RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Do I pay Delivery Processing and Handling?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-14, 05:24 PM
bmaez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I pay Delivery Processing and Handling?

I think I may be able to work a percentage off MSRP but I just noticed it includes the above fee.

Also i was told the loyalty incentive is not availible. Is loyalty not rewarded at lexus at all times? Can incentives be combined? Military/loyalty/college?
Old 10-05-14, 04:52 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Don't think it matters what you pay for.... the bottom line is what is the final price your are going to pay or get for your trade in. Some dealers have local add ons which I ignore. Also the discounts for loyalty/military/etc seem to depend on whether they are clearing out that particular model.
Old 10-05-14, 07:13 PM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Our dealer was not willing to come down at all with anything. Her exact words were "supply and demand" for the particular color and options we wanted. First time in my life I bought a new car and paid full retail.
Old 10-06-14, 05:27 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

In most cases Delivery/ Processing and Handling is paid by the customer.. However, it never hurts to negotiate everything because you never know..
Old 10-06-14, 07:37 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SeventyGTX
Our dealer was not willing to come down at all with anything. Her exact words were "supply and demand" for the particular color and options we wanted. First time in my life I bought a new car and paid full retail.
And her thoughts were, ka-ching!
There is more than one dealer out there and you can custom order if options you want are not available.
My local dealers wouldn't budge, so I found an out of state dealer that did.
The very first Lexus I bought, I paid MSRP for. Lesson had been learned.
Old 10-06-14, 01:12 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a pricing thread(s) on this forum. It is very long. Look for other members that have purchased in your EXACT area for what is possible. Pricing varies around the country and you will drive yourself crazy if you try to get discounts in TN that match a region like CA that may have more discounting.

The add-on fees are a local item and vary around the country. For example, here in CA the final price is just the discount off MSRP (plus tax & license).

Another thought, Lexus has a big December to Remember sale toward the end of the year where they typically have some of their best deals.
Old 10-06-14, 01:16 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SeventyGTX
CA is probably the most competitive market in the US and it is just next door to NV. You might want to check there next time you encounter this situation. Discounts can be substantial. I got 12.5% off my 450h (but, this was during the recession). That was about $6,500!!!
Old 10-06-14, 02:42 PM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Originally Posted by UCSB
CA is probably the most competitive market in the US and it is just next door to NV. You might want to check there next time you encounter this situation. Discounts can be substantial. I got 12.5% off my 450h (but, this was during the recession). That was about $6,500!!!
The nearest California dealer to me is 200 miles away, the nearest in Nevada is 70 mile away. Believe me, I checked everywhere on the west coast for the model/options we wanted. Our dealer did find ONE, but wanted another $800 to get it here. Not sure where that one is. I did find a used 2013 in Fremont California set up the way we want it for substantially less money, but it is 240 miles away and a long way to drive for a used vehicle. As far as new goes, I'm not up for a 500 mile round trip to save MAYBE $2-3k on a near $60k vehicle that is popular and sells quick. I have done my homework on this subject.

When we lived in the Sacramento area, you could play one dealer against another, not so much here in rural Nevada with only 1 dealer in the northern part of the state. If we wanted a charcoal w/black interior RX350, it would be no problem to bust their chops, but wanting an AWD 450h in Starfire Pearl/Parchment bamboo with almost all options including Sport Appearance Package, is a LOT tougher.

Last edited by SeventyGTX; 10-06-14 at 02:55 PM.