RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New 2013 CPO owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-14, 11:46 PM
qjj123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2013 CPO owner

Folks,

I just picked up a 2013 CPO RX. First time Lexus owner and very excited. Great threads here.

Could I ask a question for fellow CPO owners?

What all am I entitled to under CPO? The dealer tried to sell me lots of stuff that I think is included in CPO. Things like roadside assistance etc. Is there is a comprehensive list of features included?

The car only has 15k miles and CPO really does not give me much but I did not really pay much for CPO.

Also, can I still buy extended warranty before original factory warranty expires? The dealer said that I could not and I had to buy it with him at the time of delivery given that it is now a CPO. I had to decline but I am sure you all smart people would know the answer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-14, 05:42 AM
RXII
Driver School Candidate

I know the answer regarding the extended warrantee …you DO have to buy that when you take delivery of the car…that's with all cars - new and CPO

I would have thought Road Side assist would be included for a couple more years and miles…that surprised me…unless you are referring to the Onstar like system (help button for immediate assistance)…that is only complementary the first year…we all have to pay for that after…

Which dealership in NJ?
Old 09-07-14, 05:43 AM
gklatv
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/warranty.html

It appears some info about CPO coverage is provided there.
Old 09-07-14, 06:27 AM
qjj123
Driver School Candidate

@gklatv - Thanks for the link. I have gone thru that but still looking for full benefits list. I also hav a brochure from the dealer that covers the warrantable items in detail.

@RXII - I thought I could buy platinum coverage until the car is within 4 years/50k miles whichever comes first. That is true for new car. I was wondering if that does not apply to CPOs. Re: roadside assist, that surprised me as well. I was not referring to safety connect (on star like). Although, I thought that it was available to me for a year but the dealer did not "think" so! Hence my request for a full list of benefits.
Old 09-08-14, 07:09 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus CPO warranty is 3 year/100,000 miles from the date of the sale. If you sale the vehicle before 3 year/100,000 miles, the CPO warranty is not transferable to the new owner.

Roadside assistance is included for the 3 year/100,000 miles.
Sorry - couldn't find a full list of benefits other than what's on the lexus.com/cpo website.
Old 09-08-14, 01:28 PM
qjj123
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Mors. I like to keep my cars long term

Would you know if I have subscription to XM, Enform, Res+ etc?
Old 09-08-14, 02:06 PM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say no to all of them.
XM doesn't transfer (I'm pretty sure)
Enform is a yearly subscription and probably isn't active. For Enform Safety Connect: if your SOS button is Green, then it's active. If it's Red, then it's not.
RES+ is a subscription thing also. Does your car have RES+ on it? If you're not sure, you'd have an ugly looking antenna type thing on the passenger side of the windshield at the top - it's noticeable so you can't miss it.
What I would do is setup an account with Lexus Drivers (http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home). Somewhere in there you'll be able to see your current subscriptions (once you add the vin of your vehicle).
Old 09-08-14, 04:25 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

What all am I entitled to under CPO? The dealer tried to sell me lots of stuff that I think is included in CPO. Things like roadside assistance etc. Is there is a comprehensive list of features included? qjj123
Our CPO papers say three years roadside assistance from date of purchase. The CPO booklet included with your car should spell out what's covered and what isn't. I think those are the "benefits"?
Finally, the 100,000 mile figure is total vehicle miles.

Last edited by raylor4; 09-08-14 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-08-14, 07:26 PM
qjj123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mors
I would say no to all of them.
XM doesn't transfer (I'm pretty sure)
Enform is a yearly subscription and probably isn't active. For Enform Safety Connect: if your SOS button is Green, then it's active. If it's Red, then it's not.
RES+ is a subscription thing also. Does your car have RES+ on it? If you're not sure, you'd have an ugly looking antenna type thing on the passenger side of the windshield at the top - it's noticeable so you can't miss it.
What I would do is setup an account with Lexus Drivers (http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home). Somewhere in there you'll be able to see your current subscriptions (once you add the vin of your vehicle).
Thanks for teh info. I am registered but my information about the car has not updated yet. I wait a couple of days. I do not have Res+hardware. Dealer wanted about $1700 for it!
Will check on SoS tomorrow morning. I doubt it is green.
Old 09-08-14, 07:28 PM
qjj123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by raylor4
What all am I entitled to under CPO? The dealer tried to sell me lots of stuff that I think is included in CPO. Things like roadside assistance etc. Is there is a comprehensive list of features included? qjj123
Our CPO papers say three years roadside assistance from date of purchase. The CPO booklet included with your car should spell out what's covered and what isn't. I think those are the "benefits"?
Finally, the 100,000 mile figure is total vehicle miles.
Unfortunately I did not get any CPO booklet! I called Lexus today and they are sending me the coverages that were listed on the CPO brochure. Hopefully that will clarify some of it.
Old 09-08-14, 07:30 PM
qjj123
Driver School Candidate

I do have another question though....

1. How do you check the Navigation version information? The one that found says it was 2011 version! but it is 2013 car. The Lexus cutomer service did not help much in that regard.

2. Should the CPO process be upgrading the map? I know BMW does and so does Audi.

I could not find a couple of POIs today morning and that got me thinking.