RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

RX's Everywhere

Old 08-02-14, 08:54 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation RX's Everywhere

Most days I drive around 15 - 20 miles and I'm amazed at the number of RXs on the roads.
I've been keeping count and I see between 7 & 12 every time I go out. They out number everything out there. I'm trying to decide if it's a good or bad thing.
Old 08-02-14, 09:11 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

I would say only a bad thing if you require exclusivity. Being on my 3rd RX, I know why people keep buying them.
Old 08-02-14, 10:34 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
Most days I drive around 15 - 20 miles and I'm amazed at the number of RXs on the roads.
I've been keeping count and I see between 7 & 12 every time I go out. They out number everything out there. I'm trying to decide if it's a good or bad thing.
Get a Pontiac Aztek or change your Zip Code.
here in my neighborhood, White Range Rover HSE, White BMW X5 and RX 350 are the "common" SUVs/CUVs

If you want Exclusivity, get a BMW X6, Porsche Cayenne S.
IF you want to stay with Lexus, get an LX 570/ Toyota Land Cruiser.. i promise you you won't see a lot of those.
IF you're on a budget, get the Nissan Murano Cabriolet, i don't see a lot of those.

my Toyota RAV4 EV seems to be the most exclusive among our other cars.

Last edited by markrivers; 08-02-14 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-02-14, 10:45 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I think its a good thing. Im on my third RX too. Don't forget that the RX is the best selling lexus model and the best selling luxury SUV/CUV by a huge margin every month. In July, it sold over 9600 units! To put that into perspective, the ENTIRE Acura brand sold about 12,000 units in the US in July. The numbers on the RX never cease to amaze me.

Back to being why its a good thing. Many people scoff at the RX, saying its a soccer mom's car, and that it has a lack of sporting ability. But when I see another RX on the road, I know that we know the real reason why we own one and why these cars sell so well. Its because they are so easy to live with.

to the OP, I'm sure your GX gives you all the exclusivity you need
Old 08-02-14, 11:17 AM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXSF
I think its a good thing. Im on my third RX too. Don't forget that the RX is the best selling lexus model and the best selling luxury SUV/CUV by a huge margin every month. In July, it sold over 9600 units! To put that into perspective, the ENTIRE Acura brand sold about 12,000 units in the US in July. The numbers on the RX never cease to amaze me.

Back to being why its a good thing. Many people scoff at the RX, saying its a soccer mom's car, and that it has a lack of sporting ability. But when I see another RX on the road, I know that we know the real reason why we own one and why these cars sell so well. Its because they are so easy to live with.

to the OP, I'm sure your GX gives you all the exclusivity you need
Exactly, Anita. My same sentiments. I read about the soccer mom comments and other derisive comments about the RX, and I think, Boy, they don't know or get what the rest of us RX owners know and experience with the RX on an every-day basis!
Old 08-02-14, 12:30 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i consider it a good thing...more parts in the junkyard!
Old 08-02-14, 12:41 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

It's a good thing. On a similar note, there's a reason why Camry is the best selling mid-size car. People want reliable and comfortable transportation. Then on top of that, if you want luxury and extra coddling, you get a Lexus. And finally, atop it all, if you want some exclusivity, you get an F-Sport.
Old 08-02-14, 01:40 PM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
It's a good thing. On a similar note, there's a reason why Camry is the best selling mid-size car. People want reliable and comfortable transportation. Then on top of that, if you want luxury and extra coddling, you get a Lexus. And finally, atop it all, if you want some exclusivity, you get an F-Sport.
Excellent point - guess that's why we have an RXh and a Camry h. Tons of camrys where I live, but not too many newer RX's - especially not hybrids, so I still feel good.
On another note, I think once you have the car or are looking to get a specific car, you just notice them more. Like when you're expecting a baby, you notice tons more pregnant women.
Old 08-02-14, 08:08 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
As I see it, when you purchased your RX, your level of awareness went up. When we bought our Matador Red RX, we thought we MIGHT see another red one once in a while. After we went out a few times, red RX's were EVERYWHERE! We live in a Del Webb Sun City, age-restricted community, and RX's seem to be the car of choice here in the compound. It's called "Lexus Land" by some. Yes, it's a good thing. Imitation is a form of flattery. Who doesn't want a nice, good car?
Ray A.

Last edited by raylor4; 08-02-14 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 08-02-14, 08:11 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Nissan Murano convertible is dead.

Nobody bought it. Can't imagine why.😂
Old 08-02-14, 08:31 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Lots of good points here and I guess in my heart I've always known it's a good thing. I think they're beautiful and it is flattering to see so many people agree.
I actually have the only one in our very small subdivision. 1 LX, 2 GX, 1 LS, 1 ES, 2IS. A couple of Mercedes , a caddy SRX and a lot of trucks.
Old 08-03-14, 04:30 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Mors
I think once you have the car or are looking to get a specific car, you just notice them more. Like when you're expecting a baby, you notice tons more pregnant women.
Originally Posted by raylor4
As I see it, when you purchased your RX, your level of awareness went up. When we bought our Matador Red RX, we thought we MIGHT see another red one once in a while. After we went out a few times, red RX's were EVERYWHERE! Imitation is a form of flattery. Who doesn't want a nice, good car?
Ray A.

Very true! In fact, I remember when I was figuring out what color to pick on my IS last year, I thought blue was extremely rare until I noticed some Kias with a near similar shade. Essentially, you notice when it's on your mind which also means you also have some level of pride of ownership with your vehicle.

Sandy: even though the RX is the most sold luxury SUV and is "common", remember, it's still a premium product owned by a fraction of 1% of the population. With this into perspective, this makes me feel extremely grateful and fortunate even though surely we've earned our successes and "right" to own a Lexus. Then add two or more Lexus vehicles in the driveway and that factor multiplies even further. An RX AND a GX - WOW, that's a fraction of a fraction of 1%
Old 08-03-14, 05:20 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

sandy, despite the RX's popularity, we're still part of an exclusive club. We know it's not only a great vehicle but also reliable. I've seen as many as six RXs during my five mile drive home, excluding the two or three in the garage at work. Then on occasion being part of a Lexus 'caravan,' various models, not just the RX. Five is the highest amount so far But I also see many German badges as well. That diffuses it a bit.

Think of other RX drivers as being equally as appreciative of the qualities that drew you to the 350. And corrado brings up a good point, having more than one Lexus in the driveway is pretty rare. Enjoy it!
Old 08-03-14, 06:27 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Plenty of RX's here in central Florida but have yet to see another F Sport.
Old 08-03-14, 06:35 AM
Surovich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently thought the same thing here in Buffalo - A lot of RX350's on the road - I never noticed them before until I purchased my first one in March... I think its a good thing, I think of it more as a club . My feeling is like other have said - Since they are so nice and reliable, people are buying them...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RX's Everywhere