RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Lost drivers license in car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-14, 06:14 PM
susanclass
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lost drivers license in car!

Hi. I have a really annoying situation with my RX 450. I'm pretty sure my drivers license slipped down behind the cover for the drink holder in the center console. The cover was open and I put my drivers license there until I could get my purse open and it slipped down under the cup holder.

I looked around underneath with a flashlight and couldn't find any way to access that area.

I don't hold out great hope of being able to retrieve my drivers license, but I thought I'd give it a shot before I make the time-consuming trek to the DMV to get another.
Old 08-14-14, 06:36 PM
dwlink
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a big deal - just drive as fast as you can and when get pulled over just say you dropped your license and it fell underneath the cup holders. If the officer really wants to see it that bad, he'll help you take the thing apart for free.
Old 08-14-14, 08:43 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dwlink
Not a big deal - just drive as fast as you can and when get pulled over just say you dropped your license and it fell underneath the cup holders. If the officer really wants to see it that bad, he'll help you take the thing apart for free.
i can't wait for you to try that here in California
you'll probably end up, stepping out the vehicle, placed in cuffs and they let you sit on the gutter while they searched the whole vehicle.
Old 08-14-14, 09:40 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Cup holder lid removal / access

Originally Posted by susanclass
Hi. I have a really annoying situation with my RX 450. I'm pretty sure my drivers license slipped down behind the cover for the drink holder in the center console. The cover was open and I put my drivers license there until I could get my purse open and it slipped down under the cup holder.

I looked around underneath with a flashlight and couldn't find any way to access that area.

I don't hold out great hope of being able to retrieve my drivers license, but I thought I'd give it a shot before I make the time-consuming trek to the DMV to get another.
Here's a thread that may help you, especially the console removal screws.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-ash-tray.html

Here's one specifically for the cup holder.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...d-removal.html

Hope these links help. Good luck.
Ray A.
Old 08-14-14, 09:43 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

If you can see the driver's license, maybe you can wrap some masking tape backwards, sticky side out, on something thin like a dinner knife, slip the sticky knife into the slot and somehow get the license to stick to the tape on the knife. This is the technique for removing a stuck CD from a car player.
Hope this helps.
Ray A.
Old 08-15-14, 06:43 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This happened to me a while back. I made a thread titled "My Car Ate My Cell Phone."

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ell-phone.html

The phone fell between that small space by the cup holder. I took it to the dealer. They removed the center console and charged me $50.
Old 08-15-14, 07:35 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

You can do this on-line here for $15: https://www.texasdriverservices.org/...choice=replace