RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

complain from Dealer

Old 06-09-14, 04:43 PM
vartig
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry complain from Dealer

Hey guys,
If you remember my previous post I supposed to go to a dealer close to me in order to check my tires (filled with Nitrogen) & in mater of fact they said they are going to wash my car too.

Well this is my feedback :
I was there for 2 hours although I had an appointment just to check my tires pressure & wash the car.
But when I got the car back I got they took my chewing gum from car without my permission. It was ok but now I got I lost my phone charger cable!
I was happy for the free car wash & now Im too upset.
I called the manager of service twice but he doesnt answer!

what should I do in your opinion?
Old 06-09-14, 05:20 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Time to check out a different dealer. BTW, you waited 2 hours for a car wash and tire pressure check? Granted they were free but my times worth a lot more than that.
Wait until you discover all the scratches/swirl marks on your car. I always specified "Please DO NOT wash my car" when they write up the services.
Old 06-09-14, 07:53 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

If you're up to it and have the time, go in person and state the issue face to face with your Service Advisor first. Don't be confrontational, give them the benefit of the doubt stating the cleaning crew may have forgotten to put the gum and cable back in after cleaning. If no efforts to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, mention how dissatisfied you are and that you will not recommend this dealer to your friends, and you will you be taking your future business elsewhere.
Old 06-09-14, 08:29 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't leave anything of value in your car at any Lexus service ... it is possible to lose it ... also learned from personal experience. I personally wouldn't be to concerned about gum ... seems trivial. I generally try to look on the bright side, it is possible they were cleaning your car quickly and thought the gum was trash. Therefore, I would just go on with your life and forget the incident. On the 2 hour wait, you might mention it on your next appointment with the hope they would do better. The phone charger cable is pretty bad. You might want to call the dealership to see if it is sitting in the car prep department. If not and you are absolutely sure that you or a family member didn't remove it, then tell them it may have been taken. Personally, I put my own air in my tires and wash my own car. I wouldn't let anyone wash any of my cars.
Old 06-10-14, 01:55 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UCSB
Don't leave anything of value in your car at any Lexus service ... it is possible to lose it ... also learned from personal experience. I personally wouldn't be to concerned about gum ... seems trivial. I generally try to look on the bright side, it is possible they were cleaning your car quickly and thought the gum was trash. Therefore, I would just go on with your life and forget the incident. On the 2 hour wait, you might mention it on your next appointment with the hope they would do better. The phone charger cable is pretty bad. You might want to call the dealership to see if it is sitting in the car prep department. If not and you are absolutely sure that you or a family member didn't remove it, then tell them it may have been taken. Personally, I put my own air in my tires and wash my own car. I wouldn't let anyone wash any of my cars.
the rule of thumb is never leave anything in your car if you can't afford to lose it.
Old 06-10-14, 06:45 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I don't see the issue.

I never saw your the previous post you mention so am only speaking to this. I don't see an issue about being in a dealer for 2 hours.

Regardless of how crappy a job they do, washing your car isn't a 10 min job. And your appointment doesn't move you to the front of the line. It's part of the reason why Lexus has spectacular waiting rooms. Also why you don't go to the dealer if you are in a rush, or for something trivial or 'free'.

What should you do? Absolutely nothing and enjoy your filled tires and clean vehicle. As was stated previously, items should not be left in your vehicle. I highly doubt an employee is going to risk his job over a $3 phone cable charger.

EDIT: just went and checked your previous post and again don't see any issue.

Wonder what your service sheet says. Dealers do perform a multi point inspection while you're there to see if there is any way they can make any money off of you.

Did the dealer ignore your instructions that you were in a rush and needed to be out of there in an hour or less?

Last edited by oohpapi44; 06-10-14 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-10-14, 06:57 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would write a letter to the manager of the dealership and another to the corporate headquarters (get the proper address). Tell them what happen with just facts. And tell them it is trivial but you are disappointed. And just leave it like that. As people have said do not leave anything of value in the car. And most of all do not be stressed out because of small things. The big things you can sweat it out.
Old 06-10-14, 08:52 AM
vartig
Rookie

Hi guys, thanks for your sharing & replies.

Well I cant say that I had a bad time in dealership. It was Saturday morning and nothing to do, I even didnt feel that hours, busy with massage chair & even 2 test drive
You are right about not leaving objects in the car but hey Im leaving my thousands dollar car to them & then expect me to clean $5 objects like cable? No Im not that kind of person...

Anyway, I called Service manager twice yesterday and left him a message. Because I didnt hear back I went to dealership (very close to my place) to get my trust back! Im talking about TRUST guys
Good news is, Service Manager was in his OFF yesterday (reason not calling back). I talked to his assistance and told him what happened he was sad hearing things and said Manager will definitely call me back today, otherwise he will contact me.

What Im trying here is clearing my mind out of any doubt, I wish a guys was cleaning the car and he forgot to bring it back but it cant be possible, because they didn't touch the inside they just did a simple outside wash. not very good but hopefully no scratch or any damage...

Just to make it clear I had 3 gums in the box where they left only 1, so it was not an accident Im not judging Lexus or anyone, but we are human, we can do wrong... I just wanna find that guy (if exists) maybe Im wrong, who knows! maybe they forgot to bring it back! maybe they wanted to test the cable as well

Again tnx for your replies and wish you a great day. I will update you
Old 06-10-14, 09:43 AM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Really? We now tolerate theft because it happens a lot, or if whatever is stolen doesn’t meet the “expensive enough to care” threshold? Is it vartig's fault that someone stole his belongings because he didn't hide them well enough, or is it the thief's fault?

The dealership has the right to know that one of their employees is a thief, regardless of the value of the property, so they can do something to correct the issue. This is assuming of course, that vartig is 100% sure something was stolen. Make sure they didn't just move it to get it out of the way, and that it was in the car to begin with!!! Wrongly accusing someone of theft is just as bad as the theft itself. In my humble opinion.
Old 06-10-14, 09:56 AM
niklow
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I always double check them. I had few instances where they did not put the items back in the car after cleaning and simply forgot or left them out?

Either way, when something goes missing its very noticeable. I would go to another dealer - but I would visit them onsite first more importantly not email or phone.

2 hour wait time could be normal though, I know it shouldn't take that long but depending on the load that day and routine that car maybe waiting in line for a simple test or car wash.
Old 06-10-14, 10:49 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

I would call them and ask if they have seen a misplaced charging cable. To me, missing items from a vehicle in service, is not acceptable. There may be an employee in need of a disciplinary action.
You can also call the corporate at 800-25LEXUS. I am sure they would want to know of such occurrences.
Old 06-10-14, 12:33 PM
vartig
Rookie

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Really? We now tolerate theft because it happens a lot, or if whatever is stolen doesn’t meet the “expensive enough to care” threshold? Is it vartig's fault that someone stole his belongings because he didn't hide them well enough, or is it the thief's fault?

The dealership has the right to know that one of their employees is a thief, regardless of the value of the property, so they can do something to correct the issue. This is assuming of course, that vartig is 100% sure something was stolen. Make sure they didn't just move it to get it out of the way, and that it was in the car to begin with!!! Wrongly accusing someone of theft is just as bad as the theft itself. In my humble opinion.
Thanks you Woodrow for your support and understanding
Old 06-10-14, 12:53 PM
vartig
Rookie

Hey guys,
I just talked to Service Manager of the dealership. He called me back and was so sorry about the issue. He was shocked because no worker needs an Android phone charger since the dealership gives an iPhone to all its workers...
I said that my call was not for complaining about missing objects and its all about my BROKEN TRUST.
He continued "I dont say it did not hapapen" but its his first time hearing about missing object in the car. He said, there are cameras everywhere in the dealership (car wash, car show, ... ) and workers are aware of this, he was thinking why and how a worker should jeopardize his career since they are not going to bare any situation like this, and will end up the worker with no excuse.

I said Im not sure if the guys in Lexus removed my cable (I dont say thief) but Im sure about gums and since they have broken my trust, Lexus is the first person I can think about the rest!
Anyway, He said he is going to investigate and check the cameras & ...
This is what I was expecting to hear (at least) but I still have doubt to go there again in future but they are so close to my place.
again, what do you guys think?
Old 06-10-14, 12:55 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok just deleted everything I wrote because I saw your post above.

So you weren't sure that the Lexus employee took your cable when it absolutely makes ZERO logical sense that someone would take an object like a phone cable (upon which 99% of society needs and will notice because of phone addiction) 5 minutes before giving said vehicle back to its' owner. Yes a dealership is going to have camera's everywhere. They insurance is going to demand it as they have other peoples property in their care, custody and control and therefore the dealer's insurance becomes primary.

Because of forum rules, I'm not allowed to post my actual thoughts on this subject so will politely say that I'm completely on the side of the dealership. I hope you find another dealer that meets and exceeds your expectations going forward.

Last edited by oohpapi44; 06-10-14 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-10-14, 07:36 PM
2008M3
Pit Crew

which dealership? I need to know so I don't go there...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: complain from Dealer