Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

complain from Dealer

Old 06-11-14, 07:26 PM   #31
acitydwelr
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Free nitrogen tire fill and a car wash and two test drives? There are no free dinners in life.

This is just a lot of back and forth over two sticks of gum and a $5 charger you can get off ebay. lol frankly, i sort of want my 5 minutes back reading this thread.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
acitydwelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 07:57 PM   #32
Cruiter

I'm glad I read it. Now I'll fall asleep better tonight

2010RX 450h is my Daily Driver
2014 Stingray keeps my heart rate up Jim's RX450h photos http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...er-albums.html
Cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 08:38 PM   #33
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydwelr View Post
Free nitrogen tire fill and a car wash and two test drives? There are no free dinners in life.

This is just a lot of back and forth over two sticks of gum and a $5 charger you can get off ebay. lol frankly, i sort of want my 5 minutes back reading this thread.
The charger was $3, now it is $5. That is inflation! Besides why would I take a charger when I don't even know which device it is being use for?

The manager said they have video recordings of the place. All they have to do is find out which person is chewing and they have the culprit, isn't it?

Finally I like to say, "Much ado about nothing".
LeoDLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 09:36 PM   #34
dctex99
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDLion View Post
The charger was $3, now it is $5. That is inflation! Besides why would I take a charger when I don't even know which device it is being use for?

The manager said they have video recordings of the place. All they have to do is find out which person is chewing and they have the culprit, isn't it?

I would hire a private detective if the FBI won't do anything!
dctex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:35 AM   #35
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

I just spent 10 minutes reading this foolish thread, and on the RX forum at that! This is the type of thread you see over on the IS forum. Where can I go to get my lost time back?

---------------------------
Evitzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 11:56 AM   #36
niklow
Rookie

^ call your local Lexus dealer
niklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 12:29 PM   #37
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

There's an app " Find my gums" which i use A LOT!
You can get it for free on itunes.

Disclaimer : the app works like " FIND MY Iphone" on chewing gums ONLY.
IT WIll NOT LOCATE MISSING DENTURES.
2010 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Fuji White
markrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 11:13 AM   #38
vartig
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydwelr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiter View Post
I'm glad I read it. Now I'll fall asleep better tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoDLion View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
I would hire a private detective if the FBI won't do anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evitzee View Post
I just spent 10 minutes reading this foolish thread, and on the RX forum at that! This is the type of thread you see over on the IS forum. Where can I go to get my lost time back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrivers View Post
There's an app " Find my gums" which i use A LOT!
You can get it for free on itunes.

Disclaimer : the app works like " FIND MY Iphone" on chewing gums ONLY.
IT WIll NOT LOCATE MISSING DENTURES.
Ok guys
Im glad I made a joke over here to make you much happier. You can make fun of this post but I wonder next time what will you do if they take your cell phone or any valued object - heaven forbidden - from your car while you are waiting for your car in the dealership?

YES if WE do not stop people doing this silly stuff now! next time they will do it much worse! & it was the reason I share it here which I think I should have.
have a nice weekend
I will call the manager again to follow up & get update from cameras!! and will update here for the people who are interested...
vartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 12:16 PM   #39
kitlz
Live. Love. Lexus.

vartig, i can understand it's the principle and not the objects. But you need to change your approach to the situation. Making a theft allegation is serious. I have asked if you thoroughly searched your RX and still do not see a response. That should have been part of your original post (i.e. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it) before you pursued this in the first place. And as far as the comments made by other members, they have expressed their opinions, maybe not in the way you expected or that I particularly like. But you did ask.

Even if the camera doesn't show anything, it might be best for you to move on. Your trust in the dealer is gone. Next time lock up anything valuable. Like Jim said, you need to remove the temptation. Personally I have not had any issues in the 15+ years at my dealership. If anything, they have left items in my RX, like mints or a thank you card. I wish you luck.

2010 RX450h - Sport/NAV/ML
2004 RX330 - gone
1999 RX300 - gone
kitlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 01:24 PM   #40
Cruiter

It's a hot stormy summer and out of boredom I suspect, a few of us (myself included) have stepped outside of the comfortable envelope of the RX community. Vartig was upset over the apparent loss of a couple of items and posted his frustration. Let's let him make the call to the manager and update us. But it's time now for our support of his issue and end the hassling.

Good luck Vartig on your conversation with him. We've all learned a lesson here, don't offer a crime of opportunity by leaving valuables in the car. An otherwise honest person can be tempted on a whim, happens a lot. Let's help keep them honest by removing the temptation.

2010RX 450h is my Daily Driver
2014 Stingray keeps my heart rate up Jim's RX450h photos http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...er-albums.html
Cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 01:50 PM   #41
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiter View Post
It's a hot stormy summer and out of boredom I suspect, a few of us (myself included) have stepped outside of the comfortable envelope of the RX community.
It "IS" Friday the 13th today and it "IS" a full moon tonight. Weird things are afoot, such as the Netherlands putting a sever beat down on Spain at the moment.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 02:08 PM   #42
niklow
Rookie

5-1. brutal
niklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 06:34 PM   #43
dctex99
Lead Lap

Almost worse than the theft of 3 pieces of gum! Btw, I trust my dealer and leave all in my car but obviously there are bad Lexus dealers..so glad mine is near perfect!....Penske cares!
dctex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 10:22 AM   #44
vartig
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitlz View Post
vartig, i can understand it's the principle and not the objects. But you need to change your approach to the situation. Making a theft allegation is serious. I have asked if you thoroughly searched your RX and still do not see a response. That should have been part of your original post (i.e. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it) before you pursued this in the first place. And as far as the comments made by other members, they have expressed their opinions, maybe not in the way you expected or that I particularly like. But you did ask.

Even if the camera doesn't show anything, it might be best for you to move on. Your trust in the dealer is gone. Next time lock up anything valuable. Like Jim said, you need to remove the temptation. Personally I have not had any issues in the 15+ years at my dealership. If anything, they have left items in my RX, like mints or a thank you card. I wish you luck.
kitlz Yes I did search everywhere and unfortunately no result . believe me Im still looking for my cable
Yes I do appreciate the answers. we are here to share and I'm happy to have this place.
vartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 12:04 PM   #45
sandy14
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
Almost worse than the theft of 3 pieces of gum! Btw, I trust my dealer and leave all in my car but obviously there are bad Lexus dealers..so glad mine is near perfect!....Penske cares!
Me too. I have about 7- 8 dollars in quarters that I leave in my car along with iPod & charger sometimes I leave my iPhone too. Stuff is always there when they bring the car back to me. Guess mine is "near perfect also".
2002 RX 300 White / Lt. Grey (Sold)

sandy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 12:04 PM

Tags
complain, dealearship, dealer, lexus, report