RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

complain from Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-14, 07:26 PM
acitydwelr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Free nitrogen tire fill and a car wash and two test drives? There are no free dinners in life.

This is just a lot of back and forth over two sticks of gum and a $5 charger you can get off ebay. lol frankly, i sort of want my 5 minutes back reading this thread.
Old 06-11-14, 07:57 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm glad I read it. Now I'll fall asleep better tonight
Old 06-11-14, 08:38 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acitydwelr
Free nitrogen tire fill and a car wash and two test drives? There are no free dinners in life.

This is just a lot of back and forth over two sticks of gum and a $5 charger you can get off ebay. lol frankly, i sort of want my 5 minutes back reading this thread.
The charger was $3, now it is $5. That is inflation! Besides why would I take a charger when I don't even know which device it is being use for?

The manager said they have video recordings of the place. All they have to do is find out which person is chewing and they have the culprit, isn't it?

Finally I like to say, "Much ado about nothing".
Old 06-11-14, 09:36 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeoDLion
The charger was $3, now it is $5. That is inflation! Besides why would I take a charger when I don't even know which device it is being use for?

The manager said they have video recordings of the place. All they have to do is find out which person is chewing and they have the culprit, isn't it?

I would hire a private detective if the FBI won't do anything!
Old 06-12-14, 09:35 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just spent 10 minutes reading this foolish thread, and on the RX forum at that! This is the type of thread you see over on the IS forum. Where can I go to get my lost time back?
Old 06-12-14, 11:56 AM
niklow
Driver

^ call your local Lexus dealer
Old 06-12-14, 12:29 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There's an app " Find my gums" which i use A LOT!
You can get it for free on itunes.

Disclaimer : the app works like " FIND MY Iphone" on chewing gums ONLY.
IT WIll NOT LOCATE MISSING DENTURES.
Old 06-13-14, 11:13 AM
vartig
Rookie

Originally Posted by acitydwelr

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I'm glad I read it. Now I'll fall asleep better tonight
Originally Posted by LeoDLion

Originally Posted by dctex99
I would hire a private detective if the FBI won't do anything!
Originally Posted by Evitzee
I just spent 10 minutes reading this foolish thread, and on the RX forum at that! This is the type of thread you see over on the IS forum. Where can I go to get my lost time back?
Originally Posted by markrivers
There's an app " Find my gums" which i use A LOT!
You can get it for free on itunes.

Disclaimer : the app works like " FIND MY Iphone" on chewing gums ONLY.
IT WIll NOT LOCATE MISSING DENTURES.
Ok guys
Im glad I made a joke over here to make you much happier. You can make fun of this post but I wonder next time what will you do if they take your cell phone or any valued object - heaven forbidden - from your car while you are waiting for your car in the dealership?

YES if WE do not stop people doing this silly stuff now! next time they will do it much worse! & it was the reason I share it here which I think I should have.
have a nice weekend
I will call the manager again to follow up & get update from cameras!! and will update here for the people who are interested...
Old 06-13-14, 12:16 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

vartig, i can understand it's the principle and not the objects. But you need to change your approach to the situation. Making a theft allegation is serious. I have asked if you thoroughly searched your RX and still do not see a response. That should have been part of your original post (i.e. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it) before you pursued this in the first place. And as far as the comments made by other members, they have expressed their opinions, maybe not in the way you expected or that I particularly like. But you did ask.

Even if the camera doesn't show anything, it might be best for you to move on. Your trust in the dealer is gone. Next time lock up anything valuable. Like Jim said, you need to remove the temptation. Personally I have not had any issues in the 15+ years at my dealership. If anything, they have left items in my RX, like mints or a thank you card. I wish you luck.
Old 06-13-14, 01:24 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a hot stormy summer and out of boredom I suspect, a few of us (myself included) have stepped outside of the comfortable envelope of the RX community. Vartig was upset over the apparent loss of a couple of items and posted his frustration. Let's let him make the call to the manager and update us. But it's time now for our support of his issue and end the hassling.

Good luck Vartig on your conversation with him. We've all learned a lesson here, don't offer a crime of opportunity by leaving valuables in the car. An otherwise honest person can be tempted on a whim, happens a lot. Let's help keep them honest by removing the temptation.
Old 06-13-14, 01:50 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
It's a hot stormy summer and out of boredom I suspect, a few of us (myself included) have stepped outside of the comfortable envelope of the RX community.
It "IS" Friday the 13th today and it "IS" a full moon tonight. Weird things are afoot, such as the Netherlands putting a sever beat down on Spain at the moment.
Old 06-13-14, 02:08 PM
niklow
Driver

5-1. brutal
Old 06-13-14, 06:34 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost worse than the theft of 3 pieces of gum! Btw, I trust my dealer and leave all in my car but obviously there are bad Lexus dealers..so glad mine is near perfect!....Penske cares!
Old 06-16-14, 10:22 AM
vartig
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
vartig, i can understand it's the principle and not the objects. But you need to change your approach to the situation. Making a theft allegation is serious. I have asked if you thoroughly searched your RX and still do not see a response. That should have been part of your original post (i.e. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it) before you pursued this in the first place. And as far as the comments made by other members, they have expressed their opinions, maybe not in the way you expected or that I particularly like. But you did ask.

Even if the camera doesn't show anything, it might be best for you to move on. Your trust in the dealer is gone. Next time lock up anything valuable. Like Jim said, you need to remove the temptation. Personally I have not had any issues in the 15+ years at my dealership. If anything, they have left items in my RX, like mints or a thank you card. I wish you luck.
kitlz Yes I did search everywhere and unfortunately no result . believe me Im still looking for my cable
Yes I do appreciate the answers. we are here to share and I'm happy to have this place.
Old 06-16-14, 12:04 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
Almost worse than the theft of 3 pieces of gum! Btw, I trust my dealer and leave all in my car but obviously there are bad Lexus dealers..so glad mine is near perfect!....Penske cares!
Me too. I have about 7- 8 dollars in quarters that I leave in my car along with iPod & charger sometimes I leave my iPhone too. Stuff is always there when they bring the car back to me. Guess mine is "near perfect also".

Quick Reply: complain from Dealer