RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

RX's Everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-14, 07:19 AM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see lots of older RXs which says a lot about their longevity, which is part if the reason I went the F sport route rather than the porsche cayenne. The F sport is no porsche but for my purposes it is the perfect blend of comfort and sportiness. After a year on the road I also haven't seen another F sport. In fact when I was shopping for a nap extended warranty the sales guy commented that I made a good decision going with the lexus over the porsche-- he said the same warranty was much more expensive for the porsche for obvious reasons.
Old 08-03-14, 08:11 AM
jdshaw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus brand - #1 in reliability.
RX 350:
Not too big, not too small.
Well thought out upscale vehicle.
Regular gas.
Popularity of brand means plenty of dealerships around the country. Peace of mind when on a trip.
Excellent resale value.
Old 08-03-14, 08:29 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

The older RX's are everywhere in my area. It's one of the most common cars on the road along with the ES.

I rarely see the new RX's though. I've seen more new LX's and LS' around than those.
Old 08-03-14, 08:41 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Very true! In fact, I remember when I was figuring out what color to pick on my IS last year, I thought blue was extremely rare until I noticed some Kias with a near similar shade. Essentially, you notice when it's on your mind which also means you also have some level of pride of ownership with your vehicle.

Sandy: even though the RX is the most sold luxury SUV and is "common", remember, it's still a premium product owned by a fraction of 1% of the population. With this into perspective, this makes me feel extremely grateful and fortunate even though surely we've earned our successes and "right" to own a Lexus. Then add two or more Lexus vehicles in the driveway and that factor multiplies even further. An RX AND a GX - WOW, that's a fraction of a fraction of 1%
Yes, I am extremely proud to own these Lexus ( what's the plural of Lexus anyway?) in fact my husband tells everyone I'm obsessed. Maybe that's why I notice every one out there . My friends around the corner outdid me with their LX & LS but I got what I wanted.
Old 08-03-14, 09:22 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

My other beauty. They look awesome together!
Attached Thumbnails RX's Everywhere-image.jpg  
Old 08-03-14, 10:22 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Sandy, post pics of both your beauties. And if you're close with your friends, a nice 4-Lexus vehicle photoshoot would be truly special!
Old 08-03-14, 11:47 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Sandy, post pics of both your beauties. And if you're close with your friends, a nice 4-Lexus vehicle photoshoot would be truly special!
I'll work on that. It would be quite a good shot as theirs are both black and ours are both silver.
Old 08-04-14, 08:58 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

That would be pretty cool. It'll look just like a Lexus commercial, LOL!
Old 08-04-14, 02:37 PM
titomang
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mors
Excellent point - guess that's why we have an RXh and a Camry h. Tons of camrys where I live, but not too many newer RX's - especially not hybrids, so I still feel good.
On another note, I think once you have the car or are looking to get a specific car, you just notice them more. Like when you're expecting a baby, you notice tons more pregnant women.
Aint that the truth!!

At the time we were expecting our first little one and decided to buy an RX and noticed them everywhere a few days after. This was the same w/ noticing pregnant women, I've never seen so many!!

Looking back, I have no regrets on getting the RX. It's the perfect vehicle for our little family.
Old 08-04-14, 04:20 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markrivers
Get a Pontiac Aztek or change your Zip Code.
here in my neighborhood, White Range Rover HSE, White BMW X5 and RX 350 are the "common" SUVs/CUVs

If you want Exclusivity, get a BMW X6, Porsche Cayenne S.
IF you want to stay with Lexus, get an LX 570/ Toyota Land Cruiser.. i promise you you won't see a lot of those.
IF you're on a budget, get the Nissan Murano Cabriolet, i don't see a lot of those.

my Toyota RAV4 EV seems to be the most exclusive among our other cars.
Lexus LX570 It'll put a grin on your face... It's amazing how many people don't know what the LX is, I had temporally move out of my parents house fro business reasons, eventually since I'm Punjabi I'll have to go back but back to the point I remember when I recently went to visit my parents and as I was about to leave my neighbor comes out goes "You guys have two those big SUV's what are they?" He was so shocked that the Lexus made an off-roader he was like in aww. This other time I dont know if you guys know this but the LX lowers when you shut it off, this lady she literally freaked out and jumped back thought it was gonna explode, she had RR btw and she was also was in aww it was a Lexus. But in posher parts of Cali Range Rovers, Esclades, and G wagons loiter the street but LX's most days I don't even see one every time i see one other than my dad's I jump around like a little kid. Best thing is it flys under the radar it doesn't attract same kind of attention those SUV's do so you kind of dont have to worry as much as if someone wants to key it. I also like the fact that I know I spent considerable amount of money on my SUV but 90% of people don't, thats just me though...
Old 08-04-14, 04:43 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Sandy, I saw about 8 RXs on the short drive to an appointment today. Now I have to change my route. It's all your fault

Seriously, it's still pretty low compared to other car manufacturers which makes me smile even more
Old 08-04-14, 07:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by MjThind
Lexus LX570 It'll put a grin on your face... It's amazing how many people don't know what the LX is, I had temporally move out of my parents house fro business reasons, eventually since I'm Punjabi I'll have to go back but back to the point I remember when I recently went to visit my parents and as I was about to leave my neighbor comes out goes "You guys have two those big SUV's what are they?" He was so shocked that the Lexus made an off-roader he was like in aww. This other time I dont know if you guys know this but the LX lowers when you shut it off, this lady she literally freaked out and jumped back thought it was gonna explode, she had RR btw and she was also was in aww it was a Lexus. But in posher parts of Cali Range Rovers, Esclades, and G wagons loiter the street but LX's most days I don't even see one every time i see one other than my dad's I jump around like a little kid. Best thing is it flys under the radar it doesn't attract same kind of attention those SUV's do so you kind of dont have to worry as much as if someone wants to key it. I also like the fact that I know I spent considerable amount of money on my SUV but 90% of people don't, thats just me though...

The LX is the king of true off-road SUVs! Indeed a rare breed, but I'd say your Matador Red RX is not very common either.
Old 08-04-14, 07:49 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

The LX is the king of true off-road SUVs! Indeed a rare breed, but I'd say your Matador Red RX is not very common either.
Thanks! Yea my RX really pays off whenI clean in, silver deosnt pay off as much is the washing and waxing the RX it looks zoo damn god, but you sir are no slouch for keeping your RX F-Sport looking sharp. In other news I have officially put 79,000k miles on the RX, still drives like day one and the way I keep it is clean looks as sharp ad day one too!
Old 08-04-14, 08:23 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kitlz
Sandy, I saw about 8 RXs on the short drive to an appointment today. Now I have to change my route. It's all your fault

Seriously, it's still pretty low compared to other car manufacturers which makes me smile even more
I know, right? Once you start counting you just can't stop
There are a lot of Toyotas , fords, Chevys, etc but you gotta admit when it comes to luxury SUVs the RX has em all beat. Makes me smile every time I see one.
Old 08-04-14, 11:18 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try finding your RX in the parking lot! There may be 3 others in the same aisle before you reach your own. Usually i see about 7 of the third generation in 1.5 miles. There are 3 on my 1 block long street.

Quick Reply: RX's Everywhere