RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
View Poll Results: Power tailgate on 2010 RX350?
Yes, the dealer programmed it
26.09%
No, the dealer hasn't been able to program it
17.39%
I use the remote
47.83%
Dealer said couldn't be done but had it programmed anyway
8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Everyone with a 2010 RX-350

Old 08-17-14, 11:35 PM
kahuna415
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Everyone with a 2010 RX-350

Hello fellow 2010 owners,

If you have the power lift gate option on your 2010, can you please tell me if you press the rectangular bar button on the lift gate, does it open by itself or do you need to lift the rear gate open.
Just want to see if mine is the only one that cannot be programed to do this function.
My SA says some 2010's can and some cannot, so I just get an idea if this is true. So far 2 dealerships have not been able to program this function.
Thanks for everyone's help.

David
Old 08-18-14, 03:16 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

David, I added a poll to your thread. Let me know if you want me to make any changes. BTW, it might also help if everyone adds the build date since you've been told it's not possible on 'early builds.'
Old 08-18-14, 04:56 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by kahuna415
Hello fellow 2010 owners,

If you have the power lift gate option on your 2010, can you please tell me if you press the rectangular bar button on the lift gate, does it open by itself or do you need to lift the rear gate open.
Just want to see if mine is the only one that cannot be programed to do this function.
My SA says some 2010's can and some cannot, so I just get an idea if this is true. So far 2 dealerships have not been able to program this function.
Thanks for everyone's help.

David
Ok what rectangular bar button are you referring to. Also, are you talking about having the door auto open or auto close (as in press button open gate, or press button close gate)
In mine. Usually to open I use the button on the key fob or the button on the driver side console by your knee. To close, I press the gate close button on the gate it self and it closes it.
Old 08-18-14, 07:41 AM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I don't know the build date of our 2010, but we had it programmed to open automatically from the back. The default for that button was to unlock the hatch, but it had to be lifted manually. I do recall that when I asked if they could change it, the initial response was to say that it couldn't be changed. I asked them specifically, to double check with Lexus as I was confident that it could be changed. When I picked up the car that afternoon, they had figured it out, and changed it. I would challenge them on this, going directly to Lexus if necessary. Apparently, it is not requested often enough to be commonly known that it can be changed. But then again, maybe it wasn't changeable earlier in the model year. I wonder why they couldn't just reflash the computer to get the option. It's not like they changed the hardware, and it seems like it might be an easy fix.

Personally, I prefer to open it manually, as it's much faster. My wife likes it to open automatically, and she wins. On our 2013, I discovered (by accident), that if I push the button twice, I can open it manually anyway! We both win!!

Last edited by Woodrow; 08-18-14 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-18-14, 08:08 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Woody, try holding the button for two seconds. Mine will unlock all doors and open the tailgate.
Old 08-18-14, 11:57 AM
kahuna415
Driver School Candidate

@ES300, the rectangular button on the rear lift gate is the button you would push to open the rear lift gate, and I'm talking about the auto open function where it opens power assisted.
My right arm is in a brace therefore my wrist does not bend so I can't cup my hand and lift manually.
Thank you Woody for your input and thanks Anita for the poll and your ideas, I would like to show this data to the dealerships. Also I called Lexus in Torrence, CA. gave them my VIN # and they told me they don't have anyone who could answer technical questions and that is why they have SA's and ST's at the dealerships to answer such questions.
Thanks again,
David
Old 08-18-14, 01:15 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

David, I wish the dealer would clarity what 'early build' means. I know it wasn't mentioned as one of the programmable features on my RXh but I managed to get it done. Same with the iPod scrolling issue (thread here). My RXh had the problem, it was outside the identified affected VINs but the dealer fixed it anyway. You could say I don't put much credence into what I'm told.
Old 08-18-14, 01:26 PM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Feb. 2010 build date , Japan made, open by remote....
Old 08-18-14, 04:04 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Anita, can you add another question? "Did you ask the dealer to program it?" That's a whole 'nother dimension. I didn't ask mine to program it, saw no need so I don't have any knowledge if it can be or not. It really should be the 2nd question.
Thanks
Originally Posted by kitlz
David, I added a poll to your thread. Let me know if you want me to make any changes. BTW, it might also help if everyone adds the build date since you've been told it's not possible on 'early builds.'
Old 08-18-14, 04:24 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX350_LPS.pdf

See item # 14.
Old 08-18-14, 05:09 PM
kahuna415
Driver School Candidate

Hi Anita,
Can you add the question "Did the dealer say it could not be done?".
I would like to know how many where told this but got it done.
If possible, and again, thanks.

David
Old 08-18-14, 05:32 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Anita, can you add another question? "Did you ask the dealer to program it?" That's a whole 'nother dimension. I didn't ask mine to program it, saw no need so I don't have any knowledge if it can be or not. It really should be the 2nd question.
Thanks
Jim, you're option 3, happy with the remote. If you ask, then it would change to the first or second.

Originally Posted by kahuna415
Hi Anita,
Can you add the question "Did the dealer say it could not be done?".
I would like to know how many where told this but got it done.
If possible, and again, thanks.

David
Done. Let me know it you want it changed to something else.

Last edited by kitlz; 08-18-14 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-18-14, 05:44 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by SteveCraig
If you look in the original power tailgate thread, you'll see a few members mentioned it was not an option. I can vouch it wasn't listed. The mystery is figuring out what changed and when. Maybe then we can get to the bottom of this.
Old 08-18-14, 06:13 PM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
...The mystery is figuring out what changed and when. Maybe then we can get to the bottom of this.
I hate to sound like a broken record, but has anyone hooked up a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner and used the Carista app to view the available settings? If folks with different series 2010 RXs used the app to email the available settings to themselves and posted them here wouldn't that answer the question about if the setting is available and if there are differences in early/late 2010 RXs? My understanding from Carisa is that his apps can find setting the Lexus has not documented. Maybe he has sample 2010 RX scan results.
Old 08-18-14, 07:16 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Anita, I'm getting a headache, can you bring the aspirin ???

Sorry, couldn't resist . Thanks for the poll LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Everyone with a 2010 RX-350