RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Navigation Icons - do you know how to change them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-14, 01:22 PM
NorthGa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Icons - do you know how to change them?

Hello,
I have a 2013 RX with the 'latest' navigation update. What's kinda cool is the icons that can show on the screen. My 'home' icon for a while was a red circular looking thing. But without me doing anything, for a while I got/had a 'house' icon showing for my 'home' point on the map. It has since disappeared!!?? It is now that red circular thingy again but with a number 2 in it????

Does anyone know how to control or choose what icon can show up on the screen? I kinda would like to get that 'house' icon back. Would at least like to rid the number 2 in the circular thingy.

Please don't ask me to go to the dealer; I live 2 hours away. I am just looking for some info from those of you who know how to do some of this stuff.

thanks
Old 09-15-14, 01:38 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Sounds like you set 2 destinations and both were your house. That should be the red circle thingy. Delete route guidance and it should go away. If you're not sure how to do that, on the bottom of the screen click "Route", then you'll see a "Delete" button. Click delete and yes you're sure. You're not deleting it from memory, just the route guidance.
Old 09-15-14, 05:52 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

If you go into the destination menu, you should have 5 presets and a house preset. Sounds to me like you may have added your address to the 2nd preset in addition to the house preset.
Old 09-16-14, 11:46 AM
NorthGa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offroad200
Sounds like you set 2 destinations and both were your house. That should be the red circle thingy. Delete route guidance and it should go away. If you're not sure how to do that, on the bottom of the screen click "Route", then you'll see a "Delete" button. Click delete and yes you're sure. You're not deleting it from memory, just the route guidance.
Thanks. That cleared it and I have my "HOUSE" back!!! kinda cool.

I am getting used to this Toyota/Lexus Navigation program and it does OK. But I have to admit the Garmin did a better job and showed more options to see. But the 'BIG' screen on the Lexus can't be beat so the Garmin is only used in my other vehicle and for 'backup'.

One thing that does kinda bother me tho is that you can't search for anything while you're moving/driving. I see the 'safety' in that but the PASSENGER can do the looking while the other is driving.........but not with Lexus.
Old 09-16-14, 10:20 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthGa
Thanks. That cleared it and I have my "HOUSE" back!!! kinda cool.

I am getting used to this Toyota/Lexus Navigation program and it does OK. But I have to admit the Garmin did a better job and showed more options to see. But the 'BIG' screen on the Lexus can't be beat so the Garmin is only used in my other vehicle and for 'backup'.

One thing that does kinda bother me tho is that you can't search for anything while you're moving/driving. I see the 'safety' in that but the PASSENGER can do the looking while the other is driving.........but not with Lexus.
i use destination assist.
OR just simply search using voice command.
there's a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it..it's hard to go back

Even when entering an address,
i find using voice command faster.
you can always interrupt the lady by pressing the voice command button.