RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Car wash and Emblem is gone...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-14, 08:06 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wash and Emblem is gone...

Ok so went for a car wash today..

Car goes in the car as as RX 350
Presto changeoooo Comes out as R 350..

Anyone else ever had that happen?

Called the car wash and they said they would look around but I'm not holding my breath.

Whats it cost to replace the missing "X" and whats the best way to do this?

Thank you all from an R 350 owner..
Old 08-23-14, 08:56 AM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check Sewell's site if the car-wash has no luck.
Two way tape would be a good option should you find the old one, look for a 3M product.
This link is for a '10, you can check based on the year of your's.
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...X350-2010.html
Old 08-23-14, 09:34 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

wow, they are usually pretty hard to remove. you have to get like floss or some sort of wire to slip behind the letters.

There is still a possibility of them finding it in the drain catch.

I would also buy it at Sewell from the link above from Steve. With the clublexus discount, $38 isn't too bad and you will have some letters left over for the next time you go in to the car wash
Old 08-23-14, 10:49 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

If you get tempted to check Ebay, don't buy cheap knockoffs as the finish will weather (or rust) quickly. Speaking from experience...
Old 08-23-14, 09:16 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't the dealer replace it for free? After all they don't want the car to be known as an R 350! I know mine would replace and install it.
Old 08-24-14, 06:57 AM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wash the car wash hot? A little heat and the sticky stuff that hold them on gets real loose and they come right off. I took off the 350 on my f sport and stuck the f sport badge on the back. To take off the 350 all I needed was 10 seconds with a hair dryer to heat them up and off they came with a gentle pull
Old 08-24-14, 01:02 PM
dwlink
Driver

You might just consider removing the "R 350" and go for a clean look. I tried to convince my wife to let me do that on her car, but she likes the look with all the badges on. We're taking delivery of a BMW 435 gran coupe in a just over a month (won't make it back to the US until late November). Badges on that will probably last until the first 50+ degree day.

There's an interesting stigma in the US that debadged cars are assumed to have the lowest (smallest) engine trim and thus the owner is trying to hide it. With the current gen RX, all the engines are basically the same except the 450 has an extra little electric motor. The F sport is just basically a glorified sports package on top of whatever extras you option up the RX with.
Old 08-24-14, 05:24 PM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Thank Steve. Tried the car wash a few times. No luck. I will have to go in person tomorrow. That was one of the most expensive car washes I had. thanks again
Old 08-24-14, 05:25 PM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by RXSF
wow, they are usually pretty hard to remove. you have to get like floss or some sort of wire to slip behind the letters.

There is still a possibility of them finding it in the drain catch.

I would also buy it at Sewell from the link above from Steve. With the clublexus discount, $38 isn't too bad and you will have some letters left over for the next time you go in to the car wash
Good to know about the discount. RXSF.. Thanks
Old 08-24-14, 05:27 PM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
If you get tempted to check Ebay, don't buy cheap knockoffs as the finish will weather (or rust) quickly. Speaking from experience...
Will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks.
Old 08-24-14, 05:30 PM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Wouldn't the dealer replace it for free? After all they don't want the car to be known as an R 350! I know mine would replace and install it.
Well the thought did come to mind but dismissed it thinking they probly would not. I'll call around though. Couldn't hurt to ask. Which dealer do you refer to? I'm in North NJ.
Thank you
Old 08-24-14, 05:34 PM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by viperdoc
Wash the car wash hot? A little heat and the sticky stuff that hold them on gets real loose and they come right off. I took off the 350 on my f sport and stuck the f sport badge on the back. To take off the 350 all I needed was 10 seconds with a hair dryer to heat them up and off they came with a gentle pull
The part that gets me is that I dint want the car to get any scratches so I went to the car wash that is completely done by hand. Perhaps the high pressure water guns had a part in it. Not sure.
Old 08-24-14, 05:38 PM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by dwlink
You might just consider removing the "R 350" and go for a clean look. I tried to convince my wife to let me do that on her car, but she likes the look with all the badges on. We're taking delivery of a BMW 435 gran coupe in a just over a month (won't make it back to the US until late November). Badges on that will probably last until the first 50+ degree day.

There's an interesting stigma in the US that debadged cars are assumed to have the lowest (smallest) engine trim and thus the owner is trying to hide it. With the current gen RX, all the engines are basically the same except the 450 has an extra little electric motor. The F sport is just basically a glorified sports package on top of whatever extras you option up the RX with.
Thought of that as well but if I can get the replacement for reasonable price and $38 seem reasonable to me I like to keep it all as is. Let's see maybe I'll get lucky and car wash will have found the missing "X". Thank you
Old 08-24-14, 06:58 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus of Rt 10 (formerly Warnock Lexus) in Livingston
Old 08-24-14, 07:19 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ES300_NJ
Ok so went for a car wash today..

Car goes in the car as as RX 350
Presto changeoooo Comes out as R 350..
Anyone else ever had that happen?
Called the car wash and they said they would look around but I'm not holding my breath.
Whats it cost to replace the missing "X" and whats the best way to do this?
Thank you all from an R 350 owner..
I would go to the car wash and ask to look thru their box of things that have fallen off cars. I have a feeling your situation is not unique. Calling them is not reliable, because the person you get on the phone may not know how important your situation is, an not look good enough. Please keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Car wash and Emblem is gone...