RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Car wash and Emblem is gone...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-14, 09:33 PM
dwlink
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ES300_NJ
Thought of that as well but if I can get the replacement for reasonable price and $38 seem reasonable to me I like to keep it all as is. Let's see maybe I'll get lucky and car wash will have found the missing "X". Thank you
$38 for an "RX 350" badge?!?! There has to be somewhere online that sells genuine ones for less than that.
Old 08-25-14, 01:51 AM
Garcialaw
Driver School Candidate

I would to Prestige on Route 17. Just bought a car from them and they seem pretty helpful.
Old 08-25-14, 03:32 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I wouldn't hold my breath about the car wash finding your 'X.' Even if they do, it could be damaged. You're better off buying another complete emblem so it sticks properly. Something might be wrong with the one on there now. Maybe the dealer will replace it for you. But $38 is really not that much compared to what you probably paid to have your RX hand washed. That's not cheap either. Next time ask them to tape it. Or better yet, wash it yourself.
Old 08-26-14, 02:05 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by raylor4
I would go to the car wash and ask to look thru their box of things that have fallen off cars. I have a feeling your situation is not unique. Calling them is not reliable, because the person you get on the phone may not know how important your situation is, an not look good enough. Please keep us posted.
So, I finally went to the place in person and spoke to the person in charge there. As expected, nothing turned up. The guy said he looked in the drain and all around the tracks etc.
Old 08-26-14, 02:08 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
I wouldn't hold my breath about the car wash finding your 'X.' Even if they do, it could be damaged. You're better off buying another complete emblem so it sticks properly. Something might be wrong with the one on there now. Maybe the dealer will replace it for you. But $38 is really not that much compared to what you probably paid to have your RX hand washed. That's not cheap either. Next time ask them to tape it. Or better yet, wash it yourself.
Yea, learned my lesson. Will call around all the recommended dealers and update the post here. Thanks to everyone for your input.
Old 08-26-14, 01:58 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Some punk at the car wash probably took it to wear around his neck.
Old 08-26-14, 02:04 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Here's one off of eBay for $30.00 shipped.

Reputable seller.
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=361024407545&alt=web
Old 08-26-14, 06:03 PM
Greenspoon
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation X replacement

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Wouldn't the dealer replace it for free? After all they don't want the car to be known as an R 350! I know mine would replace and install it.
What year is your RX? Out of warranty will cost you less that 15$ for oem and the font will be correct for your year. good luck.
Old 08-27-14, 05:15 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by txes
Here's one off of eBay for $30.00 shipped.

Reputable seller.
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...407545&alt=web
Thank you for the link.
Old 08-27-14, 05:17 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by Greenspoon
What year is your RX? Out of warranty will cost you less that 15$ for oem and the font will be correct for your year. good luck.
Mine is 2010. It's a CPO and still under warranty.
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-27-14, 07:55 PM
TomT127
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the clean look idea. Who needs to advertise their ride anyway?
Old 08-28-14, 10:25 PM
roy7777
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This is my clean ***.
I would love to remove the L logo if there wasn't any holes behind it.

Last edited by roy7777; 08-29-14 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-29-14, 06:41 AM
RXII
Driver School Candidate

I second Lexus of Rt 10 in NJ!

Just out of curiosity - which car wash in NJ? I went to one of the "best" and they took a power mirror off an X5 (that I had ALREADY folded in)…they denied it and refused to pay ANYTHING towards fixing it…talk about expensive car wash! You can PM me if you don't want to post on the board
Old 08-29-14, 07:02 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

So the other day I had to get something from the trunk of my RX.. and found the missing "X" on the carpet. It seems that when they were wiping down the car, it somehow came off and one of the workers put it there. Probably didnt bother to tell me to avoid problems..
Anyway so I found the missing "X".
Now, since I'm still under the CPO warranty, I went to the Lexus dealer and spoke to the service manager about just getting someone to glue it back on for me. Apparently, each letters comes with a sticky tape on the back and on mine it was no longer there. So I would have to spend $68 for the whole "RX 350" emblem and then they would be more then happy to do this. The "X" from mine had just some bits of double sided tape on it left. I also asked about the coverage of this under the warranty, their response was.. this is considered physical damage and it is not covered under warranty.
Just wanted to update everyone. Thanks for all your input.
Old 08-29-14, 07:10 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by RXII
I second Lexus of Rt 10 in NJ!

Just out of curiosity - which car wash in NJ? I went to one of the "best" and they took a power mirror off an X5 (that I had ALREADY folded in)…they denied it and refused to pay ANYTHING towards fixing it…talk about expensive car wash! You can PM me if you don't want to post on the board
I dont mind giving the credit where the credit is due.. It was the progressive car wash in Totowa NJ on Union blvd. It was highly recommended by a coworker and I happened to be in the area. Weird thing is that as I am pulling up to the entrance of the car wash.. I remember reading their sign, they have a big sign saying not responsible for this and that, also not responsible for scratches, things breaking off and falling off.. I'm thinking that should have been a clear red flag. But aren't all car wash places have those?

Quick Reply: Car wash and Emblem is gone...