RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

WeatherTech liners or OEM all weather mats (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-14, 08:31 AM
kunzman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WeatherTech liners or OEM all weather mats (merged threads)

I should be picking up my new 2015 RX 450h next Friday. It is coming with the standard mats and up here in Ohio they just won't cut it in the wintertime. I have grey WeatherTech liners on my Highlander and like them. I'm not sure if their black ones will match well enough with the RX's black carpet. Anyone buy the black WeatherTech liners? How'd you like them? The OEM ones don't really come up high enough to deal with massive amounts of snow especially around the kick plate.
Old 08-23-14, 11:16 AM
skeptocrat
Driver School Candidate

I was foolish enough to buy the beige interior and quickly bought the black WeatherTech replacements. Those are secured with the twist clips and I have placed the original mats on top to soak up water. I am experimenting with ways to secure those so they don't shift.

I fashioned some matching black carpet with Velcro backing to go over the foot rest (kick plate?) area. It can be removed/replaced if it gets too dirty. This partially fits under the WeatherTech liners to help hold it in place. If you do this, get the heaviest grade Velcro you can find since the lighter grade stuff does not stick well to the OEM carpeting.

I am going to get the WeatherTech liner for the trunk area shortly since we carry dirty stuff there also.
Old 08-23-14, 11:56 AM
ThChinaman
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The black matches pretty well. I have the regular WeatherTech mats in the front and rear row and the digital trunk liner in the back. I should have gotten the digital ones for the seats as well. I'll add a photo later when I get a chance.
Old 08-23-14, 12:03 PM
kahuna415
Driver School Candidate

Bought the black digital ones for front, rear and cargo area. They fit perfectly, no slipping and sliding. They look a little industrial but it's better ruining the carpets and if they get dirty, you can just hose them off. No snow here in S.F. but lots of sand from the beach.
Got the whole set for $280 delivered, so pm me if you want to know where I ordered them from.

David
Old 08-23-14, 12:44 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

weathertech liners are just that..liners they protect the entire floor and sides where as OEM just protects the floor...i was in the same boat as you and i figured why would i waste my money on mats that are only gonna protect the floors and not the sides..so i went with weathertech and love em..easy to clean..and use 303 spray to shine em up!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8650575-post247.html
Old 08-23-14, 08:19 PM
garygve
Driver School Candidate

I bought these 3D floor mats, not as truck looking as weather tech. They come in black gray and tan. You can get them on ebay check around prices vary.
Attached Thumbnails WeatherTech liners or OEM all weather mats (merged threads)-photo-13-.jpg   WeatherTech liners or OEM all weather mats (merged threads)-photo-14-.jpg   WeatherTech liners or OEM all weather mats (merged threads)-photo-15-.jpg   WeatherTech liners or OEM all weather mats (merged threads)-photo-17-.jpg   WeatherTech liners or OEM all weather mats (merged threads)-photo-18-.jpg  

Old 08-24-14, 01:09 AM
MI350_55
Pole Position

I put Husky liners in my wife's car and I've been happy with it. The edges have not deformed/collapsed compared to the Weathertechs I have in the Pilot and Camry.
Old 08-24-14, 05:44 PM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by garygve
I bought these 3D floor mats, not as truck looking as weather tech. They come in black gray and tan. You can get them on ebay check around prices vary.
What was the cost of yours?
Old 08-24-14, 07:46 PM
adgvpm
Driver School Candidate

Default Floor Mats

Go with the Weathertechs - no compariosn with the OEM mats. Recommend the full sided type as well as the trunk mat - they fit great and the black color is a good match.
Old 08-24-14, 09:01 PM
franman69
Driver School Candidate

I just ordered Weathertechs for my 2011 CPO.. Too messy here in the NE to NOT have this type of protection. I'm looking forward to putting them in!
Old 08-25-14, 08:00 PM
garygve
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ES300_NJ
What was the cost of yours?
I paid $80 for the fronts and $109 for the cargo with free shipping. If you check on ebay they are on there by different vendors the prices vary so check a few pages back. If you can't find them I may be able to get you the link.
Old 08-27-14, 08:38 AM
Mb120529
Driver School Candidate

Auto Accessories have Front and Back Husky Weather Beater Liners for $128.95. Have a 2014 ES350 - seriously thinking about ordering these.
Old 12-09-14, 11:40 AM
zizou10
Driver School Candidate

bringing back an old thread....

just purchased Weathertech mats/liner for both rows and cargo. I ordered from autoaccessoriesgarage.com. they are advertising 15% and free shipping for new customers. however, weathertech is excluded from the offer. therefore, i called them, and they provided a 10% discount and free shipping. just a tip if anyone is looking for weathertech mats. total came out to $292.
Old 12-11-14, 03:24 PM
tensaix
Driver School Candidate

got the WeatherTech liners a week before it started raining.
No regrets and worth the money.
Thanks everyone!
Old 12-11-14, 10:55 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Originally Posted by adgvpm
Go with the Weathertechs - no compariosn with the OEM mats. Recommend the full sided type as well as the trunk mat - they fit great and the black color is a good match.
THIS!

I did go with the Factory Trunk Mat, but only because I had a $50 gift certificate to the Lexus parts department and a 20% off coupon, so I got it for something like $38 (out-of-pocket) when the WeatherTec was slightly over $100.

I LOVE the way the WeatherTec mats fit and feel in the front & back seats and would get them for EVERY vehicle I own going forward...

Quick Reply: WeatherTech liners or OEM all weather mats (merged threads)