05 PM
Nanook
Rookie

Mine is fantastic..car spa..nails cosmetic nails grooming shoppe..golf simulator..and stellar showroom...all with really great people..blows my MB dealership away

Quick Reply: How do you like your Lexus dealership?